Temple Action thread

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Temple Action thread

#1 Post by Distorted Humor »

the path is old and overgrown, but only about seven miles. The Temple was once fine, it is approx 100x150. There is a 12 foot wall surrounding it, it used to be higher by the piles of rubble around it. the entrance is to the center of the south wall. The woods have encroached in so they are only 30 feet away from the wall.

Jester
Strider
Strider

Re: Temple Action thread

#2 Post by Jester »

As we approach Sjorvuld will suggest, "We should scout the walls, inside and outside, to make sure there's nothing to attack us on the way in or out of that place".

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Distorted Humor »

Jester wrote:As we approach Sjorvuld will suggest, "We should scout the walls, inside and outside, to make sure there's nothing to attack us on the way in or out of that place".
The rocks seem ALMOST steady. You could most likely climb up or down, but you would hate to walk on the wall as the rocks are very loose. You can see that there is a internal building that is still roofed inside the compound.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by max_vale »

Upon seeing the ruins; Beya finds herself having a strange combination of feeling both excited and afraid. Without really realizing she's doing it; she takes out a Dagger from her bandoleer and starts flipping it while studying the walls and nearby woods. In her mind, she starts reviewing over all of the books and scrolls she's read; trying to remember if she knows anything of this place or of temples of its ilk....

OOC: I chose "well-read" as one of Beya's hobby/skills....would she know anything about this place or similiar Temples?

Delazar
Runner
Runner

#5 Post by Delazar »

Jester wrote:As we approach Sjorvuld will suggest, "We should scout the walls, inside and outside, to make sure there's nothing to attack us on the way in or out of that place".
Felgorain's gaze was fixed on the ruins, a mix of expectation and thrill. "A wise suggestion" he exclaimed.

"But I suggest we stay together"
Delazar

JobaTett
Scout
Scout

#6 Post by JobaTett »

"I think I should search for traps at the entrance while the other look around and make sure no monsters surprise us."

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by Distorted Humor »

Jobett - you see a couple of columns have fallen in a courtyard, you can see a statue in the middle of the courtyard, you cannot see the bottom due to a column being in the way. You do not find any traps. However you do see tracks leading into the temple complex.

What you see

Rolled a 20 on a knowledge check for Beya so....

you remember reading that there was a "Order of the golden Fountain" that would be in this area. There was some sort of dispute, and the temple was ruined. The Baron who had the feud with the temple (about taxes) died in odd conditions, and his family is now extinct, thought to have been cursed by his greed.

The check around the temple shows that most of the forest is 50 feet away from the temple walls. some trees are now only 30 feet away. You hear birds and the usual wildlife, and find no tracks.

JobaTett
Scout
Scout

#8 Post by JobaTett »

"Everyone, over here, I found no traps, but I think I see a way inside."

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by max_vale »

Beya found herself staring at the ruins as her mind wandered back over the many tomes, scrolls and books she had read. Upon hearing Husker's voice mentioning a way inside; it broke Beya out of her trance and she moved over to the others.

"I don't know if it means anything fellas; but I seem to remember reading about a Temple that used to be in this area....maybe this is the place. Anyway, it was a Temple of the "Order of the golden Fountain" and there was some kind of dispute between a local Baron and the Temple over taxes and the Temple became ruined; but the Baron died under strange circumstances and his family is now all gone; rumored to have been cursed due to his greed."

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#10 Post by Vargr1105 »

Coenbeorht

"Lead the way, then" the halfling readies his shield and ax.

JobaTett
Scout
Scout

#11 Post by JobaTett »

Vargr1105 wrote:Coenbeorht

"Lead the way, then" the halfling readies his shield and ax.
"As much as I want to get down, I think one of the fizzighters better lead the way!" Husker motions to one of the Fighters to go ahead.

((bty, it's the most unique personality I've ever made for a character. Plus, he also has an adventuring motive 'sticking it to the man'))

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by Distorted Humor »

As the party gets closer, they see that there is a man laying on the ground, with a broken sword in hand. It is on the ground about five feet from the Statue.

(Note, the gate that you entered is in the SOUTH, so the map is reversed from its usual North points upwards)

Rubble North, East and West, and a opening in the North East. The actual temple is to the North.

The Statue is of a Bull Headed man carrying a two handed Ax. you are about 20 feet away from the statue and 15 feet from the fallen man.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by Vargr1105 »

Coenbeorht

"Ah! Seems like we were not the only ones with thoughts of exploring these ruins...I wonder if that bloke is still living; I'd say he's been in a fight."

The halfling cautiously moves forward towards the fallen man, with the intent of checking his status.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by Distorted Humor »

Vargr1105 wrote:Coenbeorht

"Ah! Seems like we were not the only ones with thoughts of exploring these ruins...I wonder if that bloke is still living; I'd say he's been in a fight."

The halfling cautiously moves forward towards the fallen man, with the intent of checking his status.
you are 10 feet away from the man when you see two key facts.

A) He quite dead.

B) he has a large gash in his chest. That is what most likely killed him.

Jester
Strider
Strider

#15 Post by Jester »

Sjorvuld will approch the dead body with the intent to search it. While getting closer to the body he will look around to see if there are any traps or indication of what may have made the slash mark on the man's chest.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by Distorted Humor »

Jester wrote:Sjorvuld will approch the dead body with the intent to search it. While getting closer to the body he will look around to see if there are any traps or indication of what may have made the slash mark on the man's chest.

Roll a D6 and tell me how you search the body.

JobaTett
Scout
Scout

#17 Post by JobaTett »

Husker follows Sjorvuld from about 2 feet behind

Jester
Strider
Strider

#18 Post by Jester »

[1d6] = 5

Sjorvuld is moving forward in a slight crouch behind his shield to protect his face and upper body. While advancing he's looking at the ground in front of him intently, When closer to the body and sure there are no trip-lines, or oddly placed steel bear traps, he will start looking at what exactly is in the temple opening. Any strange or out of place mechanical devices, especially ones that are attached to big cutting blades, are the kind of thing he is looking out for. Once the visual survey is complete he will take his club and while still crouched behind the shield probe the body a bit and see if there is any kind of trap attached to it.

If there are no traps visible and all seems well, he will stoop over the body and pat it down looking for clues and valuables. Should there be nothing of value on the man Sjorvuld will heft the man up and throw him into the opening of the temple to see if the body might trip any unseen/undetected traps in the area.

Once all of this cautious searching and testing has been completed will he consider starting to move towards the opening of the temple.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by max_vale »

The whole current situation didn't sit well with Beya; something in the many stories and songs she had read over the years seemed to be nagging the back of her mind as she continued to absent-mindedly flip the dagger deftly in her hand. Looking at the gash in the corpse's chest; she studided the axe held by the bull-headed statue intently; from a distance of about 10 feet away; wondering if perhaps that had been the weapon that had done in the would-be adventurer...

JobaTett
Scout
Scout

#20 Post by JobaTett »

After the body is searched, Husker will search for traps in here

Return to “Empire of the Dragon Throne [BECMI/RC]”