Expedition - Clay\Mapping Beith's Watch

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition - Clay\Mapping Beith's Watch

#41 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

almost forgot to pay you all.
45 go deducted. 15 to each halfling, 15 to Irving and fingers.

Clay hopes to see a bit of that come back to his power when Bandy, et al return from the dwarves.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#42 Post by Alethan »

Bandy Sandybanks
Evening, 28 May

Bandy approaches the foreman and bows slightly.

"Good evening, Master dwarf. We heard about your camp the other day and recently recovered some items that we thought might be of interest to you or... your forge master. Suits of chainmail and battleaxes, all of dwarven make."

Unwilling to pull out an axe in good company, Bandy produces one of the suits of chainmail and presents it to the foreman.

"They are all in damaged condition, but... we figured you might be interested in buying them, it being easier to repair existing equipment for sale than to make something from scratch. We have three suits of chainmail and ten battle axes."

He pauses then, waiting to see what sort of response his presentation elicits.

OOC: Added 15gp to character sheet for payment of the mapping venture.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Keehnelf »

Irving stands by, ready to be of service with his portion of the load.

7gp5sp added for his half of the share he split with Fingers.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Marullus »

Pausing for Half-pint.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by onlyme »

Halfpint follows along, listening to Bandy's conversation with the Dwarven smith.

After they are at a pause, she adds in,

And if you might tell me more about this life saver I have found. I know it was made by dwarven masters, but I know little else about it.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Slightly off topic, but I wonder if, over the course of two days of travel, Clay learned Bandy is a casual observer of Beith. It never came up in our limited role playing.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#47 Post by Alethan »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:Slightly off topic, but I wonder if, over the course of two days of travel, Clay learned Bandy is a casual observer of Beith. It never came up in our limited role playing.
... and it's something I always forget to roleplay into my characters. :-\ I suspect, though, that it might have.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

he should totally see his cleric before leaving town on that quest for Baudh. ;)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Zhym »

Fingers accepts his share of the fee with a "Thanks!" to Irving.

7gp 5sp added

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Marullus »

The tent is a bustle of activity. Constant requests of the foreman make it hard for Bandy to get his formal speech out. The dwarves seem rather ambivalent to him. When Halfpint speaks, however, he looks up at her, and then comes over to the group. "I'm sorry, madam. There is so much to do before the festival. It is good to have you as a friend among us," he responds to Halfpint. He then admits he didn't hear most of Bandy's speech and has him repeat it.

"Poorly maintained... ugh. Like someone left them out in the rain. I can't believe someone would treat them like this..." he grouses. He sends out for Thanrir, Master Artificer of the Blackhelm Clan, who joins him in looking over the armor and axes. The two look over them together, talking in their own tongue. He then responds again to Halfpint. "These were made roughly 2,000 years ago by no artificer I'm familiar with." The pair of dwarves look at each other poignantly. "Were there other things with them? You see... hands with the closed fist sigil of King Jarkul of dwarven legend. Other items might provide more knowledge."

They confer and do decide to buy the items from you for 200gp.

Halfpint then points out the armor she is wearing, asking their insight into it. The Artificer seems quite excited. "Yes, friend of dwarves!" he freely informs her. "This armor bears the sigils of one descended from Jarkul's familial line, but not a Prince of the Throne. It confirms for us that he founded a new kingdom where his heirs persisted, rather than returning to their ancestral hills in the south." They confer with each other, lowering their tones. "It seems there is much to be discovered in these lands."

Halfpint has achieved Friendly disposition with the dwarves. The other party members remain at Indifferent.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#51 Post by Alethan »

Bandy Sandybanks

Trying not to appear put out by the dwarves brusk behavior, Bandy agrees to the 200gp price and hands over the armor and weapons.

Ooc: Damaged, I was assuming each suit to be worth about 50 and the axes 5 each, so that's just what I was expecting. Also, maybe taking their initial offered price will make them friendly towards us.

"I don't know of anything else that was there of dwarven make. Halfpint? Were you there when the trove was initially found?"

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Marullus »

You normally get 50% for used, which is 35gp per suit of chainmail and 3gp per battleaxe. Damaged would be less. You got about 50% more than that from the dwarves.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by onlyme »

Alethan wrote:Bandy Sandybanks Bandy agrees to the 200gp price and hands over the armpit and weapons.
Ouch... that has to hurt... :D

Alethan wrote:Bandy Sandybanks

"I don't know of anything else that was there of dwarven make. Halfpint? Were you there when the trove was initially found?"
Halfpint shakes her head, trying to remember anything she might have seen.
She answers his question by talking to her new dwarf friend.
There were a couple of wooden chests that must have been made in the dwarven style, they were so sturdy.
There were some journals and wizardry books, but I couldnt read them.
There was a ring that might mean something. I'll never forget the quality. Had a cloud and lightning bolts on a shield.
A bronze warhorn showing many kings. I think Clay has that one.
Oh a crossbow that had elegant carvings.
A glass ball filled with something strange. I was afraid to touch that one.
Oh, and a long sword that everyone felt had some dark energy attached to it. I didnt get too close.
I dont recall a closed fist sigil, but I didnt know to look for it specifically. Do any of those sound familiar?

We can show you where the place is, of course. I know you are busy with the festival, but maybe afterward?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#54 Post by Alethan »

onlyme wrote:
Alethan wrote:Bandy Sandybanks Bandy agrees to the 200gp price and hands over the armpit and weapons.
Ouch... that has to hurt... :D

That will teach me to use British spelling on a phone. Stupid Autocorrect.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Marullus »

The two dwarves listen intently as Halfpint lists the items. "Yes, we'd certainly be interested in any of those," they nod, "After the festival. Yes."

Goods traded, coins received. Any other business or do you return to Gaul?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#56 Post by Alethan »

Bandy Sandybanks
Evening, 28 May

Halfpint can stay and entertain the dwarves if she wants. Bandy is going to find someplace safe to sleep the night in the dwarven camp and then head back to Gaul in the morning.

200gp divided between 5 of us (Clay, Bandy, Halfpint, Irving, Fingers) is 40gp each. Much easier coin than hauling around 13k copper pieces.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by onlyme »

Halfpint ends their conversation with the usual pleasantries, a discussion on how to find her in Gaul, and how/where to secure lodging for the evening.

Her plan is to return to Gaul in the morning as well.

-------------
+55 gp added. (+40 armor, +15 Clay's wages. )
She "paid" for the lodging and food to cover through the festival. I am assuming what she would have spent at once place is what she spends at another when she (or any PC) make these types of trips?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Marullus »

onlyme wrote:She "paid" for the lodging and food to cover through the festival. I am assuming what she would have spent at once place is what she spends at another when she (or any PC) make these types of trips?
That's fine in this instance.

The group is free to make a campsite for themselves among the cook fires of the dwarves, as no structures have yet been built. The night passes safely, and perhaps with some jovial tale-telling with the dwarves, and they rise for morning departure.

Taking the leisurely walk back to Gaul, they are all back together on the evening of 29 May.

Post any final interactions amongst each other, then go post in the Gaul threads. I'll then close this one.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#59 Post by Alethan »

Bandy Sandybanks
Evening, 29 May

Bandy meets up with Fingers and Clay at the tavern when he returns and gives each of them their 40gp share from the dwarven equipment they sold.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Zhym »

Fingers accepts the money and makes a mental note to talk to the dwarves after the festival to hear what they have to say about his ring.

+40gp

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”