4) Back to Saltmarsh; The doomed leading the blind.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 4) Back to Saltmarsh; The doomed leading the blind.

#141 Post by hedgeknight »

Burleson Blue Finger

Burly enters the old house yet again, a sour wet look on his face. He still can't understand the change in Keilif. He lights his new lantern and takes a look around. When Jervis leads the way down the steps, he falls in behind the brash young warrior, trusting his protection.
Winter is coming...

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#142 Post by Hotgoblin »

Jonas enters the mansion while making a mental photograph of his surroundings and how beautiful this home must have been at one time! Jonas doesn't believe Kelif's armor to be cursed, but he can't be sure until he studies it.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by Urson »

Mai, seeing the situation, puts away her sword and readies her bow, falling in at the back of the group. She moves as silently as she is able, wary of any trouble.
FA FO

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#144 Post by coil23 »

Doubtful

His brow arches as he notices the changes in the cleric. Hmm, this will bear watching. Doubtful had tried to get Shoo-Fly to go back home but the cat defiantly follows them into the house and begins prowling- just one more cat to herd.

Whispering to the group, there is also still one wing of the upstairs we had not explored yet. It is where our friend and that treacherous cur came from right before he... He won't finish the sentence, just shakes his head in sorrow.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#145 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The group shakes off the rain as they all enter the house. After preparing a lantern, they make their way down the hallway, into the kitchen (9) and down the pantry stairs (10) into the now familiar wine cellar. (20)

First floor:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (336.62 KiB) Viewed 1048 times
Basement level:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (315.78 KiB) Viewed 1048 times
The party remembers that there are still unchecked areas on the second floor that they need to search as they descend into the darkness. Everything seems to look exactly the way it was left until the others notice the destruction left behind by Ben and Umrick. The burnt, dissected, and dismembered body of the former fighting men still lies in a ransacked heap on the floor of the cellar. His armor and other possessions now gone, the dead carcass of the man seems far less frightening then when you first encountered it. The flesh of his bootless feet hangs down grotesquely. The condition that the pillaged body is in now is even less appealing than the grisly task ahead of the group. Keilif is actually appalled at the sight of this poor person who has been literally burned and torn apart for his treasures.

Otherwise, the wine cellar is empty. The secret door leading into the barracks room is also left slightly ajar. No noise or light can be seen coming from the room beyond.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by ravenn4544 »

Ben looks a little pale from seeing the burned mans carcass. While spending years on a whaling boat and whale entrails, the sight of the man is a bit more than he's used to.

"Yeah. Well, hmm...Sounds quiet. How about we check that upstairs now?"

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#147 Post by Mant72 »

Keilif:

"It is blasphemy to defile the bodies of the dead...no matter friend or foe." The young priest shakes his head in disbelief and disgust.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#148 Post by Scott308 »

Umrick Histix, Gnome Fighter

The gnome shrugs upon hearing the cleric's words. Eh. We didn't defile anything. We set torch to the body to destroy the grubs and then removed the remains from the armor. Would you have preferred to have the grubs stay with the armor? If you disapprove of what we did to get the armor, feel free to remove it at anytime. I'll take it with me and sell it somewhere else some day. If you continue to wear it, our methods must have been acceptable to you, so there shouldn't be anymore said about it. Now, if there is still part of the house you have not explored yet, shouldn't we see what that area has to offer?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by Urson »

Mai walks the basement rooms, a small scowl of disgust on her face from the stench and the corpse. I do not wish to thwart our leader- who _is_ the leader of this group, by the way?- But are there other areas in this basement you have not explored? I would say those should be first, so that we do not waste our efforts walking back and forth.

Mai nods slightly to BurleyBurley-san, I once owned a trapped chest of my own. A needle in the lock would instantly tattoo the thief's hand, marking him for easy retrieval by the Emperor's Peacekeepers. Perhaps you found a similar trap?
FA FO

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by wolfpack »

Jervis look son as the others talk and when they are done states mater of factly.

The dead are dead, we have more important matters at hand.

he states to Mia

We have been through the basement before, we should finish exploring the upper wing. I will go if you want to spilt up those who wish to accompany me we will go now.

With that Jervis heads upstairs to explore the last wing of the home.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#151 Post by Scott308 »

Umrick Histix, Gnome Fighter

Having not explored any of the house proper, Umrick will accompany Jervis to check out the last unseen area.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#152 Post by Urson »

Quoting JervisWe have been through the basement before, we should finish exploring the upper wing. I will go if you want to spilt up those who wish to accompany me we will go now.

No need. I was mistaken. Forgive me. Mai bows her head slightly, pressing the handgrip of her bow to her forehead.
FA FO

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by hedgeknight »

Burly shrugs at the newcomer lady. "P'raps I did," he holds up his blue finger and smiles.

Burly then follows Jervis in the exploration of the upstairs.
Winter is coming...

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by ravenn4544 »

Ben keeps an eye out for tracks or tricks as best he can as they make there way up to the second level.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#155 Post by Mant72 »

Keilif responds to Umrick, "This man deserves a proper burial. I will attend to this as soon as the upper levels are secured,...and I will keep the armor." With this he turns to the unexplored upper rooms of the mansion.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#156 Post by coil23 »

Doubtful will go upstairs with the others, watchful and listening carefully for any signs of changes since they were last here or of danger.

When next to Mai he whispers to her: no one has any idea who is in charge here. And no, it doesn't work but there you have it.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#157 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Please join in as we continue the action in this new thread.

viewtopic.php?f=318&t=6136

Return to “U1 The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (1e)”