TREEHOUSE (tavern)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: TREEHOUSE (tavern)

#901 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall looks confused by the proclamation of aid initially, but his expression softens as he refills the mug.

"Mi like dat. I may take up you on dat some day."

"So, whagwan wit ya? You been out in da jungle fi a time?"

He looks out over the mostly uprooted town. "Most of da shack is gone. Where ya sleepin now? Ya need to sleep up ear? Safe from da dwarf?"

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#902 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

"Yes, indeed. My friends and I just returned from a two day expedition to the old temple in the jungle." He turns to survey the town from their elevated position. "Mr. Alordan has a wondrous portable cabin we have been using, but I am unsure if we can keep it hidden from the dwarf patrols. I don't mean to impose on your privacy, although we may not have a safe alternative. Thank you ..."

He appears about to say more, but stops suddenly and lowers his glass. Pushing himself up from the stool, he shuffles to the edge of the platform to confirm his suspicion. "Oh, dear. A patrol has accosted Mr. Torbath. I can't make out what they're saying. They don't look too happy, though, pulling and prodding at his gear." He wasn't sure what, if anything, he could do to help. For the moment, he gazes beyond the kerfuffle to the jungle treeline where the rest are presumably still hiding, hoping they have a plan.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#903 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall takes a look for himself.

"Dat not good. Mi ear dat da dwarf are stopping adventurers coming back inta town and taking anyting valuable or important dey find out der."

"You guys find anyting good out der?"

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#904 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

He echoes Randall's sentiment, "That's not good."

"This time, fortunately, I don't think they would be interested in the boar meat we brought back. We were planning to donate it to the communal cooks ... though it would seem that's not an option now. However, with the Hi-Lo gone, we do need to restock our rations. Would you be able to cook and prepare the meat for us? I am sure the others would be glad to give you a share of the meat for your help."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#905 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

Climbs into the Treehouse. "Hi Randall. Have you learned anything more Andron?"

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#906 Post by gurusql »

Torbath

Torbath climbs up after just escaping the dwarves and sits next to Andron and says "Just got away from those dwarves, not very friendly." Looking to the barkeep he says "I have been hearing about your stew for a while, can I please have a bowl? And how much is that?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#907 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall watches as Tlachtga is the next one to try to cross the nearly vacant town without attracting the attention of the dwarves. She fails as well. Never one to turn down a free meal, he responds to Andron as Torbath enters the tavern.

"Yes man! Randall take any good meat ya got, man! Dem dwarf dinna take mi firepit yet, so mi can get dis cookin right away!"

When Torbath asks about the stew, Randall straightens up with pride. "Ya erd bout dat eh? Ya man! It was pretty good befo all dis appen," he waves his arm over the abandonded town. "If ya wan a likkle meat in it, mi can do dat too, but dat will take a bit longa." He sends a wink Andron's way.

"Da price fi stew an grog da same, man. One silva each!"

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#908 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

Andronichishche looks up in surprise to see Torbath climbing onto the platform. "Glad to see you made it past those dwarves. What about the others?" He looks out through the canopy of leaves and sees that Tlachtga is the next to be interrogated. At the moment they appeared to be treating her to the same rough prodding as Torbath, so he wasn't immediately concerned for her safety.

He turns and smiles broadly at Randall's culinary offer. "Excellent! I have only a portion of the meat myself, but I am certain the others would gladly offer their portions to be cooked, as well." He gestures at Torbath when he mentions this. "Minus a share for yourself, of course." Andron winks conspiratorially in return.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#909 Post by gurusql »

Torbath

Torbath offers up his sack when Andron mentions the meat and says “them dwarves are mighty unfriendly. I just got away with the help of my magic. I expect a battle is coming with the rest of the group if they are not careful, but I suspect the two of us will not be a great addition for them.”
Looking back toward, Randall he slides over two silver and says “Thank you for the stew, the offer to cook the meat and your generous friendship.”

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#910 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall is thrilled to be handed even more meat to cook.

"Oh yesa! Is no problem. Randall like meat too."

"Yes dem dwarf is real shitty ta deal wit. Most folk juss sneak back inta town since dem took ova. But not many a dem coming back dees days anyway. Dey like ta take alf a what any adventurer got on dem. Dey call it da Stonegut tax, but Randall tink dey juss like stealin from folk who come back lookin a likkle beat up."

The trio watches as Maag exits the jungle next, attempting to parlay with the patrol. One of the dwarves appears to attack their thief with the handle of his ax.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#911 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

As they watch Maag exit the jungle, a definite edge of concern is notable in Andron's voice. "A Stonegut tax? There is no chance in the nine hells that Maag will ...". His words trail off as one of the dwarfs whacks the thief across the legs with the handle of his ax. "Damn." The only word he utters before the inevitable retaliation, Maag style. He shifts his gaze to the head of the logger's trail to see if any dwarven reinforcements are visible.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#912 Post by gurusql »

Torbath

“Hey Randall, mind if I wash out that sack? Things are looking like we might have to move quickly. If for any reason we cannot return the meat is yours.”

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#913 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I need to pause here until the others are done acting this round.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#914 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall watches the actions of the distant group with Andron and Torbath, his expression slowly turning to one of extreme concern.

"Dat not good. Dem four dwarf aint da only dwarf around! An dey don't like it when folks don't do wha dem say."

Andron spots several more dwarves near the end of the loggers trail, at least a dozen others, but maybe more inside the strange new building he sees built there now. As soon as the fighting breaks out between his friends and the patrol of dwarves, several of their kin arm up and start heading for the fracas.

Randall's next statement brings a lump to the throats of his only two patrons. "Der's about tirty more dwarf ova der. Maybe more. You fren in trouble now. An if dem seen ya come up ear, den we in big trouble too."

He looks around the empty tavern nervously, apparently trying to come up with a plan of some kind.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#915 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

Andronichishche could only stare in dismay as the skirmish enfolds before them. As his gaze shifts to the logger's trail and he notices more dwarves readying themselves to enter the fray, his jaw drops in stunned silence. Before he could utter a word, Randall interjects with news of even more dwarves, enough to severely outnumber their friends. "Did you just say .. thirty?!"

He quickly recovers his nerves though, his recent experiences in battle enuring him to the initial shock and adrenaline dump. Andron's brain now analyzes and calculates numerous different options and scenarios.

"I fear you are correct, Mr. Randall. However, this is not your battle to fight." He turns to Torbath and places a hand on his shoulder. "Mr. Torbath, a hermit lives to the east of town, alone in a small house. A half-elf by the name of Raythan. I have never met him, but I hear he is a good man and should be able to hide you. While the dwarves are occupied, I suggest that you slip away unseen."

He then shifts to face Randall. "I cannot allow Mr. Randall to bear the consequences of a retaliation. Therefore, I will stay here to ensure they do not hold him to account. They likely thought of me as just another poor townsperson, but I will claim complicity if necessary to divert their attention from him."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#916 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall

“YES man! Dats what mi say. Tirty!”

“NO man! Ray-tans DEAD! Dem dwarf got him ouse now.”

“Randall no a place ya can go. All ya! Dat way, up da beach.”
He points to the west, the opposite direction of the river trail.

“A small camp in da jungle. Dwarfs no go dat way. So dem no no it’s der. Dem won’t follow ya very far. Dem stay ova near da trail mostly.”

“Der might still be sum udder pee-pole from town der.”

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#917 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Now Maag should know what to do next. :lol:

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#918 Post by Quonundrum »

Is that the Monkoon clearing or further west?

viewtopic.php?p=294684#p294684

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#919 Post by Jernau35 »

Well...he figured there were too many of them here. The whole town ran away! But his amazing Half-Orc hearing just confirmed it :lol:
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#920 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Further west. You can’t see it from here. :D

Return to “Completed Missions”