Alchide:
1 identified potion
425gp
775sp

Achaedany :
1 identified potion
425gp
775sp
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition - Blackjack/Facing the Final Troll - 02 June

#102 Post by Spearmint »

Am good with that, reckon we should all chip in the 25gp and give ourselves a group tribute this time. Perhaps Earc you can see the Bard or script the story, you'll get the greater xp portion then.

Amistad adds the shield, 4 potions, 400gp and 775 sp to his inventory.

Amistad wouldn't ask but Earc made it that he would repay his share of the potion buying also,

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#103 Post by Alethan »

Spearmint wrote: Amistad wouldn't ask but Earc made it that he would repay his share of the potion buying also,
OOC: I guess I'm not following this. What do you mean?

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Spearmint »

OOC: Sorry, Earc was under the impression Blackjack was going to buy it. At this point, Earc has 2 pp to spend, which leaves him 30gp short. If Blackjack can float the difference, then Earc will pay him back out of his share from the next haul. Otherwise, we will have to go it with CON checks.
I wrote I would get it no problem and hacked my gems and the sextant but I think you messaged me that Earc didn't want to feel indebted and do I put it in my notes.

You should do the tribute too as we held back on the Troll story so as not to arouse intruders.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#105 Post by Alethan »

Spearmint wrote:
OOC: Sorry, Earc was under the impression Blackjack was going to buy it. At this point, Earc has 2 pp to spend, which leaves him 30gp short. If Blackjack can float the difference, then Earc will pay him back out of his share from the next haul. Otherwise, we will have to go it with CON checks.
I wrote I would get it no problem and hacked my gems and the sextant but I think you messaged me that Earc didn't want to feel indebted and do I put it in my notes.

You should do the tribute too as we held back on the Troll story so as not to arouse intruders.
Ah, sorry! I'm getting old. Thanks for the reminder. Yes, Earc owes Blackjack for his part of the potion. It was 50gp, yes? Maybe we can just get the sextant back for you if you want it.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#106 Post by Alethan »

Earc Orctongue

Earc gives Blackjack 50gp and thanks him for floating the cost of the potion before their venture.

Will deduct 50gp from Earc's take.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#107 Post by Alethan »

Alethan wrote:Earc Orctongue

Earc gives Blackjack 50gp and thanks him for floating the cost of the potion before their venture.

Will deduct 50gp from Earc's take.
Actually, reading back through, it looks like Earc paid his two PP to cover some of his part, so he only borrowed 30gp from Amistad.

Will only deduct 30gp from Earc's share, then.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Spearmint »

Yes 30gp is correct.

Amistad will try out the shield, he is not really used to such. Apart from lightness can he distinguish other features? Runes. Sigils? Maybe Captain Uthred will recognise the markings?

"You fought bravely and earned your dues, Achaedany of Gaul. If we delve deeper or row upriver we could use your skills still."

Achaedany retainer [2d6] = 2

Alcide, "We nearly lost you in that melee. I think you are better suited above ground where you can shoot as your tourney in Greenleaf showed. Heal up for now and then we can go hunting grumpbears and orcs along the river, just no more trolls."

Alcide retainer roll [2d6] = 8

Amistad will also check on Godric his foreman and the labourers just to make sure they didn't jump ship if they thought the boss went the same way as Pingu.

Amistad will stay at the ford and use a week to help the labour.

How would Ami and recruits (4), do to visit 1st logging site on the Orcridge Pine and chop and float another raft of wood down?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Marullus »

It is a solid oak shield with metal facing and reinforcing. The face is scarred by battles but it bears no sigil or markings.

"I'll consider it," Achaedany nods tersely, more focused on the sack of coins in her hands.
"Not me," says Alcide. "That's twice I've seen the lights-beyond from fighting trolls. Scouting the woods, sure, but I intend to live long enough to spend my share. You say no trolls, but that's just because you're hankerin' to go tangle with those one-eyed giants," he smirks. "Plenty of women like a River Ranger. I'll rest with them, I think. Good luck to you, Amistad. Keep him out of trouble, Earc."

The crews are still working; your foreman hadn't shared word of your possible demise so they seem none the worse. Your foreman, however, is glad to see you still ambulatory. (I need to you to finish the math on your private forum so we can determine what is actually being built.)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Marullus »

Expedition - Complete

Encounter: The Troll Monstrosity
New Hexes: None

Total:
1,870 character XP / 600 item XP for Earc and Alcide
935 character XP / 300 item XP for Alcide and Achaedany

Treasure:
Shortsword
Shield
Ten potions
1,700gp
3,100sp

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#111 Post by Alethan »

Earc Orctongue

When they reach Gaul, Earc suggests all of them chip in to hire the bard at the tavern to sing a song or two of their troll adventures.

"It seems a fitting way to pay tribute to something that surely should have killed us all, had we given it more thought," Earc says in a moment of clarity.

"Ogres and goblins seem positively welcome compared to that giant cancerous troll..."

OOC: Don't think it's too much to ask that the Retainers chip in an equal amount to get their names sung in honor. I'll deduct 25gp to cover Earc's cost. Let me know if Earc and Alcide need to split the entire cost, though, and I'll adjust my deduction (and append the song to just say "hirelings" instead of their names...) ;)

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Spearmint »

Am good with that, reckon we should all chip in the 25gp and give ourselves a group tribute this time. Perhaps Earc you can see the Bard or script the story, you'll get the greater xp portion then.
Amistad agreed this on the 10th. ;)

Amistad will use his gold from the cave to carry on with the Lion Logging construction and hire of labourers and loggers. He will rest and heal up then devote a week to helping build if necessary. He would like to send out a logging crew as soon as the building is finished to generate income and interest.

(1400gp committed to construction).

Horseshoes smelted into a name plaque for Pingu, he will hang it in his office.

Let me know by what date he can venture and with Achaedany.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#113 Post by Alethan »

Spearmint wrote:
Amistad agreed this on the 10th. ;)

Amistad will use his gold from the cave to carry on with the Lion Logging construction and hire of labourers and loggers. He will rest and heal up then devote a week to helping build if necessary. He would like to send out a logging crew as soon as the building is finished to generate income and interest.

(1400gp committed to construction).

Horseshoes smelted into a name plaque for Pingu, he will hang it in his office.

Let me know by what date he can venture and with Achaedany.
Sorry. It was a question for Marullus re: the Retainers chipping in, not Amistad.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Marullus »

No issues from the retainers. :) Song posted.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#115 Post by Alethan »

Marullus wrote:No issues from the retainers. :) Song posted.
Figured. :)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Marullus »

18 June 2021 - Return to the Cave

On 18 June, Earc and Amistad return to the troll cave without their retainers. Using the last two doses of water breathing potion, they are able to access the chamber and finish clearing it out. No new threats have moved in, so the job is fairly straight forward. After ensuring enough sacks and rope, they pull all the coin to the surface and transport it a few sacks at a time to their neighboring construction projects, where it is usable to pay for their workers and materials (who appreciate small denominations).

Subtract all remaining water breathing potions from your sheets, please.

Earc also bottles up two vials of the yellow opaque fluid collecting in the stone basin, taking it for further study.

Recovered on 18 June by Earc and Amistad

Coin Left Previously: 6,900sp, 8,000cp.

14 large sacks of copper (80gp, 80xp)
12 large sacks of silver (690gp, 690xp)

770 / 2

Awards: 385gp, 385xp each.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”