4) Back to Saltmarsh; The doomed leading the blind.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: 4) Back to Saltmarsh; The doomed leading the blind.

#61 Post by Mant72 »

Keilif turns to Jonas, "I know not, friend. I believe it is probably due to misunderstanding. Perhaps the group doesn't want to feel obligated to the Father. This is foolish because nothing in this world is free. The miracles of Shileil cannot simply be doled out on a whim. It is unfortunate that our friends will not accept Father Wilfric's generous offer."

Keilif shakes his head and wonders how to proceed from here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#62 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Mant72 wrote: Keilif shakes his head and wonders how to proceed from here.
As does the DM.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#63 Post by Mant72 »

Keilif:

"Come, Jonas. Let us catch up with the others so that we can be off and return to the manse." Keilif gathers his things and speeds after the others.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#64 Post by coil23 »

Doubtful waits outside the church to talk with the others once they exit.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by hedgeknight »

Burleson Blue Finger

Burly waits outside (with Jervis presumably) and sees Doubtful there too.
"Well, guess we burned that bridge to the ground, eh? What now do ya think we should do now? Or should we just call it a day?"
Winter is coming...

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#66 Post by coil23 »

Doubtful chuckles without humor at the baker's comment. Yes, I believe we did. I do not like or trust that priest but I wonder if he may be our only recourse at this point. We must get Jervis tended to. If only we had thousands of gold pieces like only the moral and upright do then this would already be resolved. Doubtful takes a second to roll his eyes. I think we may have to rely on Keilif to parlay for us in accepting his offer while us bad folk keep our heads down.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#67 Post by Hotgoblin »

As Jonas slowly stands up, he smooths down his hair and fixes his shirt before following Kelif out.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by wolfpack »

I have no qualms offering my service, but I cannot be responsible for forcing others to make the same offer.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#69 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Keilif and Jonas exit the magnificent temple proper to find their stubborn friends still waiting for them outside. Jervis remains completely blind due to the unwillingness of at least two of his comrades.......and all over helping a priest, no less!

The 5 remaining party members stare at each other in confusion, Doubtful rolling his eyes and feeling sorry for himself. He suggests that Keilif will be their only salvation now. Too bad he lacks the power to aid poor Jervis. The party remembers back to their first dealings with the council, Doubtful once again shows a strong hatred and resentment for anything related to clerics or the priesthood in general. His friends begin to wonder if there isn't a deep rooted reason for his unhealthy dislike for the sacred cloth. He makes a comment about lacking the sufficient funds for such aid, apparently also forgetting that the group just left thousands and thousands of gold pieces worth of merchandise to rot back in the caves. The same merchandise that Doubtful himself suggested burning to the ground.

He and Burly actually make a joke about it as they both laugh off the whole situation, apparently not really all that concerned about their blind friends well being after all. As the morning sun begins to rise up above the towns buildings, Burly suggests calling it a day.

Jervis seems to be thinking the same as Keilif and Jonas at this point, if it will get him cured. Although he doesn't feel the need to force it on the two unwilling members.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#70 Post by Mant72 »

Keilif:

"I am for accepting Father Wilfric's task. He is a good man, and he will not lead us astray. I understand the feeling of not wanting to be obligated, but we have no other recourse. I can go back in and talk to the Father if we are all in agreement; however, we must maintain a sense of humility and respect. We will not get another opportunity if things go awry..." He waits patiently for the others' responses.

Hotgoblin

#71 Post by Hotgoblin »

Jonas looks at the others, then responds...I will help as best I can with whatever task Father Wilfric requests of us..

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by hedgeknight »

Burly the Baker

Burly shrugs and looks at his finger. "If the rest of the group think it best, then I'm not going to shit on it. But...I don't have to like it. I'll stay near Jervis and keep quiet. Hell, I won't even look at the fat, rich priest! I'll just...I'll just...nothing."
Burly sighs, shuffles his feet, and begins to study his finger.
Winter is coming...

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#73 Post by coil23 »

Doubtful nods at Keilif. I will accept the task and will be silent as you speak to the priest. In fact, I'll wait out here if that will make it better.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#74 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Keilif makes his way back into the temple, alone this time. He attempts to gain yet another audience with his eminence Father Wilfric but he is told that the good father is busy at the moment with important temple matters.

He is then told to make his way back later in the day when the priests see to the sick and needy. That would be his best chance at an unscheduled meeting with the high priest. Anytime after the midday services should be fine.

It is now early morning. (8:30 AM) The young acolyte knows that the midday services conclude at about 3:00 PM.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#75 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The group waits there until the afternoon, just hoping to get this whole thing over with. Keilif sees the high priest alone for the first time and makes his move for a private conversation. After a few words, the acolyte returns to the group with the demands of the clergy.

He will cure Jervis of his blindness if we all agree to do a service for the church at a later date. He can't say exactly what it will be but, the nex time he needs a group of young adventures to put to a task, we will be bound to do his bidding.

He assured me that it wouldn't be anything illegal, immoral, or damaging to the reputation of the temple.

If we all agree to do this, he will cure him right now. But only if we all agree!

Sorry for speaking for you Mant. I am really just trying to get past this unfortunate situation so we can get back to the good stuff again.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#76 Post by coil23 »

Doubtful nods assent and does not speak a word as promised.

Hotgoblin

#77 Post by Hotgoblin »

Jonas
I am in.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by wolfpack »

As before I will agree to a task but I cannot force the others to make the same decision.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by hedgeknight »

Burleson Blue Finger

Burly looks at his finger, considers giving the priest a different finger, but instead, gives him a curt nod of agreement.
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#80 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The group reconsiders their unfortunate position and finally decides to agree to help Keilifs superior and mentor. The young acolyte is delighted to rush back inside to tell Father Wilfric the good news. The high priest is not nearly as thrilled.

After making the group wait another 2 hours, hoping to teach a lesson of humility, Jervis is finally called inside once again. He and Keilif head into the chapel and stand in front of the priests. After making them grovel a little longer, the deed is finally accomplished. After only a few short moments of chanting and hand waving, Jervis slowly opens his eyes to find his vision has fully returned to him.

The pair make their way back outside again and Jervis can see that Doubtful, Burly, and Jonas are still waiting there patiently. As the group decides their next move, they see an exhausted looking Ben rapidly walking towards them with a big smile on his face. Just then, they also notice Umrick moving in. He is carrying a large sack filled with something bulky. He is accompanied by a stranger, an elven woman with fair skin and almond shaped eyes. She is dressed in garb that is unfamiliar to you.

At long last.......the group is once again fully reunited.

Return to “U1 The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (1e)”