CHAPTER 4a: R&R at Hagalton

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: CHAPTER 4a: R&R at Hagalton

#41 Post by max_vale »

Frank Rock; veteran human

Frank nods at the armorer, looks at the meager remnants in his money pouch and he passes over 5 sp and 4 gp to get the 7 rounds re-loaded and to get a vial of gun-oil. "There you go, let me know when I can come back and pick 'em up. Much obliged", he nods to the man.

Moving over to Blixx, he says; "Well, I'm almost tapped out of funds. Do we still have any of the gear we picked up on our travels to sell?"

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#42 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx

Blixx hands Po 2gp and a silver and gets a pair of axes and some oil. "Hey Frank, We have roughly 33 Gold, 185 Silver, and 31 Copper. What you need, I got some also from selling my musket I found a while ago in an old ancients storehouse."

Blixx is off to the healers after he speaks with Frank, unless it's getting too dark then it's back to the boarding house to discuss supplies with his group.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton, Day 43, evening
Pulpatoon wrote:Slithering into the room, Jiminy sticks to the perimeter, oozing along the wall as much as possible. The cages have made the little shoggoth nervous—were the rats set here for a purpose? Or are they experimental specimens that have escaped? And, if so, what manner of specimen? It tries to circle the cages and as many of the crates as it can, looking for anything out of the ordinary.

Assuming all is clear, Jiminy approaches the cages, looking for any details as to their origins, or signs of more rats.

Assuming nothing drastic happens, it will then inspect the crates to see if they relate to the cages in any way.
The crates appear to be normal storage containers, in use for many seasons. Some have their lids nailed shut while others appear to be loose. A hammer and crowbar sit on a bench near the far wall.

The cages sit in the middle of the floor and are in the path of normal movement in the room. They are relatively empty, indicating that they are temporary and not a pet’s home. You do not see any additional rats or other rodents. Your sensory probe of the floor suggests the rats circled the room before moving into the room you came from.

There is nothing to indicate a connection between the cages and the crates.

---
max_vale wrote:Frank Rock; veteran human

Frank nods at the armorer, looks at the meager remnants in his money pouch and he passes over 5 sp and 4 gp to get the 7 rounds re-loaded and to get a vial of gun-oil. "There you go, let me know when I can come back and pick 'em up. Much obliged", he nods to the man.

Moving over to Blixx, he says; "Well, I'm almost tapped out of funds. Do we still have any of the gear we picked up on our travels to sell?"
Po rattles the shell casings in his hand and says, “I can have them ready by noon tomorrow.”

---
Mimdalf wrote:Blixx

Blixx is off to the healers after he speaks with Frank, unless it's getting too dark then it's back to the boarding house to discuss supplies with his group.
It would be better to visit the healers in the morning.

---

Jack and Belial join the others outside Po Ellol's place. (Arms and Armor #4)

Actions?

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Pulpatoon »

Jiminy Gurglesquelch, Model Employee
Norjax wrote: The crates appear to be normal storage containers, in use for many seasons. Some have their lids nailed shut while others appear to be loose. A hammer and crowbar sit on a bench near the far wall.

The cages sit in the middle of the floor and are in the path of normal movement in the room. They are relatively empty, indicating that they are temporary and not a pet’s home. You do not see any additional rats or other rodents. Your sensory probe of the floor suggests the rats circled the room before moving into the room you came from.

There is nothing to indicate a connection between the cages and the crates.
If Jiminy has not exhausted the possibilities for finding more rats in the area, he will continue looking for them, quitting the room if necessary.

If Jiminy feels confident that he has caught all the rats presently in the building, he will puddle in the room for awhile in a deep funk, disappointed that it yielded so small a number. Eyeing the crates, he will remind himself that he was hired to catch rats, not look through the items stored here. Not even the crates that are already open. Not even one right nearby, where it clearly wouldn't hurt anyone, and the lid could be so easily replaced and no one would ever notice. Because it's not like he'd touch anything. Or, ever even dream of taking anything.

But.

What if rats are hiding in the crate? Why, it'd be his professional duty to inspect them.

Jiminy leaves the nailed-shut crates alone, but begins prying open any loose lids and inspecting the contents.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#45 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack tells the others the same information the Bartender informed him of "The Bartender Gunas Pell, informed me that items from the Zone sell well here if we go locate Den Lo-Chis he's the one buying up items brought from the gam'A zone. If you haven't sold the items we salvaged from there we should go find Den Lo-Chis. He pays well I was told."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Norjax »

Pulpatoon wrote:Jiminy Gurglesquelch, Model Employee

Jiminy leaves the nailed-shut crates alone, but begins prying open any loose lids and inspecting the contents.
Three of the crates have loose lids. They hold clay, glass, synteen (plastic) & metal containers sealed with a layer of leather and wax. Inside the clear and translucent containers you see berries, nuts and spices from distant lands.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Pulpatoon »

Jiminy drools and sputters and chatters to itself in indecision over the tempting morsels. With so few rats about, the place pretty much owes him a few extra treats, don't they?

But then it remembers that crates have manifests, and that folks can be pretty persnickety about their notions of property and theft.

The young gibbering mouther replaces the crate lids and slithers out of the room. It makes one last circuit, looking for rats, and then finds a quiet depression in the floor where it can puddle up and sleep for a bit.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton, Day 43-44, evening-morning

Jiminy settles in for the rest of the night, hoping to bag more rats. Morning arrives without any additional rodents entering the building.

---

Jack reunites with the others and tells them about the Specialty Merchant, Den Lo-Chis, who has information on prospecting the Gam’A Zone.

You spend the night at the Boarding House and wake in the morning, fresh to start a new day.

Actions?

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Pulpatoon »

Jiminy reports his disappointment with the quantity of rats afforded by the Storage to the snakmonn. He collects his 7 pennies, and goes to find his new pals.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Urson »

Dudes. I found a righteous fella who's gonna buy the puke bomb- I gotta go meet-and-greet.

Belial knuckle-walks away, having returned Jiminy's bag.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#51 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack "And as I mentioned there is a good prospect for a buyer of anything we salvaged from the GamA' Zone might even offer us more money to return and salvage more stuff to sell him. Could be good business in that."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#52 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx

Blixx after a quick breakfast Blixx asks if anyone would like to take our funds to get supplies for our journey. Blixx will then head to the healers to see if he can find a cure for this awful ailment he has been suffering with and maybe some healing poultices or droughts that might aid us in the future.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Namárië

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton, Day 44 Morning

The snakemonn proprietor hands over the 7cp to Jiminy and states, “I knows of others who coulds use your services. Shall I inquires with thems?” He flicks his tongue in and out, tasting the odors of the air.

---

Jack tells Belial about Den Lo-Chis and his potential interest in the puke bomb. Belial then goes to meet Jiminy at the Foodstuff Provisions and returns his bag.

---

Blixx heads to the healers (area 56) in search of a cure for his tetanus. He is directed to a man who’s mutilated body is covered mostly by rags and animal hides.

Healer

He does not appear to have any eyes, yet his face points towards Blixx when he addresses him. “Your affliction will soon pass, there is nothing I can do for you now,” he says. The haggard man goes into his hovel and then returns with a small sack. “These mushrooms will absorb and pass infections out of your body. They must be taken within minutes of contracting the disease. They are available for 25gp for a single dose.”

---

Luke and Oor-zak volunteer to accompany Bruze as personal bodyguards after discovering that Lantica can be dangerous for mutants. Bruze carries with him hallowed scriptures of Bhatt Mhann, encapsulated in the solidified, transparent slime of the polmur worm. These scriptures, written in the ancient text of Ongish, are sought-after artifacts from the Gam’A Zone. The Church will pay coin for any scriptures that are recovered from the Zone.

---

Actions?

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Urson »

Belial returns to the specialty merchant who "knows a guy," ready to do business. He knuckle-walks along, greeting strangers. Dude... Dudette!
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#55 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx

Blixx "Thank You, wise one, would you take 40gp for 2 doses of these magic mushrooms?" Blixx asks hopefully...

Namárië

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Norjax »

Blixx "Thank You, wise one, would you take 40gp for 2 doses of these magic mushrooms?" Blixx asks hopefully...
Roll 1d20+1 for a Charisma check. I’ll say this is Medium Difficulty Class edging towards Hard. You must roll a 17 or greater to persuade him.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Pulpatoon »

Jiminy burbles, squeaks and gibbers with joy to see his recent acquaintances again. "Ghood mmmmmmorninginging, guysh! Did you have a good nightsh schleep? Do you think we'll schtick around for another day? Becaushe it looksh like theresh more rat-work for me, if we're gnnnnnh not heading out."

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#58 Post by Mimdalf »

Norjax wrote:
Roll 1d20+1 for a Charisma check. I’ll say this is Medium Difficulty Class edging towards Hard. You must roll a 17 or greater to persuade him.

[1d20+1] = 20+1 = 21
waoh, that never happens lol

Namárië

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton, Day 44 Morning

The healer (56) looks at Blixx and say, “Alright, 40gp it is.” He hands over the bag and hesitates to release it. “I have a favor to ask,” he adds. “There might be some mushrooms inside the Zone that I can use for potions.” His other hand passes a leather scroll to Blixx. “I have described the fungi on this scroll and what I am willing to pay for them. I will buy all that you can recover. Do we have an arrangement?”

---

Frank returns to Po Ellol (4) and receives his 7 reloaded rounds of pigmonn rifle ammunition.

---

Belial returns to Dhe Tema, one of the Specialty Merchants (8). He has a guest with him who identifies himself as Karps Ennis. Karps is a mutant human with fish lips and dual puplils. He has a nose, but no nostrils. He breaths through two flaps on both sides of his neck. His skin is a sickly yellow with green, random splotches.

“Gla-glad to meet you,” Karps says to Belial in a nervous, quick-paced tone. “Wha-at do you have for me t-to see?” Belial hands him one of the containers with yellow liquid and he opens it to take a sniff. Reeling away from the odor, Karps responds, “This smells like-like organic-c vomit! V-very powerful, bu-but useful to someone. I-I’ll give you 40gp for each co-container.”

---

Jiminy waits for the others to answer his questions.

---

Jack stands perplexed that Belial showed no interest in Den Lo-Chis.

---

Bart tends to the sole Drot Swyne while the others take care of various business.

---

Actions?

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#60 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx in Hagalton

Blixx accepts the mushrooms gladly and examines the scroll. "This is just what I was looking for, employment!, I would gladly seek out these mushrooms for you kind Sir."
Blixx will tuck the scroll safely away and head to the boarding house to see if he can enlist any of his friends into acquiring some supplies for our journey.

Namárië

Return to “Archive”