Re: OOC IV

#561 Post by Zhym »

Stay safe & dry.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#562 Post by tkrexx »

My Son's out Colombia way, so he's reading the rain too. Just take care.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#563 Post by AleBelly »

The hurricane wasn't as bad as expected. Aside from having to pick up tree branches from my yard and losing power for large gaps in time, we were affected little. I don't expect power outages any more, so things should be back to normal.

tkrexx, how did your son fare? Some parts of the Carolinas have been completely devastated. Hope he wasn't part of that.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#564 Post by Zhym »

Where in NC are you, again? Some friends of mine live in Greenville, and they mostly just got wet. Their son didn’t even get to go boating between peoples houses like he’d hoped.

ETA: That's what I get for posting from my phone, where it doesn't tell me your location with your every post.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#565 Post by tkrexx »

My Son just got soggy and irritated. He's head of security at a large motel, so he's been dealing with the stressed displaced folks for the duration of the storm. Glad things didn't get bad for you.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#566 Post by onlyme »

By the way
... dandelion has no clue what y'all are fighting about after rereading the posts...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#567 Post by Bluehorse »

Zhym wrote:Angus looks at the sunny sky above then back at the increasingly addled-seeming mage. "Do you...not think you're outside?" he asks in the tone of voice one would use with a child who happened to be waving a wand of fireballs around like it's a toy.

We're already outside:
AleBelly wrote:The party escapes the lair with little trouble, dodging the pesky pointing things in the ceiling. They bring the mage outdoors in full daylight.
Oops...
Facepalm.gif
Facepalm.gif (897.26 KiB) Viewed 867 times

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#568 Post by Zhym »

onlyme wrote:By the way
... dandelion has no clue what y'all are fighting about after rereading the posts...
So, let's say a doctor is part of a militia that takes over an office building and kills some people. Someone eventually takes the building back (probably Bruce Willis), but the doctor goes underground and starts working on a bomb that he plans to set off in the town square. But Bruce Willis comes back and stops that plan, too, and takes the guy captive.

Then some other guy says, "Hey, I have a great idea! He's a doctor, right? So instead of giving him to the FBI, let's let the American College of Surgeons decide the appropriate punishment!"

Imagine the look Bruce would give that guy, and you'll have an idea of the look Angus is giving Kablamicus right now. :)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#570 Post by Zhym »

I could do with less intra-party conflict, myself.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#571 Post by enn.in.me »

I don't mind it from time to time, but am less interested in intra-party and more in party versus the world. We probably need some of each to keep everybody happy.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#572 Post by AleBelly »

I think this seems more drawn out since I've been slow to update...RL continues to kick my ass.

There are a lot of chaotic characters in this group, so I would expect some disagreement. But this is why I like the sandbox format. If players tend to disagree, they can adventure in separate groups. In single-party module games I have a different view

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#573 Post by onlyme »

Zhym wrote:
onlyme wrote:By the way
So, let's say a doctor is part of a militia that takes over an office building and kills some people. Someone eventually takes the building back (probably Bruce Willis), but the doctor goes underground and starts working on a bomb that he plans to set off in the town square. But Bruce Willis comes back and stops that plan, too, and takes the guy captive.

Then some other guy says, "Hey, I have a great idea! He's a doctor, right? So instead of giving him to the FBI, let's let the American College of Surgeons decide the appropriate punishment!"

Imagine the look Bruce would give that guy, and you'll have an idea of the look Angus is giving Kablamicus right now. :)

I guess it depends on whether it is Christmas time, doesnt it?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#574 Post by Zhym »

I would expect disagreement, too. But we seem to have ended up with more than a few situations over the years in which one PC said, "Screw the group consensus, I'm doing what I want to do anyway." Those situations have never been all that fun, at least for me. We have enough enemies in this game world without fighting each other, too.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#575 Post by tkrexx »

I've been guilty of that a time or two. Unintentional, but it happened.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#577 Post by tkrexx »

Happy birthday, AB!
+1!

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#578 Post by AleBelly »

Hey all - had an emergency work trip this week and now am out of power due to the hurricane. They are saying we won’t have it back until Monday. I just haven’t had an unbroken hour or two to put together the moving pieces in this game. Looks like i’ll Get the chance this weekend.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#579 Post by Zhym »

Oy. I didn't realize that the latest hurricane reached all the way up to the Carolinas. That's a not-nice double whammy.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#580 Post by AleBelly »

Yeah, that storm was moving at a fast clip. Was as bad as the previous one, but since the ground was already wet it caused more problems. Two coworkers (at a site of 300) had their houses hit pretty bad with trees.

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”