1. Specularum

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: 1. Specularum

#21 Post by greyarea »

Tret narrows his eyes at Gristle. You remind me of someone too. He was halfling, not dwarf, but just as... something. Used to brag about riding a dragon or somesuch.

Soldath and me, we won't get in your way with the ladies. Mainly so you don't go blaming us when you go to bed alone.

Craigers07
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by Craigers07 »

Blercer - Thief

Blercer continues his conversation with Soldath.

"I don't know much about boats myself, but I have done business with a few people at the docks. If the words on that parchment are true, the best bet would be a chartered boat with an experiened crew.

He turns his attention to Tret.

"Riding a dragon? That would impress any lady!"

Rattler45
Runner
Runner

#23 Post by Rattler45 »

Hanequin - Cleric

I propose all of us here looking to partake in this quest, meet up first thing in the morning at the dock. Have your supplies ready and we can get started. If we can drag this bloke .... poking Gristle in the temple .... up and moving, we will be at the dock at sun up. then looking at Blercer, I look to you to round us up a boat.

I am Hanequin and these two loveable animals are Gristle and Hildebad, Hilde for short.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by greyarea »

Craigers07 wrote:Blercer - Thief
He turns his attention to Tret.

"Riding a dragon? That would impress any lady!"
Tret - thief

Considering that Yolanda of Luln just sang of "riding a dragon," I'm not sure that anyone who wants to pick up a woman would brag about that, but he was an edgy halfling, so who knows? he concludes with a wink and a smile.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by connivingsumo »

Hildebad, Dwarf
Hildebad elbows, heaves, and tosses her girth to shove anyone aside, and hastily grabs up her parchments rolling them into scrolls... "Alright then! We'll be fer packin these up and'ah keepin'em safe!" she barks as her gaze scans beyond immediate company to the rest of the towns-folk in the room.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by tumblingdice »

Luthier refills your tankards as you make preparations. "Rory Barbarosa," he says, frowning in thought. "That parchment must be over 50 years old. Barbarosa was murdered in a tavern, just before leaving port. Never made it back to the Isle of Dread, to say the least."

Gristle's attempts to charm the ladies...

DM rolls dice. Nah, he's too lazy for that.

leads nowhere. Typical.

Any other actions before turning in for the night? Great role-playing, guys. Sorry to have been out of touch. Work's been crazy with a re-carpeting and flooring project. Closed down the library for two weeks, and then had to put everything back together.
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter

Craigers07
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#27 Post by Craigers07 »

Blercer - Thief

"As long as I can accompany this fine group on the journey, finding a boat shouldn't be a problem. I'll see everyone tomorrow morning at the docks."

Blercer heads to his room to retire for the night.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by greyarea »

Tret ponders the age of the map. At fifty, it could still be accurate, but that's enough time for coastlines to erode or tribes to be wiped out. We may be headed to a place quite different than this Barbacoa left it. What else can you tell us of this dread pirate Rory, Luthier? He drains his mug, happy that Luthier remembered to give him water instead of ale, wipes his mouth with the back of his sleeve, and waits for the tender's response. If Luthier has nothing else, he will head to his room.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by spanningtree »

Soldath - Mage

Ayeee... (in an exaggerated pirate voice) fifty years old! An eternity. Have any others seen the map and gone looking for the treasure Luthier?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#30 Post by badams30 »

Gristle - Dwarf
Undeterred by his failure to charm the ladies, Gristle does his best to tickle the ears of those present with some salty dwarven limericks and tales of the time he fought a bunch of smelly hobgoblins with his old friend Sod - who armed with simply an oar stood toe to toe with Gristle and whittled the ranks of the goblinkind.

Tired from his long journey, he bids all his friends good night and looks to turn in, happy to share a room with anyone unfortunate enough to agree to such arrangements....

Rattler45
Runner
Runner

#31 Post by Rattler45 »

Hanequin is waiting to hear if Luthier has a response to Tret's question. If no response, then he will join Gristle in the room and, once again, endure the alcohol induced snoring.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#32 Post by Bloodaxe »

Syrus Once-dark

Syrus asks What manner of beasts or men are rumored to dwell in this place??

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#33 Post by connivingsumo »

Bloodaxe wrote:Syrus Once-dark

Syrus asks What manner of beasts or men are rumored to dwell in this place??
Hildebad pretends not to drop eaves on Syrus' question by busying herself with parchment rolling and fiddling with her pack... but she's dropin eaves none the less.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by tumblingdice »

Luthier thinks for a moment. "Story goes that Rory had just come back into town when he started putting together a new crew. Never left port again, though. Swindled a wizard out of a lost wager, and that was the end of him."

The barkeep wipes a few tankards dry, then turns his attention to Syrus. "No idea who, or what lives out there, aside from what that letter says. Whatever lives out there, though, is worth building a wall to keep them out, though, eh?"

Yolanda's show being done, the regulars mill around for one last pint, then stumble out into the night to stagger home.

The night passes without incident, much to everyone's disappointment. To expedite matters, let's pick up down at the docks.

Day 2, Specularum, the docks, Trader's corridor, morning

Morning comes, and with it some fog and plenty of clouds. After settling up accounts and a decent breakfast, you leave the inn for the waterfront.

Already the city is alive with vendors, fishmongers, Traladaran peasants dumping their chamber pots into the streets, and livestock braying. After this cacophony, the docks are strangely a welcome, peaceful sight.

Three ships are moored at the docks: The Prince's Pleasure, the Brazen Strumpet, and The Flying Fish. Sailors mill about all three of them, mending the rigging, loading supplies, cursing, etc.

Actions? Anyone you're looking for in particular?
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by greyarea »

So Blercer, which one of these would you recommend? You said you might be able to help with the shipping part of this little campaign of ours, nudges Tret. The sooner we set sail, the sooner we land on that island and can start finding that treasure.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#36 Post by Bloodaxe »

Syrus Once-dark

Syrus scans the ships and the crew, looking at which vessels look in good repair and if he notices anything unusual about the crews or cargo.
He whispers quietly to his companions through his great helm with a raspy sigh.....
I know naught of travel by water but we should look for reliable transport. We do not wish to be stranded on this isle or worse- robbed and cast adrift before we arrive. I leave it to you to find a trustworthy captain......
He steps back and looks on.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#37 Post by badams30 »

Gristle - Dwarf

Gristle casts a wary eye on each vessel in turn, not looking particularly impressed until his eyes fall on... "The Brazen Strumpet." He starts chortling and says "Heh heh heh...haw haw... brazen strumpet? Sounds like my kinda boat!" He snorts and giggles, pausing to take a swig from his flask.

OOC: Gristle will look over the Strumpet, aside from having no knowledge of ships or sailing, how does she (and her crew) look?

Craigers07
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#38 Post by Craigers07 »

Blercer - Thief

"We'll have to wait and see."

Blercer walks over to the sailors on the nearest ship.

"Hey, have any of you seen Alonso around here?"

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#39 Post by connivingsumo »

Hildebad, bearded lady dwarf...

Hildebad whispers to her brother, "These seadogs aren't like Dwarves... I'll go tease and if any of them jump at me and want to buy me drinks, then we know theyr been at sea too long'n aren't fresh! We wants a rested crew - fresh-n-sharp ready for danger!".

With that, Hilde primps, tightens her belt, and shoves out her chest to flaunt near the ships... all three of them.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by spanningtree »

Soldath - Mage

Soldath tags along with Blercer and Tret, trying to arrange for a ship.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Return to “The Isle of Dread (Labyrinth Lord)”