First Expedition - The Caves of Chaos

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: First Expedition - The Caves of Chaos

#41 Post by badams30 »

Brother Henry - Human Cleric

Henry, wide-eyed, crouches down with his shield up, he'll let them do whatever, then he'll attack one when they are in range.

"Lardo! Be careful!"

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#42 Post by Spartakos »

Henry, 2 things:
1.) I assume you are taking cover (-4 to their attacks), but still maintaining your view of them. Correct?
2.) They do not appear to be advancing; they are currently about 20' away, on the far side of the pit, and are hurling javelins.
Wanted to mention this, because if you and Littbarsky are waiting for them to close to melee, you may be waiting a while at their current rate of advance.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Zhym »

BTW, I'm assuming that Ampersand Mxyzptlk Kerfuffle Humperdink Wongdoodle Biddleshaft the Third can't take a real action until he sees what's going on or someone appraises him of the situation.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#44 Post by badams30 »

Spartakos wrote:Henry, 2 things:
1.) I assume you are taking cover (-4 to their attacks), but still maintaining your view of them. Correct?
2.) They do not appear to be advancing; they are currently about 20' away, on the far side of the pit, and are hurling javelins.
Wanted to mention this, because if you and Littbarsky are waiting for them to close to melee, you may be waiting a while at their current rate of advance.
1. YES.
2. Henry will keep an eye on Littbarsky. Not wanting anyone to go it alone, if he closes for melee, he'll accompany him.

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#45 Post by Spartakos »

Zhym wrote:BTW, I'm assuming that Ampersand Mxyzptlk Kerfuffle Humperdink Wongdoodle Biddleshaft the Third can't take a real action until he sees what's going on or someone appraises him of the situation.
You can take any action that seems reasonable to your character, based on what he knows/observes.
Lardo went in the cave, there were some cracking noises in there, Lardo comes running back out; Geert, Henry, Aron, and Littbarsky are all crowded around the edges of the cave mouth, looking in and clutching their weapons, and a koboldy voice (faint, down the hall) says something you don't understand.

Take that and do what you will.
:)

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Spearmint »

Littbarsky

Is fine trading missile fire. It is better to whittle them down than close, so let them rush us. They might be out of javelins soon so can throw them back.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by KingOfCowards »

Aron takes cover as the kobolds appear to attack.
After a few quick breaths, he steadies nerves and begins chanting.
Casts sleep
Sleep spell: [2d4] = 6

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#48 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Lardo takes cover and pulls his short sword, readying for melee.
Failure is always an option.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Zhym »

Sorry if this is posted and I missed it, but what's the approximate range to the kobolds?

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#50 Post by Spartakos »

Zhym wrote:Sorry if this is posted and I missed it, but what's the approximate range to the kobolds?
About 20'.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Zhym »

Ampersand Mxyzptlk Kerfuffle Humperdink Wongdoodle Biddleshaft the Third takes cover near the entrance to the cave, poking his head up long enough to throw an axe at the kobolds.

"Axe for javelins!" he says. "And javelins for axes!"

Hand/Throwing Axe (THAC0 19): [1d20+1] = 6+1 = 7 [1d6] = 4 (+1 dmg in melee)

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#52 Post by Spartakos »

Initiative for monsters: [1d6] = 3
Initiative for party: [1d6] = 1

Geert draws back his bow, while Ampersand of the Ridiculously Long Name cocks back his arm with a throwing axe balanced in his hand. Aron peers around the edge of the cave entrance, fingers moving in the intricate dance of spellcasting as he murmurs an incantation.

A hail of javelins comes from the kobolds, but all clatter against the stone walls and floor. Geert's return shot grazes one of the kobolds, who swears in a high-pitched snarl. The gnomish hand axe flies over their heads, striking sparks off the ceiling before spinning down the hall. Aron completes his spell, casting a hand out towards the kobolds; four of them slump to the dusty floor in a charmed sleep. The last looks at his fallen companions briefly, then turns and flees into the dark passage.

(Actions!)

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#53 Post by Tamerlaine »

Weird, I posted right after Zhym on the 9th. I don't know what happened to it. So...

Cormac joins his comrades at one side of the cave mouth, but out of view. He'll hear the ruckus yet bides his time. There will be a time to charge in soon enough. He scowls at Aron casting a spell, having a natural distrust thanks to the witches that live in the swamps of Lamora.

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#54 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Geert spits out a curse and lets an arrow fly at the fleeing dog man. "That one'll bring the whole damn nest down on us."

Short bow to hit/damage: [1d20+3] = 16+3 = 19; [1d6] = 4 Come on initiative!

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Spearmint »

Littbarsky

"In these caves we will be given no quarter, we should spare none ourselves." the doughty dwarf prefers to kill opponents in battle but sees the necessity of slaying enemies while we have advantage.

He will coup de 'grace' a nearby kobold with his spear, thrusting him through.

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#56 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Wait, I'm assuming the kobolds are on the far side of the pit, yes? How do we cross?
"Careful around the edge of that pit, Littbarsky," Lardo calls out. "There's something right foul at the bottom of it." He joins his companions huddled around the cave mouth and waits to see what happens.
Failure is always an option.

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#57 Post by Spartakos »

Gelatinous Q wrote:Wait, I'm assuming the kobolds are on the far side of the pit, yes? How do we cross?
Correct; all the kobolds are on the far side of an 8' wide pit. There are 1' wide ledges on either side of the pit, which you could use to cross; or you could find some way to bridge the gap.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#58 Post by Scott308 »

Eglistrum Paharis, Mage

Realizing there are some sort of enemies around the corner, Eglistrum will peer down the hall. Seeing a solitary enemy fleeing, he will cast Magic Missile in an attempt to prevent it escaping to alert others.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#59 Post by Tamerlaine »

Cormac is slow to think but he comes up with an idea. "We need to bridge that pit, so I say let's make a bridge! I can chop down a few small trees, lash 'em together. We throw it 'cross that there pit and rush the little shits."

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#60 Post by badams30 »

Brother Henry

Henry nods at the suggestion to bridge the pit, then he says "If we can't easily cross, then they probably can't either. Could we lure them here and launch things at them?" At any rate, Henry will put his mace on his belt and gather his sling just in case more appear from a distance.

OOC: If the single one gets away we could try to lure them out, or otherwise let them come to us (then again, if they see we've killed a fair number, they may just hide inside.)

Return to “Adventure on the Borderlands of Lamora (LL)”