Expedition: Markd/On a Mission from Baudh II - 02 June 2021

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition: Markd/On a Mission from Baudh II - 02 June 2

#961 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Shall we pay the bard off the top? Bremen has enough XP to level twice, but that isn't allowed, so he'll need the bard to take him to the next bracket.

Bummer we're in town for a month. That gives the beasties that much longer to dig in at the Tower.

It is my fault for not reading more carefully. We can leave that stuff back at the Tower unless others feel strongly about it.

While anxious to present the relic to the Bishop, Bremen wants to resolve treasure first, so he can have an appropriate tithe ready. He hopes this will ingratiate him to the church and allow for easier recruiting of knights, men-at-arms and laborers. I'd be lying if I said those boots are intriguing, Markd. And I just about love this warhammer. As for the rest, I was in agreement to bringing the Cardinal's stuff with us because I feared the centions or kobolds would find it, otherwise. So I'll probably take some of that stuff as my share if the opportunity arises. Some of it'll make a good impression on the Duke.

Bremen thanks Florian for all his help. He has no issue with Florian taking those items.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#962 Post by Alethan »

I'd actually thought to say something about the cat-head dagger and must have forgotten to, so I'm good with retro-keeping it all. :D

I assume Markd wants the dagger of Baudhonand sounds like Bremen wants the warhammer.

Bandy will take the... dammit! He can't take the quarterstaff! Well, he could but he can't use it! Shit.

I guess he would take the cat hilt dagger then.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#963 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Another option would be to take Bremen's long sword, which is+1 vs Undead, then throw 2k xp at it. Still wouldn't be as good as the other items.

Shall we spar? It might tell us something about the cloaks, boots, dagger and necklaces, too.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#964 Post by Alethan »

Bandy nods in agreement to sparing with Bremen.

He circles the man and starts to draw his longsword, but instead draws the cat-head dagger.

"Oi. What was that?"

He puts the dagger away and again tries to draw the longsword... but instead draws the dagger!

"Feck me! Gerroff me, ye bloody dagger!" He tries to throw the dagger to the ground, but instead finds he's replaced it properly in its sheath.

"Fecking thing is cursed!"

:(

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#965 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

any news about the cloak?
Bremen laughs at the halfling's antics until he realizes it is no joke. We shall discuss this with the Bishop. Perhaps he can remove the curse as payment for your bravery. Without you,
we would have faced many more centions. Surely he will see the value in that. Florian, would you speak on Bandy's behalf?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#966 Post by Alethan »

OOC: Best I can tell about the cloak is that Bandy has been sleeping better ever since he put it on. And he feels comfortable. So... maybe it reduces the number of hours needed for resting? Not sure yet. Still testing it out. But it's only one tier of upgrade, so that's about all it does.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#967 Post by onlyme »

Marullus wrote:Treasure division.
You have 10,210 in objects d'art. (Saleable for 25% of value now, or on commission in three months for 70-130%)
You have 1,975 in gems and 1,060 in coins, both of which act more readily as cash.

With five shares, you're going to owe Florian 2,649. NPCs are willing to take objects d'art at full value.

Florian agrees with the round robin approach. He'd like to keep either the flail, warhammer, or quarterstaff as befits his profession.

How do we account for the sun? Since it was supposed to be for the church as the mission everyone signed up for, shouldnt that come out of the total above? If we give Florian 2649, then the other 4 get 2149. Or do we give everyone 2249 total worth of d'art/gps?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#968 Post by Marullus »

onlyme wrote:How do we account for the sun? Since it was supposed to be for the church as the mission everyone signed up for, shouldnt that come out of the total above? If we give Florian 2649, then the other 4 get 2149. Or do we give everyone 2249 total worth of d'art/gps?
Good catch. The Golden Sun was separate on the list and not meant to be included in the total. My math was wrong.

Each of the five of you gets 2,249 in objects d'art, gems, and gold with an even split.

Florian requests:
- A platinum figurine of a six-winged angel holding the golden scales of Justice (1500gp)
- a simple but elegant silver skull (700 GP)
- 49 gp.

This leaves the gems and gold predominantly for PC shares.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#969 Post by Marullus »

Keeping the round robin going...
Irving takes the Cention's whip, completing the process of everyone choosing a weapon. As he chose last, he now requests to choose first on the next round. He picks a brilliant-cut black gem on a delicate silver chain. Florian is content to choose from among the clerical scrolls, taking the one that interests him most.

Magic items.

- Golden dagger of Healing (Markd) "Golden Blade of Baudhon." Unestimable. Imbued (divine). +1 bonus.
- Warhammer of Baudh (Bremen) 16,001xp. Imbued. +2, +3 vs undead.
- Florian's flail (Florian) "Flail of Gundrat the Luminescent." 64,000xp. Imbued. +2 bonus.
- iron-banded quarterstaff, worn from heavy use "Cathalon's Staff." 128,001xp. Imbued. +3 bonus.
- Cention Scimitar 4,001xp. Imbued. +1 bonus.
- Cention whip (Irving)4,001xp. Imbued. No bonus.
- cat-hilted dagger (Bandy) Unestimable. Created.

All Scrolls: Inestimable. Created.
- Scroll - Ward vs Magic
- Scroll - Ward vs Undead (Markd also had one from the Church which was used, so this breaks even)
- Scroll (Florian) - Clerical: Striking (3rd), True Seeing (5th)
- Scroll - Clerical: Hold Person (2nd)
- Scroll - Clerical: Holy Word (7th), Wind Walk (7th), Cure Serious Wounds (4th), Bless (2nd), Purify Food and Drink (1st)
- Scroll - Clerical: Detect Evil (1st), Commune (5th), Quest (5th)

- small black cube, two inches on each side Inestimable. Created.
- royal scepter studded with gems "Scepter of Eadcen the Divine" Inestimable. Created.
- small bronze statuette of an imperious griffin Inestimable. Created.
- onyx carving of a wolf sniffing the ground Inestimable. Created.
- short obsidian wand with an adamantine handle affixed to the end Inestimable. Created.
- a long bronze chime with a leather cord to suspend it Inestimable. Created.

- brilliant-cut black gem on a delicate silver chain (Irving)Inestimable. Created.
- breathtaking ruby necklace string with fillagreed gold chain 2,001xp. Imbued.
- a pair of knee-high boots of rough leather sized for a large human 4,001xp. Imbued.
- a patchwork beggar's cloak with a hood 2,001xp. Imbued.

- massive tome bound in leather with a golden latch "The Life-work of Cafreya the All-Seeing." 128,001xp. Imbued (Divine).
- abnormally thick book titled "A Lifetime of Service: Reflections of the Chief Justice of the Yoldessi Plains and the Wisdom of Baudhon." 16,001xp. Imbued (Divine).
[/ooc]

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#970 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I don't have a good idea for a fair round robin order. Anyone else?

Bremen will choose the chime this time, if it is available on his turn.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#971 Post by Alethan »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:I don't have a good idea for a fair round robin order. Anyone else?

Bremen will choose the chime this time, if it is available on his turn.
Well... Last goes first, so we switch order.

So if it was Markd, Bremen, Bandy, Irving, and Florian on the first round, then it would be Florian, Irving, Bandy, Bremen, and Markd for the second round.

That means Florian and Irving need to go first.

I think it only fair for people to post in order and not post out of order, indicating what they would pick if it is still available. We should only post in the order we pick.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#972 Post by onlyme »

Florian and Irving have already picked for round 2...
Bandy is on the clock. Do you go with a receiver or a running back for this round?

I am trying to divvy up the gems/cash/d'art... do you guys have a preference? I figure we need to split the liquid stuff (gems/cash) fairly equally, and then the other stuff as it happens?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#973 Post by Alethan »

Bandy selects the small bronze statuette of an imperious griffin, since it might be a nice reminder of the little hippogriff he befriended before the Centions killed it.

OOC: Bandy's only preference on jewelry would be the adamantium arm band. Otherwise, he doesn't care.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#974 Post by Alethan »

Rusty Tincanne wrote: Bremen will choose the chime this time, if it is available on his turn.
Can we safely assume Bremen takes the chime? What would you then want for last pick of second round and first pick of third round, onlyme?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#975 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Bremen looks the items over and pulls out the long bronze chime with a leather cord to suspend it. Wondering what this does.
Alethan wrote:I think it only fair for people to post in order and not post out of order
Fair enough. :) I'll stop thinking out loud.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#976 Post by onlyme »

I've been wanting that wolf carving for some reason.

And since they are listed as unattached, I assume Markd needs to check off the boots?

edit---hold up a sec...

At what point do we want to volunteer other items to the priests? I am thinking as others have mentioned...

The tome about the allseeing.
The black cube of damnation (they'll know what to do with it more than we would)
the quarterstaff?
Or do we take these ourselves, and then indvidually attempt to gain favor by presenting?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#977 Post by Alethan »

onlyme wrote:I've been wanting that wolf carving for some reason.

And since they are listed as unattached, I assume Markd needs to check off the boots?

edit---hold up a sec...

At what point do we want to volunteer other items to the priests? I am thinking as others have mentioned...

The tome about the allseeing.
The black cube of damnation (they'll know what to do with it more than we would)
the quarterstaff?
Or do we take these ourselves, and then indvidually attempt to gain favor by presenting?
Ummm... the tome and cube might be better off given to the priests. I don't know about the quarterstaff, though. Seems like it would be a great weapon for a PC to have. Likely not cursed, too. :-\

Hurry up and pick already! ;)

And don't edit existing posts after more than a minute because then we don't know you've updated your comment to something important. Just make a new post.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#978 Post by Alethan »

(also, sorry, I don't mean to sound like a crabby old man; I'm sick and not recovering well.)

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#979 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Let's not throw the tome in. Or the Quarterstaff. But I won't say why because I don't Al to get any crabbier. :D

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#980 Post by onlyme »

Markd says he'll take the boots he's been wearing. After all, no one notices what he wears with that sigil on his forehead.

He also takes the quarterstaff, hoping he'll learn to use it or at least trade it for a priest to remove his curse.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”