OOC the second

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: OOC the second

#41 Post by OGRE MAGE »

There it is......... :lol:

Very interesting. I am very glad I asked because I literally had no idea that was going on.

The short answer on this is that I would like everyone to read everything in the main threads. I prefer to keep anything private in the private threads. Everything else should be considered information that is freely shared amongst the party whether someone was there or not. There has to be some assumed communications between the characters that happens behind the posts.
Urson wrote: I see why some people only read 'their' stuff- it makes it a lot easier to keep player knowledge and character knowledge straight.
This is very true. The problem with it is, if the others don't share something that happened in a solo situation with the group, (which seems to happen a lot) the player who isn't reading it won't have any idea that it happened.

No one should feel like they shouldn't be reading something that is posted publicly. Nothing there is "off limits". That is why I like using the private threads for private stuff.

Questions? Comments?

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#42 Post by Scott308 »

I assume everything posted in the public threads are for everyone to read. The exception is if something is put in a spoiler tag with a note specifying for a specific person or if it is spoken in a language my character does not understand. In that case, my character will ask for a translation if one isn't posted IC or in a post stating that someone translates for others. Even then, I still sometimes peek.

I read all the posts prior to Umrick joining the game, but I'm trying not to use knowledge gained through that if I don't believe the other characters would have shared it. They were very suspicious of Umrick early on, so I don't believe they would have been very forthcoming.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by wolfpack »

if you want me to read everything and allow my chrater to have that knowledge I will.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#44 Post by OGRE MAGE »

All public information is assumed to be shared among the entire group. As Scott mentioned, if there is something that needs to be kept from some members, it can be put into a labeled spoiler.

The information is for the players interest. If you want to roleplay your character as not having the knowledge that you have, that is very much acceptable.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#45 Post by OGRE MAGE »

wolfpack wrote:Jervis excited to have his sight back is ready to immediatly return to the house. When the others return and it is mentioned they tried to sale the exquisite armor he retches a little.
Good thing the DM stepped in to intervene then. I couldn't imagine what Wilfric would charge to cure nausea. :lol:

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by wolfpack »

OGRE MAGE wrote:
wolfpack wrote:Jervis excited to have his sight back is ready to immediatly return to the house. When the others return and it is mentioned they tried to sale the exquisite armor he retches a little.
Good thing the DM stepped in to intervene then. I couldn't imagine what Wilfric would charge to cure nausea. :lol:
1st born

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#47 Post by OGRE MAGE »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#48 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Urson wrote: Duty requires me to tell you more of my past- I brought shame and dishonor to myself and my family. I have been banished from the Dragon Empire, and will be killed on sight if I ever return there.
Sounds like she should fit right in. :lol:

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by hedgeknight »

We're all just a bunch of...
misfittoys.jpg
misfittoys.jpg (40.31 KiB) Viewed 313 times
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#50 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nobody wants a Charlie-in-the-box. :D

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by hedgeknight »

I haven't any dreams left to dream. :cry:
Winter is coming...

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#52 Post by coil23 »

*happy sigh* I still watch that every year and always sing the song.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by coil23 »

Oh, Ogre Mage, I can't believe I didn't see it before! I looked at the module cover again as you suggested. We simply must find that magical lamp of bat summoning at once!! That will be our secret weapon against the smugglers. And once they are dealt with we can turn it against the city council. And soon: Saltmarsh will be ours!!! :twisted: [coming soon: fire to somehow be incorporated into the evil plan of domination]

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#54 Post by coil23 »

Apologies on the truancy. School is kicking my ass right now. I will do my best for the next two weeks and then things should ease up a little for me.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#55 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Its all good.

I have been fairly pressed for time as well lately as you might have already noticed.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#56 Post by OGRE MAGE »

coil23 wrote:Would it be possible to scare up extra oil flasks too?
NO!!!!! :lol:

It would require another trip back inside the town walls if you want to stockpile oil flasks.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#57 Post by coil23 »

O pardons, mighty Pelor, but they spurn your cleansing heat to educate the heathens. But Nature will always find a way.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#58 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Hey all.

It is time for my annual fall migration to the islands.

I will still try to post when I can, but if my actions are sporadic for the next 2 weeks, you will know why.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#59 Post by coil23 »

I suppose to be absolutely explicit, Doubtful is in the precise location that allows him to scan the field of battle clearly and properly coax the troops, all from a significantly safe and secure position. :D

(No, you're right with your map as far as I can see. Let the slaughter of druids begin. :? )

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#60 Post by OGRE MAGE »

coil23 wrote:Doubtful

faerie fire to hit mod question: Should I add the +2 to my to hit number for each of the next four rounds or just leave it as rolled?
Since it only lasts 4 rounds, you can just post a normal roll and I will figure in the bonus.

Return to “U1 The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (1e)”