TREEHOUSE (tavern)

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: TREEHOUSE (tavern)

#881 Post by Urson »

Daisy
A wise woman once told me that the future is like a peacock's tail- spreading out in a wide fan from every moment. Ah don't know what's gonna happen- we may wind up with a farmer's village and a sailor's village.
Mostly, sugar, Ah wanted to know what ya'll want to do, so Ah can try and figure it into the plans. Ah'll be honest, Ah think you're going to find yourself out here all alone- but Ah ain't fool enough to try and force you to change your mind.
Just remember- if and when you decide to move, Ah'll be glad to round up folks to help tote your stock and build you a new place.

After some small talk- maybe even a little flirting from Daisy, just because- she'll head back down to the ground.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#882 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall smiles as he talks.

"Ya already involve Randall betta den anyone else ear, an mi appreciate dat, Maya Daisy."

"Missa Nehru neva ask me tings like dat."

"But if da ships gonna stay ere, den so is Randall. Da famas dont spend much coin ear anyway."

"Let I know ow tings turn out, ya?"

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#883 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Jobo

Being new in town Jobo does what he always does he makes his way to the first drinking establishment he can find. Staking out Festus he ascends the ladder into the Treehouse.

Looking around at the lack of crowd he ambles towards the bar "Just got to town Ale if you have it, anything else if you don't. S'long as it packs a punch! Jobo Greentoes the name."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#884 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Fresh off the latest ship, Jobo hits the tavern first, leaving his goat tied to the tree below.

Randall welcomes the thirsty hobbit, motioning to an open stool at the uneven driftwood topped bar. He leans over the bar to look at Jobo's feet before responding.

"Whagwan Jobo Greentoe? Mi name a Randall. An we got sum ting even betta den ale. We got GROG!" Pouring a mug of the thick liquid and handing it over, Randall smiles and awaits any reaction over his naturally fermented jungle concoction. "Is good, man! Almost eryone ear say so."

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#885 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Jobo

Not sure whether to keep his eye more on Randall and his grog or the goat below Jobo moves in for a drink. Downing about half the glass. "Pleasant, but does it have any punch to it?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#886 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall smiles.

"It no punch, it GROG!"

The mystery grog has an interesting flavor, but not one you've ever tasted before. You definitely pick up hints of tubers or roots of some kind, but the alcohol content does seem a bit limited.

"If ya wana get punch, Randall make one 'ell of a RUM punch."

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#887 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Jobo

"Well I guess let's try one of those" He says with a broad smile. "Have you heard of anyone heading into the interior of this Island, or going around to the far side?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#888 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall pours a small glass of straight rum and slides it in front of the halfling.

"Oh yesa! Of chorus. Pee-pole gwan inta da jungle all da time ear. Some even come back!" He laughs until he notices his joke wasn't very funny.

"Mi dont no nuttin bout anyone making it as far as da udder side, but ya can always be da firs."

Festus suddenly bleats out loudly from below, causing the dark skinned barman to screw up his face. "Wha da ell was dat?"

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#889 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Jobo

Tossing down the rum in a quick motion, taking just enough time to get a good taste and savor the alcohol burn, "Now that's more like it! Once I can set up shop we'll have to discuss trade my man. Jobo's the name, downstairs is Festus my bad natured pack goat. What do I owe you?" Throwing a GP on the counter. If that seems acceptable I'll quickly slide down to Festus and see what is happening.

Brunnacht
Tracker
Tracker

#890 Post by Brunnacht »

Til-dirion
Late to the party, he heads to bar and asks the barman for some food.
"Hi, what food do you have? I'd like something warm, hearty, with bread and some of your best beer, please."
He spots Jobo and nods an hello. He asks the barman.
"Where did all the locals go?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#891 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Brunnacht wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:27 pm Til-dirion
Late to the party, he heads to bar and asks the barman for some food.
"Hi, what food do you have? I'd like something warm, hearty, with bread and some of your best beer, please."
He spots Jobo and nods an hello. He asks the barman.
"Where did all the locals go?"
I will consider this post on hold for now. Were the other posts here deleted?

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#892 Post by Quonundrum »

I deleted mine pending what happened with the dwarves as I expected that would change the content.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#893 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ok, I thought I was going (even more) nuts for a second there. :lol:

His act working quite well to fool the dwarves into thinking he was another half crippled townie, Andron makes his way to the Treehouse with out being stopped by the dwarven patrol. When he looks back before climbing up the ladder, he sees Torbath wasn't so lucky.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#894 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

Relieved that his ploy worked, Andronichishche pauses at the rope ladder to the tavern platform and glances back towards the group hiding in the jungle. He was alarmed to see Torbath accosted by the dwarven patrol, but there was little he could do without raising even more suspicion. Noting that they did not appear overtly hostile, he trusted in the mage's ability to handle the situation. After all, he did manage to befriend a troglodyte, alone and in the jungle. Turning his attention back to the ladder, Andron slowly heaves himself up while favoring his injured arm.

As he enters onto the platform, he makes his way to the bar and slumps onto an available stool. He motions to Randall and places two silver coins on the bar top. "A glass of grog and a bowl of stew, please, Mr. Randall." He surveys the room for other patrons and remarks over his shoulder, "It would seem the Stoneguts have made good on their claim. The town is moving across the river? Are you planning to stay or leave?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#895 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Treehouse tavern is currently empty except for a rather exasperated looking Randall sitting behind his driftwood bar top. He nods at Andron, happy to see a customer again.

"Dem bumba-clot dwarf chase away all Randall paying custamer. Den dem cheap fatties dont even drink ear!"

He pours out a watery grog and a thin bowl of stew, gladly scooping up the 2 coins.

"Yesa! Randall haffi stay ear. Dis tree mi ome. But most a da udders already leaf."

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#896 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

He nods in understanding and proceeds to quickly empty the bowl of stew, thankful for something aside from dried rations. After a couple tentative sips from the glass of grog, he asks Randall, "The dwarves ... they are rather insistent on their claim to the area. What would you ...". He pauses momentarily to carefully consider his next words, "What would you do if they claimed this tree ... maybe even tried to chop it down for lumber?" Andron studies Randall's demeanor, drinking slowly again from his glass in an attempt to conceal his scrutiny.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#897 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall nods.

"Me dont tink dem will do any ting ta Randal."

"Dey only seem ta mess wit folks who mess wit dem first, an Randall too smart to try any ting wit a bunch of surly dwarf."

"Dem dinna claim da trail till der rocks was took. Den some fool went ova der and kill a few a dem. Dey really dinna like dat."

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#898 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

"Indeed you are, my friend." One of you certainly is, he thought. "All the same, though, with the town gone, how would you protect yourself? If not the dwarves, then anything else like another sea scrag? I am concerned for your safety, alone out here. Do you have any weapons, at least?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#899 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall continues.

"Weapon? What good is a weapon against so many? No man, Randall no fight dem wit weapon. Randall too smart fi dat too."

He takes the empty mug and looks into the bottom, wondering if it should be filled again.

"Mi dealt wit wicked sailors, unhinge mercenaries, tugs, killers, an even crazed wifes. Randal no ow ta pro tek imself."

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#900 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

Andronichishche slides another silver coin over the bar top for a refill of grog. He relaxes and gives Randall a broad smile in response. "Well, I have never been married ... not even close, actually ... but from the tales I have heard from many a weary and somber man, there is no beast quite as fearful nor dangerous as an angry wife." He tips the glass to emphasize the point. "Nevertheless, I know how special and ... unique ... your home, this tree, is. If you are ever in need, sir, I will help to the best of my ability."

Return to “Completed Missions”