Chapter #1: Introduction to Adventure One: Flick of the Tail

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter #1: Introduction to Adventure One: Flick of the

#141 Post by Cwreando »

"The fates are fickle for sure. Let's see what light this staff might shine upon before we head into possible danger", suggest Abrex.

Abrex looks about for clues as they wait for the staff to show more.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by Dram »

Anuzal - FOllows the others back to the windows and back across the cistern to the tube. I do not wish to enter that stench unless we absolutely have to.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#143 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

I agree with Anuzal. I would prefer not to get into that water if at all possible. I do not mind getting wet if the water is clean, but this looks like we may be wading through disease if we enter this foul liquid.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

Her expensive clothing already neatly tucked away in her pack again she turns her nose up. "There is no way I am getting in that. Unless one of you can walk on water, we might want to just press on."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#145 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Through the Boiler

Deciding it is not wise to go through the gross looking likely disease ridden black waters the group moves forward through the boiler and the tubing goes for another 10 feet, then the narrow tunnel from the boiler opens into a pool lined with ceramic, heat retaining tiles, arranged in hexagonal patterns. The pool is otherwise similar to the cool pool you exited back in the room with the centipedes and the window you climbed out.

Three tiers of benches climb the walls of this short chamber, covered with thick dust. The walls, floor, and ceiling are covered with ceramic tiles that give the chamber a dark, heavy feeling. The air is stale and smells faintly of decay. Looking around you noticed that the tiles near the pool are already wet and a moist trail can be clearly seen leading back and forth from the room’s only exit. Listening for a moment you all can even hear humming or crooning coming from somewhere on the other side of the exit.

Actions?
hot bath.jpg
hot bath.jpg (7.34 KiB) Viewed 566 times
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by Storm11 »

The little sha'ir will illuminate the place over the moist tiles. Is it a trail of sorts does he think. If so Jamal will point it out to the others and follow it along. Is it one long trail like that of a fish or two like that left by some two legged footprints. Or more?
Greys Campaign.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#147 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex gets the others attention quietly and motions with his finger to his lips in a signal to be quiet. He signals that he hears something and points to the exit.

He thinks and grins, "Ah fate you silly mistress. The irony he is trying to have the others be quiet and he's one of the noisiest of the bunch is not lost. No time to waste though."

He lets everybody get situated and signals he's ready to move through the exit to follow the trail.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT

#148 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Footprints and Conclusions

The prints appear to be made by something bipedal and appear to go back and forth to and from the same area you are all coming into the room from. Something has been making multiple trips in and out of this area of the old bath house for sure. So aside from the area the merchant is using the bricked off areas of the old bath house appear to be inhabited by something or some one else.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by Storm11 »

"I believe either I or the tall Flame sha'ir could try and make one of us invisible potentially. There are no guarantees however and it will take a while, maybe even an hour or so. Otherwise we should maybe be cautious about how we proceed. We are not alone here. It looks like the genie fish might be in someone else's possession now!" Jamal says nervously.
Greys Campaign.

Scott308

#150 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

Turning someone invisible is a spell I can send Jafar to find for me. However, as Jamal said, there is no guarantee he will be successful. Also, it will take him some time to find it. Before he is able to do that, however, he will need to return with the last spell I sent him to retrieve.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad moves out of the tight tunnel from the boiler and into the open bath house as much as possible. Hands on the hilt of his great sword he looks eagerly for an enemy to smite.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#152 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb shakes off again, spraying water everywhere. "WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" Dubb shakes his head to dislodge the water in his ears.

"Ah. That's better. What were you saying? Something about waiting?"
"Ah, for gods sakes. I'm not getting any younger waiting around.
Wait. Do you hear singing?!"

Dubb starts dipping his shoulders and in no time is dancing to the quiet tune. "Ah, haven't heard that song for years!"

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by max_vale »

Rahkeem ibn Hamad al-Qudra

Rahkeem, with cutlass and dirk in hand cringes at Dubb's loud call and he gives a sigh of exasperation…."Well, I suppose that rather negates the point of stealth…."

With that, the corsair will whisper to the Sha'irs and other spell-slingers and will say; "See what you can do about finding magic to hide or conceal yourselves, I'll go with our loud friend here"; with a head nod towards Dubb; "-and see if we can resolve things peacefully".

With that he looks at the Dwarf and says;"Well, Dubb; let's pay our respects shall we?", and he quietly moves to the edge of the exit and calls out; "Hello? My friend and I are sorry to disturb you, but we seem to have lost something and were just trying to find it".

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by Dram »

Anuzal

Follows Rahkeems orders and starts to move quietly. Then the rumble from Dubbs shaking his gear dry. He moves to the edge of the doorway.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

GreyWolfVT

#155 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Middle Room
Walking into the next room there are three tiers of benches rise along the walls covered with mounds and heaps of white bones. Although the overall effect is quite ghastly, a close inspection of the bones reveals that none are human, belonging to small animals instead: dogs, cats, rodents, even a young mule. The western arched exit has been walled shut. The humming mentioned in the hot pool room comes from the southern exit.
hot bath and middle room.jpg
hot bath and middle room.jpg (20.34 KiB) Viewed 546 times

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad hangs back to examine the pool (in 13) as the others clear out through the hallway south.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Still dancing and humming along to the tune, Dubb moves towards the south and the source of the music.
"Wait. This tune. It's usually sung in a major key. Why mix it up?" Dubb shrugs, and continues on.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma Springdawning

Walks over the the southern entrance and examines the brickwork. Is it old or recent? Are there gaps where one might be able to peer through? Anything else of interest on or near the entrance?

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#159 Post by Dram »

Anuzal- Moves quietly along the wall. Growing up along the edge of a river recognizes what possibly may have left the pile of bones.People with all the evidence I have seen we may be tracking a very large Serpent. Be aware.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Scott308

#160 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

A serpent? Hardly. Serpents digest their prey, bones and all. They may excrete a matting of undigested fur, but not always. Bones? You'll never see them. No, this looks like some other predator, the sha'ir replies in a low voice. He will examine some of the bones. Do they appear to have any markings, like where an animal had gnawed on them, or tool marks that might indicate using a knife or axe, perhaps? Are the bones intact, or are the long bones broken to get at the marrow?

Return to “Archive”