TREEHOUSE (tavern)

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: TREEHOUSE (tavern)

#921 Post by gurusql »

Torbath

"Based on the intel from Randall, perhaps we should stick together and head west up the beach. I would recommend we leave ASAP. We can try to and figure out a way to signal the rest of the group once we are clear."

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#922 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

"Raythan is dead?" He asks the question rhetorically, much more concerned he was now about Nallissa. Torbath's suggestion brings his attention back to current events, however. Any thoughts about ... revenge ... the emotion suddenly bursts into his mind again like a sun gone nova. He struggles to regain his composure while nodding at Torbath's words, almost not comprehending them through the haze of emotion.

"Right, of course. He begins, with a tentative and befuddled voice. "We would need to move in the same direction as the dwarves, though. We are also in no condition to search for our friends the in the jungle so close to sunset, either." He pauses to consider the situation momentarily. "Let us wait to see what the dwarves do. If necessary, we can break for the water and wade our way west. In their chainmail I doubt they'd be inclined to follow. Otherwise, I suggest we stay the night here and move out at first light. With luck, we will see signs of lingering camp smoke to guide our way."

"Mr. Randall, do you perchance have a couple oilcloth sacks ...?"

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#923 Post by gurusql »

Torbath

Torbath nods and listens to wise words of his half-elf friend, "If we could spend the night and more at first light, we would have a lot more options, tactical and otherwise."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#924 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall shrugs at the request for oil cloth bags, having no idea what that is.

His look of concern grows once the distant battle with the dwarves commences.

"Disa very impotant. Ya muss tell Randall da truut now. Did dem dwarf see ya come up ear? Cuz if dey did, dem will be coming up ear next. Mi no mi tell ya ya can stay ear, but dat was befo da fightin brake out."

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#925 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

Andronichishche was watching the combat continue to unfold at the edge of the jungle when Randall implores the pair to reconsider. "I do not believe they saw me, but after accosting Mr. Torbath and his subsequent jump ...". His voice trails off as he turns to face Randall and can see now the concern in his demeanour. He quickly glances up to the ceiling, rather the platform above that apparently serves as storage, and adds "Right then, I understand ..."

Andron hastily gathers his gear together and urgently motions for Torbath to do the same. "We must leave now, Mr. Torbath. I will explain later." Before leaving, he extends a hand to Randall. "Good luck, Mr. Randall. I sincerely hope we meet again. Please also keep my share of the meat."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#926 Post by gurusql »

Torbath

"Understood - let's go!" says Torbath. Torbath takes a last bite and follows Andron.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#927 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall

"If ya go to da idden beach camp, up da beach, to da west, ya might find a pat ta get back ta ya fren. Folks made plenty a crisscross pats true da jungle ta ide from da dwarf when dem first came ear. So, if ya fren go west, and you go west, maybe ya can fine each udder again."

"Randall can bring ya some meat der once it cooks."

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#928 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

"Well, north is obviously out of the question and east the Stoneguts occupy poor Raythan's house, west it is, then." He begins climbing down the rope ladder and calls up to Torbath, "We can hide our tracks if we move through the shallow water!"

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#929 Post by gurusql »

Torbath

Torbath thanks Randall and climbs down right after Andron. “I suggest we hurry along.” his says in a quiet voice after climbing down. “I will follow your lead as you know the area better than I do.”

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#930 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

"About three miles west there is a trail where the beach ends. We may first need to camp on the beach, though. We would be eaten alive by insects trekking through the jungle at night."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#931 Post by gurusql »

Torbath

“Let us hope we are not eaten alive by anything, including the bugs!”

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#932 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randal nods but says no more as his only 2 patrons decide they better leave quickly.

When they get down to the sand again, the duo can see that their friends are in dire straits, with another 8 or so dwarves following behind the first. Cringing when their friends call out to them, attracting more unwanted attention, the pair scuttle off towards the west and the water, not seeing anyone following them as of yet.

Please make your next actions here in this thread while I wait to see what the others will do. (Water? Jungle? Beach?)

Thanks!

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#933 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

Andronichishche visibly cringes as he hears the others calling for Torbath and himself to flee the treehouse. "That settles that question." He notices the growing small army of dwarves hasn't yet directed its attention to the tavern, but he knows it's only a matter of time. He points to what remains of the common houses just to the west of them and across the edge of the logger's trail on the beach. "Break for cover behind the nearest building. We can look for a wooden plank to keep our packs dry on the water."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#934 Post by gurusql »

Torbath

Torbath nods and follows the half-elf.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#935 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Since this is no longer happening in the tavern, lets move this action over here: viewtopic.php?p=562562#p562562

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#936 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall is back by the time all the hugs and kisses on the beach are over. He looks at Maag and Cresty.

"So, we gwan strait bak ta da tavern, er what?"

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#937 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

"Well, der Tree'ouse is a bit exposed out der. If der dwarves' see me an' Cresty leavin', dey might come an' ask you wot we woz doin' up dere."

"If dere is a way yer could drop me off at Flick's shack, maybe I could 'ide out der until dark. Den yer would be off der 'ook"
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#938 Post by kruk »

Cresty

I agree with Maag. I don't want our presence to be a threat to you Randall. Do ships still anchor off shore? If so is there a way you can smuggle me aboard one of them?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#939 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall just smiles at the two men.

"Dont worry bout a ting. Randall can get ya anywhere ya want ta go."

"But since ya was so gen-rous wit ya meat, let Randall buy ya boat a round. eh?"

The tavern keeper starts making his way back to his elevated tavern, waving his hand for the pair to follow.

"Yes man! Me spect Quark ta be back any day now. Him can get ya boat back ta da main land again, if ya got da coin."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#940 Post by OGRE MAGE »

In case you guys aren't reading this one anymore, here is some XP: viewtopic.php?p=566340#p566340

Return to “Completed Missions”