TREEHOUSE (tavern)

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: TREEHOUSE

#81 Post by Spearmint »

Miss Tal

Krystal climbs the ladder into the treehouse once more. She brushes herself off from the collection of leaves in her hair, that might have harassed her passage back to the settlement.

"Well we would have made it further down the trail until some brave adventurers came running and then got weak at the knee and ran back again. I wonder how those loggers out there manage with all the dangers about?" she says to Randall and collects an empty glass, wiping it clean on a handkerchief. She will pay for another glass of grog (-1sp), and announce she will plan a new trek to the logging camp after sunrise. All those interested meet at the trail after breakfast.

She will sit back and listen to the local gossip and rumour mill.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

"Well, I'm going to act on your idea Saracen, and see if I can find some herbs that will help that fella." Wes stands up, drains the last of his grog, pulling a face as he finishes. "With a bit of luck, I'll find something that will make that stuff drinkable too".

Wes descends the ladder to the ground. He heads over to the treeline and starts searching for suitable plants to make an antidote to the tree-frog poison. While searching, he's willing to go inside the treeline, but not so far that he loses sight of the beach and the ocean. He's also planning on staying within shouting distance of Beachtown.
2sp deducted for the two cups of grog Wes has had today (so far....)
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#83 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Jernau35 wrote:Wes

"Well, I'm going to act on your idea Saracen, and see if I can find some herbs that will help that fella." Wes stands up, drains the last of his grog, pulling a face as he finishes. "With a bit of luck, I'll find something that will make that stuff drinkable too".

Wes descends the ladder to the ground. He heads over to the treeline and starts searching for suitable plants to make an antidote to the tree-frog poison. While searching, he's willing to go inside the treeline, but not so far that he loses sight of the beach and the ocean. He's also planning on staying within shouting distance of Beachtown.
2sp deducted for the two cups of grog Wes has had today (so far....)
Great! If you are going out alone, we can resume this in your private thread. That way nobody will know what happened to you. :twisted: JK

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Spearmint »

Miss Tal

Will help Monocar examine his bush. "It looks pretty ordinary to me. Some thorny needles seem to have broken off, maybe one or two of them stuck in Bonnie's derriere'? Maybe you can get a few more bushy leaves and create a camouflage suit. We could catch a monkoon on the trail tomorrow, when it sneaks up and you remain hidden unseen and unheard?"

Krystal sorts through her pack and brings out an old worn hooded cloak, formerly used as a rolled up pillow offering it to Monocar to make her one as well. She watches folk come and go, looking out over the balcony of the treehouse.

"Mr Randall, what does this Captain Quark keep in his stone house. He never got off the ship to check it. Does his family live there?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#86 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Monocar stands there with his bush in his hand as the others continue to comment on it. Randall just looks on, shaking his head in confusion.

Krystal hands the large human an old cloak, explaining how he could use the bush to make some camouflaged his and her jungle suits. She moves over to the railing to watch the normal activities of the town for a while, noticing nothing that strikes her as completely out of the ordinary. After a moment she addresses the barkeep about the grizzled captain's stone tower.

Randall
"Nomon! Da Cap'n haff no famly round ear dat I know of. Juss him bookkeeper live in der now as far as I know. Him a strange likkle man dat don't come round much, so mi don't know a lot about him.

Dat makes 2 times in a row now dat da ship juss sail off and no sailors come in ear. Dats bad for me bidness. It make me wonder what is going on down dat way dat is so im-por-tant."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen waves the Druid off wishing him good luck.

The half-orc will sit and listen intently to the conversations around him, before making his excuses as the evening falls and leaves the treehouse.

He will head to his shared shack after completing his business and settle in.
Greys Campaign.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Monsieur Rose »

"Bonnie"
Treehouse

While sitting and observing the goings on in the treehouse, Bonnie's ears perk up at the mention of the stone house.
She walks over to Krystal and starts chatting in elvish.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal

chats away in pleasant elven with Bonnie, having 'girlie' talk of fingernails and split ends on her hair.

"Well warrior Monocar, you would like to start earning some of that 15gp back wouldn't you? See all that tumble weed blown in from the jungle, that could make a fine trail camo pattern. But don't stray too far away, we might need your protection tonight in case the zombies come back."

Krystal (and Bonnie if she comes) will go check out this book keeper at the stone tower. Maybe the scribe will have more notes and maps about the island and information on folks reports about the interior.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Monsieur Rose »

"Bonnie"
Treehouse gossip

Bonnie smiles and chuckles with Krystal, then politely excuses herself and goes to talk to Randall.

Smiling sweetly at Randall, she asks "Hi again. Could you help me out, I'm confused about something. How long have you and the others been here? It seems like it must have taken a long time to build this treehouse and that tower?"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar Jemara

Looks about to say something then closes his mouth. "Oh..." Looking from the bush to the cloaks he tries to think of a way to make camouflage. "Well, I guess I have nothing better to do...." He settles into a chair and begins trying to work out the makeshift medieval gilly suits.

OOC: Okay, so is this something Monocar would even have the means much less the knowledge how to do? Either way how long would it take ect? I have to admit it is far outside my personal knowledge so short of doing some research (which I will happily do) I am kind of stumped. Should I roll for it?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#93 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Monsieur Rose wrote:"Bonnie"
Treehouse gossip

Bonnie smiles and chuckles with Krystal, then politely excuses herself and goes to talk to Randall.

Smiling sweetly at Randall, she asks "Hi again. Could you help me out, I'm confused about something. How long have you and the others been here? It seems like it must have taken a long time to build this treehouse and that tower?"
Randall
"Nomon! Mos of us only ben ear a mont or so. Me only ben open short time."

He stands up proudly and exclaims.
"It only took me an O N tree week ta bill allllll dis!" He moves his arm around in a horizontal arc, pointing the place out as he finishes.

"Da sailors bill da capn's tower in even less time den dat. Two week or so.

Taking another birds eye view of the buildings in town, you remember that only the Hi-Lo is built with any skill or craftsmanship. The other buildings are ramshackle eyesores.

The captains "tower" is squat, round and shoddily built with rock and mortar. It has a thatch sloped roof with no access to the inside.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#94 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Bluehorse wrote:Monocar Jemara

Looks about to say something then closes his mouth. "Oh..." Looking from the bush to the cloaks he tries to think of a way to make camouflage. "Well, I guess I have nothing better to do...." He settles into a chair and begins trying to work out the makeshift medieval gilly suits.

OOC: Okay, so is this something Monocar would even have the means much less the knowledge how to do? Either way how long would it take ect? I have to admit it is far outside my personal knowledge so short of doing some research (which I will happily do) I am kind of stumped. Should I roll for it?
It would take a while. With no experience or skill at it, I would say it would require a nearly impossible Intelligence and Dexterity roll. Go for it. :D

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar Jemara

It would take a while. With no experience or skill at it, I would say it would require a nearly impossible Intelligence and Dexterity roll. Go for it. :D
[6d6] = 20 (INT 7) [6d6] = 21 (DEX 17)

Admittedly... this goes about as well as anyone could have guessed. Monocar rather cluelessly start taking off twigs of the bush and trying to find a way to get them to stick to the elf's cloak. He seems puzzled at first but soon is getting red faced with frustration, his cheery demeanor now quickly beginning to be replaced by something slightly less aggressive than a hungry grizzly bear.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Spearmint »

Miss Tal

"Randall, this Captain Quarks book keeper, is that the scribe form the boat or someone else? I wonder if Quarks office has a few more books or scraps of information inside. Perhaps reports of the interior. Does the keeper man, live in the tower?"

Krystal prepares to go see the book keeper and then if time allows, Mr Nehru. (think Bonnie is coming too). "Monocar, we will come back for a fashion parade of the camo' gear after supper."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#97 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall replies to Krystal.

Yes. Him live in der. Mi don't know if it da same person. Mi no ride on dat boat.

You can check out the tower and do any related business transactions in this new thread.
Quarks Tower

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Monsieur Rose »

"Bonnie"
Treehouse

Bonnie stops by Monocar "I didn't know you were so crafty, you're full of surprises! Are you going to be around later? I am going to take a short stroll with Miss Krystal, but I'll be back."

She walks over to Krystal "Shall we?"

Bonnie exits the Treehouse, heading towards Quark's Tower.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie doesn't know that. She failed sewing and tailoring back home.

Return to “Completed Missions”