Chapter 13 - Azurpenia's Prison

AleBelly
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 13 - Azurpenia's Prison

#61 Post by tkrexx »

Hyde points to the shiny room. Yeahh, I don't like snakes much anyway, no.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#62 Post by enn.in.me »

Yenny - "Huh? Oh, sure. The other room. Yeah. That's okay too. Dies forth. Hmm."

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion looks around, but comes up with nothing to help her solve the riddle. She agrees with the others to look at alternatives first.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by ybn1197 »

Far from wanting to be the first or the fourth through the mosaic, Watts is fine following along with whatever the group decides upon.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by AleBelly »

Rolls dice

The party continues to debate their next direction. Left or right? All seem to want to avoid the mosaic room.

Those with a keen eye will see that the blue winged lady has been studying them as she lurks in the shadows. To others, her voice suprises them, having nearly forgotten she was there. "A capable air you have about you" she smiles. "Whichever way you go, I will expect a statue from you - in pristine condition mind you - upon your return. The aesthetics and novelty of the piece will determine your reward, my friends."

She adds "And darlings, I don't handle disappointment well. I must admit to a bit of a temper" she smiles sweetly.

Date: 16 Culling, Year 42
Time: 17:48
Conditions: 54F, calm, room is dim and shadowy, illuminated by some ethereal light
Known Spells in Effect: None
Light bearers: sun
Intended Direction of Travel:
Injury Status: None

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Zhym »

Angus gives the woman a sour look. "How about you explain why you're acting like we work for you?" he asks.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Keehnelf »

"Has it occurred to anyone," Sagthistle wonders aloud, "that this blue lady might be the witch that's been imprisoned, and she wants statues because they're the key to unlocking it?" She shrugs. "I'm just wondering."

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by AleBelly »

Zhym wrote:Angus gives the woman a sour look. "How about you explain why you're acting like we work for you?" he asks.
Crucem smiles thinly. "You are not under my thumb, dears. Though that would be the natural order of things. No, our relationship must be one of mutual benefit. I have a job to do DM note - she has previously indicated to Chet and Tempus that she will not divulge this job. One that obligates me to enter. But upon entering, I destroy. And if I destroy, I retrieve non of the treasures that lie within. Some of the scoundrels that are held fast within will die. But others will roam free in your world. And this would vex you greatly."
Keehnelf wrote:"Has it occurred to anyone," Sagthistle wonders aloud, "that this blue lady might be the witch that's been imprisoned, and she wants statues because they're the key to unlocking it?" She shrugs. "I'm just wondering."
Sagthistle's innuendo is not well received. "WITCH?!" cries the blue lady, thick tendrils of green vapor emanating from her nostrils. "You call me the WITCH imprisoned here?!" She strides over to the female dwarf, looking directly down at her. She doubles Sagthistle's height. Her voice is calmer now. "I may leave anytime I wish. I do not associate with those that dwell within."

She strides up the stairs, and out of view, and quickly returns. "I assure you, my dears, if Azurpenia could do such a thing, your world would be burning. Dark. A terrible place."

CAI4
Ranger
Ranger

#69 Post by CAI4 »

Chet's eyes grow wide as Sagthistle raises Lady Crucem's ire. Shut up! he mouths to her.

The monk sees that the party wishes to enter the room with the silver floor. He draws his crossbow and looks to fire it at the light within, but he can't see the source itself. Very strange.

He nods to the others. "Let's go."

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by AleBelly »

Looks like majority favors going into the room to the left with the silvery tiles. I'll update late tonight unless I hear otherwise.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by tkrexx »

AAAA! Hyde gasps as the blue Woman stride toward the party. He does NOT want to fight her.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by AleBelly »

The party prepares to enter the room with silver tiles. Goranth thinks this is more than he signed up for, and elects to stay with the blue lady, who plans to usher him up and out of the stairs. Fidget76 is going to sit this out. He may return...

As they peer in, they spy a wooden door, reinforced by metal, in the west wall and a 30' wide opening into another room to the north. From the north, they hear soft moaning, but can't make out any real shapes from this distance.

Locking until we resolve the discussion in OOC...

Date: 16 Culling, Year 42
Time: 17:50
Conditions: 54F, calm, room is dim and shadowy, illuminated by some ethereal light
Known Spells in Effect: None
Light bearers: Revolving light source in ceiling
Intended Direction of Travel:
Injury Status: None

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Zhym »

Can I work in a non-room action?

"So, if we come back with arms full of trinkets and ain't keen on selling you any, you just going to let us go on our merry?" Angus asks the woman. "And by the by, I don't reckon you'd give us any useful information about these here rooms? You must have seen some folk come this way and go into each of the rooms. Any of 'em get killed in that room to the north? What's the deal with the lights in the room over that way?"

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by AleBelly »

"I have no right to items you find, darling. But I am a voracious collector, and I have deep pockets. I am a curator, not a common robber. But what use would you have for a statue, anyway?"

A look around the room shows no evidence of her wealth or any amassed collection, though the pristine white walls and ceiling are heavily shadowed in places.

"As for any help...I've arrived not long ago, so I can offer little. And besides, it would be rude of me to rob you of the thrill of discovery! I've not seen any of the wanderers of these halls enter the mosaic room. It could be quite a spectacle!"

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Keehnelf »

Sagthistle murmurs, "I dunno, whether she's the witch or not, something rubs me a bit wrong about this one." She shrugs again, and follows where the more experienced will lead.

CAI4
Ranger
Ranger

#76 Post by CAI4 »

Chet takes this as a sign to lead. "Hey, now, I've never been in that room" he says, jerking his thumb over his shoulder, pointing at the room with the silver-tiled floor. "And I think this place is dangerous. I'm going to go where I know how to take care of things" he continues, and with a swirl of his green-rimmed blue robe, heads east through the arch into the room with the jumbled stairs.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#77 Post by enn.in.me »

"I kind of like her. Blue--that's fun, and not bothered by guff. I imagine we'll be seeing you, Yenny says with a smile as she jogs after Chet. "I thought you wanted to see something new, Chet."

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Keehnelf »

Sagthistle follows along behind Yenny.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion follows along in her place, wondering what could possibly make the blue woman use that shade of mascara with her natural tones.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”