TREEHOUSE (tavern)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: TREEHOUSE (tavern)

#861 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall bulges his eyes in jest at the 4 coins before moving back behind his dilapidated bar.

Returning with a full mug of thick grog and a steaming bowl of mystery stew that doesn't smell too bad, he serves them to the elf.

"Here's ya firs roun, fren. So tell I, what brung ya to dis islan? Ya crazy er sumting?"

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#862 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Gnodric

"Well the answer to that would be yes if my Father were here to answer it. However I like to think of it as unpredictable or adventurous." He tries the soup and grog. "Good stuff, on the mainland they said there was gold to be won if your arm was strong enough. So, Here I am to see if that is true." Taking another big bite and a drink. "If you know anyone looking for some muscle just point me there direction."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#863 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"Da big news is all da ob-lisk. Ders a ring a dem spread out all roun dis islan. Eryone talkin bout dem, man. Muss be sumting special wit dem becah it seem like a race ta fine da next one."

Randall looks over the edge of the Treehouse railing down to a nearby tent, pointing to it.

"Mi tink ders a new group lookin fi udders ta join right down der."

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#864 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Gnodric

Seeing activity around the tent Randall has pointed out the big elf wolfs down the rest of his stew and downs the remaining grog. "Thanks for the food, hope to be back for more later" Saying to Randall as he bounds for the entry and descends quickly.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#865 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"Yes I. Tank ya, sa."

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#866 Post by SirOwen »

Dexter Broadleaf

Awaking only slightly refreshed and still in pain, Dexter crawls out of his hammock and gets dressed. He puts on his clean, dry set of clothes and heads for the Treehouse. Climbing up with groans and grunts, he pulls himself onto the platform. "Randall," he says. "I would pay real money for eggs and bacon. Any chance of that here?"
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#867 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall smiles down at his first customer of the day.

"Oh yesa! Of course! Ya can haff anyting ya want ere at da Treeouse, as long as its jungle stew."

He winks, not sure if he should pour some into a bowl or not.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#868 Post by SirOwen »

Dexter Broadleaf

Dex laughs and waves the bartender to pour him a bowl. "Excellent, then! Heh heh ha. I'll have a big bowl of egg-and-bacon-flavored stew, Randall. And a glass of water.... too early for grog.... way too early for rum."

As Dex has his breakfast, he says to Randall, "I've sent that letter to my family. We should hear something back about the costs of shipping ale here before too long. The mail into the Principality is usually pretty good, and my family lives for correspondence."
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#869 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall pours and serves, nodding enthusiastically about the idea of getting the ale, but looking slightly confused about the concept of sending and receiving correspondences. The native barkeep doesn't mention that he isn't well versed in the matter.

"Wata eh? No problem, man. Me ear dat da new fama wit all da animals haff sum egg. Maybe him sell ya a few? But dont ask I ow ta cook em. Randall no eat egg."

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#870 Post by SirOwen »

Dexter Broadleaf

Dexter laughs over his bowl of stew. "Never you mind about that, Randall. Never was there a Hobbit lad or lass that wasn't taught from the cradle how to cook!" He hesitates and then continues. "Truth be told, though, I have no cooking gear with me. When I get these eggs, might I make use of your stove and a pan or pot? I promise to use 'em gently and return them as I got them. Now," he continues a bit breathlessly, "When you say that you don't eat eggs, do you mean that you don't like them, or just have never tried them? There are a LOT of different ways to cook eggs."
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#871 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall nods and points out his meager stove, nothing more than stacked stones under a blackened iron grate with a small pan of hot coals underneath. There is a large pot of stew bubbling on the grate, and a few other pans around, but this is definitely no halfling kitchen.

"Mi no eat egg, cuz mi no like da taste. But Randall willing to learn ow ya cook em."

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#872 Post by SirOwen »

Dexter Broadleaf

"No problem, Randall. I can teach you how to cook almost anything," says Dexter. "So who, exactly has these eggs?"
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#873 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"Da only fama wit da chicken. Him live at the new place, wit da wood fence round it."

Randall points down to Liams farm off in the distance.

"Mi tink im nama Lee, er someting like dat."

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#874 Post by SirOwen »

Dexter Broadleaf

"Oh, yeah!" says Dex, finishing up his bowl of stew. "Mister Liam. OK, I'll go ask him about that. See if he has any for sale. Thanks, Randall." Dex climbs back down from the Tavern, still a little sore from the previous day's adventures.
"There is no spoon."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#875 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Near lunchtime, Daisy climbs into the Treehouse.

Hi, sugar! Ah need to talk to you about your place here. We're going to be moving Beachtown to a better, safer place, and everyone keeps asking me what's going to happen to ya'll and your treehouse. Ah don't want you to be abandoned, so Ah want to ask you what you want to do.
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#876 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall looks down his nose at the Mayor with a confused look on his face.

"Wha ya spect Randall ta do? Move a ol tree?"

"No man! Me dont tink me gwan anywhere.

"Randall got roots ere, jano."
He smiles at his own witty play on words.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#877 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Ah understand, sugar. But we're going to
relocate the town, and you'll lose all your business.
Ah'm not going to try and force you to move- but Beachtown is going to disappear. We want you to come along.
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#878 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall nods in understanding, but doesn’t relinquish his stance.

“Ow ya so sure ya be able ta con vince every one ta move? Randall ear plenty pee pole who say dem stay put right ear.”

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#879 Post by Urson »

Daisy
It's not really convincing anyone, darlin'. It's more them seeing their best chance for safety and decent meals. Ah don't plan on tryin' to force anyone to move- but this place is going to be pretty empty once folks see that we've got a safe village built in good farmland.
The most important part, Randall, is that Ah said Ah'd do my best to protect and lead everyone here in Beachtown. That means you, too. Ah feel responsible for tryin' to provide you with your best chance.
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#880 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall nods his head slowly.

"Mi unda stan all dat, but mi still tink ya puttin da cart unda ya orse. "

"If alf da folks wanna stay, and alf wanna leaf, dat still enough pee pole to keep I in bidness."

"An wha bout da ships? Ya got a nudder dock build somewhere else yet? Sailors really like Randall's grog!"

Return to “Completed Missions”