Chapter 1 (GreyWolfVT, sulldawga, Bluehorse)

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 1 (GreyWolfVT, sulldawga, Bluehorse)

#301 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke replies, We'll fly the copter back to our place, then double up on a bike to head back to the hideaway to retrieve Deuce's bike. But we can worry about that later. Let's make sure we all live long enough to have these problems.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#302 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven "Very well sounds good to me. Now getting to the scouting are we going in on foot for stealth or half way on bike then from there on foot?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#303 Post by Rukellian »

You lower your gyrocopter closer to the building with the spot of yellow. It moves upon hearing your copter blades. The yellow spot was actually a man, a man in a yellow trench coat with a large cowboy hat. It's the ghoul from earlier. He gets up partially, squints at Deuce, and then waves, a pair of binoculars in his hands. There is a small duffle bag nearby him and a few discarded food items. Looks like he did some scouting of his own, or he just lives on this roof. You think it might be the former.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#304 Post by Bluehorse »

Deuce waves casually and turns making it a point to head in the wrong direction fast as he can, dipping behind the nearby ridge, he will keep up a high speed but stay out of sigjt of the camp to come up behind his companions before landing and explaining what he saw.

in case you need it for speed or whatever:

:[1d20] = 17

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#305 Post by Rukellian »

You land safely where you want to and reach the others in your group without drawing outside attention. Is this what you were waiting for? If so, sorry. :oops:
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#306 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke explains the plan. Deuce will scout from the air while Zeke and Seven move up on bikes and find a place to hide that's close to the raider base. Once the raiders send out a raiding party, Deuce waits until they're a few miles away, then scoots back to base. He'll lift Zeke and Seven over the wall, where the pair will search the base for the missing kid. Deuce will stay up top, watching for the return of the raiders and taking pot shots at any raiders still in the camp giving us grief.

Hopefully, we can be in and out quickly.

How do you guys feel about this plan?

GreyWolfVT

#307 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven nods listening to the plan "I however think there might be a few holes in the plan Zeke. Plus we have the ghoulie to contend with can't tell if he's with us or not. A fourth would provide a useful ally if he is of good intent. Plus he now knows we have a air vehicle if he is working for the raiders. Plus again we aren't sure that copter can even manage more than one person's weight. I have the big baby for a reason I'm sure I can make something explode to distract them raiders long enough. But I'm thinking that lacks the tact your looking for here. What we really need is a good roof and a sniper rifle. Try not to draw attention to our friend here in the air. "
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#308 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke replies I'm open to other plans. What did you have in mind? I'm fine with a distraction but how are we getting in and out?

GreyWolfVT

#309 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven puts a hand to his chin then moves it up to the side of his head tapping a finger on his forehead "I'm not sure this would work but do you think they would let one or two of us in the front if we claim to be looking for slaves? Or looking for work and see if they have something we might assist with to gain entrance?"

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#310 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke says We have no evidence that they're slavers. And I don't want to have a conversation with them about their initiation rites. I'd prefer stealth or force over chit-chat when it comes to raiders.

GreyWolfVT

#311 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven "Think not of it as chit chat or lack of stealth or trying to be initiated more or less it's a form of tact and stealth with out having to hide and try daring stunts that we are not even sure are possible with the equipment we have. We're using cunning and tactful words to act as spies to get in and accomplish our goal. We know they must be a form of slaver if they take children. What raiders do you know kidnap? Usually they raid, kill take women and kill men and leave the elderly, sick and children behind or just take what they want and kill everything that gets in their way. Raiders typically are like bullies if you think about it."

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#312 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke says, Raiders aren't rational actors. And I don't want to be standing there trying to have a conversation with some nutjob when he sees me coming and has ample time to get his buddies lined up with guns pointed at me.

If you want to have that chat while I cover you with the hunting rifle, happy to do it.

GreyWolfVT

#313 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven "Well if we're sticking to your plan I'm not going to attempt being dropped over the wall with that copter I would prefer to keep to the ground, so we can go your route but I'll have to cover you from a nearby roof. Since you aren't keen on my plan. Lets go your route bust altered a bit."

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#314 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke says, How about we combine the two? We wait for the raiding party to depart. Then we have Deuce buzz the compound. When the left-overs come outside to check it out, the two of us snipe 'em dead. Once we clear the area, I'll run down there and Deuce will lift me over the wall. You stay up top and cover me. I'll slip in and look for the kid.

Does that sound like a plan?

GreyWolfVT

#315 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seven nods and smiles "Sounds more a fitting plan for both our styles."

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#316 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke turns to Deuce. Are you in? If so, we should test the copter and see if it can lift both of us.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#317 Post by Bluehorse »

Deuce grins. "we can have eyes on them from here. I agree. We wait for the warboys to head out and do what they do, then we scout it out and drop you off behind the wall. I'm sure my bird can hold us, but we can test it out."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#318 Post by Rukellian »

In typical raider fashion, it takes a few hours for them to get their raiding parties up and running. None of them appear to be morning people. A sizable group leaves, around 6-7 of them, and a few stay behind. You take on your respective roles and positions. The time is right.

For those that need to be stealthy, roll a d20. The higher the better.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#319 Post by Bluehorse »

Deuce

Smiling as he sees the raider party leave through his binoculars and then moves over to turn on the Gyrocopter. He makes sure his pistols are in easy reach and settles into the seat looking to his companions. "Well lads, shall we?"

[1d20] = 12
tenor.gif
tenor.gif (1.42 MiB) Viewed 1043 times

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#320 Post by sulldawga »

Zeke waits until Deuce gives the signal that the raiding party has cleared the area, then heads down to find a good sniping spot overlooking the raider compound. He obviously avoids the area where Deuce saw the ghoul.

To the extent that I need to be stealthy to accomplish the above...
[1d20] = 5 being stealthy

Return to “Anything Goes: Vol. 1 (beta run)”