Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Prologue (2)

#1 Post by Omega1143 »

Prologue 1.2 (Adventuring)
579 CY, Goodmonth 10 (11:25pm)
40h/28l, 5mph

Gandrel continues for a bit sifting through the rubbish. Finding coins scattered all about he begins to pile them in the corner of the room to assess what he has found. There is one point he holds up an ivory box the size of a large book to examine it. He then places it next to the piles of coins.

Experience points have now been calculated and applied on the appropriate thread.

HP: Castian - 2/2 ; Ausus - 0/3 ; Quoros - 3/4 ; Karalquint - 0/3 ; Gandrel - 4/4
WIH: Castian – Quarterstaff/Torch ; Ausus – N/A/N/A ; Quoros – Club/N/A ; Karalquint – N/A/N/A ; Gandrel – L.Sword/N/A
MO: Co,G,Q,A,C,K 5'
Consumables: Torch – .50 hour
Spells: Castian - 1: 0/1 Sleepx1 ; Quoros - 1: 1/3 CLWx3 ; Gandrel - 1: 1/1 Color Sprayx1

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Prologue (2)

#2 Post by Alethan »

Quoros walks over and picks up his mace and attaches it to his belt.

Then he sits down on the ground next to Ausus and lets out a deep breath.

"Bloody hell..."

After he catches his breath, he looks to see what Gandrel is doing.

"What'd ya find there, Gan?"
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#3 Post by Omega1143 »

40h/28l, 5mph

Gandrel looks to be done sifting through the room. He stands over his finds and indicates to the party members present in the tower that he found a total of:

71cp
38sp
Ivory Box (Large book size and empty)

Quoros is retrieving his shield I presume and readying it?

HP: Castian - 2/2 ; Ausus - 0/3 ; Quoros - 3/4 ; Karalquint - 0/3 ; Gandrel - 4/4
WIH: Castian – Quarterstaff/Torch ; Ausus – N/A/N/A ; Quoros – Club/N/A ; Karalquint – N/A/N/A ; Gandrel – L.Sword/N/A
Spells: Castian - 1: 0/1 Sleepx1 ; Quoros - 1: 1/3 CLWx3 ; Gandrel - 1: 1/1 Color Sprayx1

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#4 Post by Alethan »

Yep, sorry, retrieves his shield and his mace.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#5 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Then he sits down on the ground next to Ausus and lets out a deep breath.

"Bloody hell..."
Castien, eager to catch his breath as well, joins Ausus and Quoros. He sighs. "That was a nasty beast." He considers the current health of the party and speaks quietly to his seated companions: "I don't know about you two, but I'm of the opinion that we should head back to the Inn. You two, plus Karl, no doubt could use some time to heal. Cole, and whatever his secret objective is, will just have to wait. Agreed?"
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#6 Post by Alethan »

Quoros nods.

"I was thinking about the same thing, though it seems rather daft that a few frogs and a spider would do us in so quickly..."

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by Omega1143 »

40h/28l, 5mph

I'm not sure if Castien was referring to Ausus as one of the two he was talking to but he is unconscious. Do we have a mad mage on our hands? ;)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#8 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:"I was thinking about the same thing, though it seems rather daft that a few frogs and a spider would do us in so quickly..."
"Now, apparently, it is my turn to be thinking the same thing as you. Still, it doesn't change our current status." Castien pauses briefly before continuing. "I can be the one to break the news to Cole, if you'd like. I suspect he has a low opinion of me already with my being a spell caster." He thinks for a moment: "Perhaps we could sell him on the fact that the group needs an extra sword or two? He might not disagree. If we did want to find another willing adventurer, I don't imagine it would be too difficult. If not, we won't have to look that hard and maybe we won't find one." he finishes with a wink.

ooc: I was thinking Quoros was able to being Ausus back to consciousness. I just went back and read that he was only brought back to 0 HP, but he is not conscious yet. Perhaps I am controlling a mad mage after all?

Castien, his breathing coming to him more easily now, rises. "Clearly, with two unconscious party members, we're in no shape to continue." Castien says aloud. "Who will help me get Ausus and Karl back to the Inn?"
-- Project --
-- DM --

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#9 Post by Omega1143 »

579 CY, Goodmonth 10 (11:26pm)
40h/28l, 5mph

"Not a chance we head back now.." Cole storms in the room addressing the party as he fleetly walks over to a downed Ausus. Cole tilts the warrior's head at an angle and studies the neck wound that was sustained. Apparently he overheard your conversation.

"I am to close to my objective and I will lose valuable time if we leave," he continues, still concerned with Ausus' infliction. "Besides...," Cole states, "your friends are none the better for the poison that is traveling through them as we speak."

Cole shakes a ceramic brown vial he had in his fingers and flips the cork to the ground. Opening Ausus' mouth he pours it's contents down his throat and then tucks the vial back into his pack.

"The Order would frown harshly if they knew the circumstances under which that was being used...,"
he softly mumbles to himself.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#10 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote:"Not a chance we head back now.." Cole storms in the room addressing the party as he fleetly walks over to a downed Ausus.
Castien turns to face Cole, but does not approach him. "Is that right?" Castien asks deliberately, trying to equal Cole's tone, but fearing he failed miserably. He's not sure how casual he was able to make it appear, but he grips his quarterstaff more tightly, preparing to bring it up in defense if necessary. "How, exactly, do you propose we continue? Ausus and Karl are unconscious, probably poisoned. What, do we just prop them up in the tower and us survivors press on?"
-- Project --
-- DM --

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by Omega1143 »

40h/28l, 5mph

Cole smiles wide like a proud father as he turns toward Castien.

"Where did that come from?" he says in his deep normal voice. "Just looking at you you come off as a meek and miserable individual coupled with the fact that you are a young magi..."

"But then," the warrior continues, "You easily turn the tide back there in the bog with a flick of your tongue. You crack the backbone of an arachnid that gave two stout fighters the worst end of it...and NOW..." he pauses.

"You stand before a Knight of the Emerald Order in utter defiance with little visible fear."

"I am truly impressed with your intentions but honestly depressed by your confidence,"
he follows up. You catch no sarcasm to his statements. He seems very sincere.

Cole then sighs and leans his shield against the wall as he instructs Gandrel to drag Karl into the tower. Gandrel exits the room.

Removing his gloves, the knight places his hands against his face and wipes the sweat and grime off.

"Castien.." he starts again. "We will rest here in this tower until night fades away."

"Now help make the fallen comfortable while Quoros and I clear the floor. Once we are settled in I will explain everything....that much you all have earned with your blood."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#12 Post by Alethan »

Quoros beams at Castien as he stands up, suddenly filled with at least enough energy to clear the floor of dead spider and large rubble to make room for the rest of the party.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#13 Post by dmw71 »

As he did previously with his nerves, Castien does his best to conceal his relief. He takes a moment to consider Cole's words. While he doesn't like the idea of spending the night in the moathouse, especially in the same room that once housed the largest arachnid he's ever seen, he quickly decides that to defy Cole further would probably be a mistake.

Without word, Castien approaches the unmoving body of Ausus and, while at times his efforts are visibly awkward, he manages to drag him carefully into the tower. The sight of the fallen spider sends a chill down his spine. Let's hope there aren't any more of those in here, he thinks to himself. He carefully removes his cloak and begins to meticulously fold it, eventually resulting in his best recreation of a pillow, upon which he rests Ausus' head.

Castien remains in the tower, sitting at Ausus' side.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#14 Post by Omega1143 »

579 CY, Goodmonth 10 (11:26pm)
40h/28l, 5mph

Gandrel returns to the tower with Karl and lays him next to Ausus.

Cole assists Quoros as they both drag the spider out of the tower.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by Nuke66 »

Karl lays, visibly shaking under the effects of the poison, flushed red, you can tell he has a sever fever as a result.

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#16 Post by Omega1143 »

579 CY, Goodmonth 10 (11:27pm)
40h/28l, 5mph

A few quick minutes go by with the dwarf and Cole gone. The silence of the tower is shattered by a loud dwarven grunt from the direction of the drawbridge.

Gandrel leaps to his feet from counting coin, sheathes his sword and readies his bow as he slides through the entryway and out of sight toward the courtyard area.

WIH: Castian – Quarterstaff/Torch ; Ausus – N/A/N/A ; Quoros – Mace/M. Shield ; Karalquint – N/A/N/A ; Gandrel – L.Sword/N/A

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#17 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote:The silence of the tower is shattered by a loud dwarven grunt from the direction of the drawbridge.
Startled, "What now?" Castien wonders aloud. "I'll be right back," he says to still unconscious Ausus as he quickly collects his quarterstaff and dashes for the courtyard.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#18 Post by Omega1143 »

579 CY, Goodmonth 10 (11:28pm)
40h/28l, 5mph

Entering the courtyard, Castien glances to his right and hoists the torch out in front of him for a better look at the direction of the disturbance. Just outside the portcullis of the gate is Quoros lying on his back with a giant insect (3' diameter) on top of his left thigh. Cole is readying his sword for an attempted strike on the creature. Gandrel is notching an arrow from the courtyard and taking aim.

"It better count rogue...,"
Cole screams, "he's attached to the dwarf!"

Gandrel hesitates...

Roll initiative everyone.

WIH: Castian – Quarterstaff/Torch ; Ausus – N/A/N/A ; Quoros – Mace/M. Shield ; Karalquint – N/A/N/A ; Gandrel – L.Sword/N/A

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#19 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote:Entering the courtyard, Castien glances to his right and hoists the torch out in front of him for a better look at the direction of the disturbance. Just outside the portcullis of the gate is Quoros lying on his back with a giant insect (3' diameter) on top of his left thigh.
Initiative | No Spell: [1d10] = 6

Castien rushes to the scene, careful to stay out of Gandrel's line of fire, providing Cole with a source of light. If possible this round, he will also attempt to jab at insect taking up residence on Quoros' leg. ooc: If an attack is possible, let me know and I will make my rolls.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#20 Post by Omega1143 »

579 CY, Goodmonth 10 (11:28pm)
40h/28l, 5mph

Initiative is as follows: Cole, Gandrel, Castien, Tick

"Use the torch, mage!," Cole instructs above the scramble. Gandrel nods still keeping his arrow trained on the insect.

Both characters defer. Castien is on the clock.

WIH: Castian – Quarterstaff/Torch ; Ausus – N/A/N/A ; Quoros – Mace/M. Shield ; Karalquint – N/A/N/A ; Gandrel – Bow/Bow

Return to “Tavern Tales”