4) Back to Saltmarsh; The doomed leading the blind.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 4) Back to Saltmarsh; The doomed leading the blind.

#121 Post by ravenn4544 »

Ben awakes from the sleep of the dead refreshed. "preparations for sure - food as was suggested for several days, for sure. How about oil as a fire was mentioned? maybe a shovel or two for the dead bodies or rope and rocks enough to tie them down and cast them into the sea...Agree that we should be quick about gathering supplies and head out to the House with enough light to manage there."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by wolfpack »

Jervis is up early armored and ready to go when the others rise. He will eat a hearty breakfast and offer to carry some of the additional supplies.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#123 Post by coil23 »

Doubtful tries to gather together a 50' coil of rope and two shovels for the group. After making sure all are feed (and watered?)-people and livestock- he stands ready to go. He admires Keilif's new armor. That looks good on you, lad. Fits well too, though I hear it is the cursed armor that always conforms best to one's shape. Guess we'll find out, eh? He claps the cleric on the back good-naturedly.

Would it be possible to scare up extra oil flasks too?

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by Urson »

Mai pulls her leather armor out of her pack and gears up. Blessings of the Ancestors on you all. I agree, we should be going, before it begins to rain and makes a dreary day even worse.
She'll carry whatever portion of the gear/equipment she is given.
FA FO

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#125 Post by Scott308 »

Umrick Histix, Gnome Fighter

Umrick awakens in the morning, refreshed and ready to go after the grueling previous day. He readies his arms and armor for whatever the day may bring. I am not sure fire will allow us to dispose of the bodies completely. And if there is anyone watching the house, even just casually, the huge amounts of smoke that would give off would be a definite sign that something odd is going on.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#126 Post by Hotgoblin »

Jonas wakes feeling quite well... he readies himself for the journey, then joins the others for breakfast. When I try to remember what happened, it seems more like a dream than an actual event. But, I agree with Umrick, fire will only draw further attention to our location!

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by ravenn4544 »

Ben shrugs and waits for the group to head out.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#128 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The hospitable druid gathers up more supplies and tools for the party's next phase of their mission. Never one to leave on a positive note, he then of course suggests that the beautiful armor that Kelief has chosen to wear is most likely cursed.

The supplies are distributed umongst the eight still green adventurers. Five humans, a large gnome, a half elf (aquatic), and their new friend, a strange looking female elf from the far east set out towards the cliffs that the dilapidated house stands on. Jonas begins to recall some things from their last invasion into the place, the many scattered dead bodies and loss of their comrade Alec are fortunately not recalled.

The mist in the air turns to light rain as your destination draws near. You don't need a druid to tell you that the dark clouds above indicate that things will get worse before they get better. You travel cross country this time, through Doubtful's neighbors farms and beyond. You steer clear of the road as best you can to avoid the unwanted stares at what must surly be a sight to see with a group of well armed adventurers packing shovels and rope. By the time you see the broken down fence that surrounds the home it is raining hard. The house still looks completely abandoned, no light or sound coming from inside. It is mid morning by now, though you certainly couldn't tell by the sun. The road leading up to the fence is completely abandoned in this nasty weather.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#129 Post by coil23 »

As they walk, the druid points up at the dark clouds, sagely pointing out, things will get worse before they get better.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#130 Post by Mant72 »

Keilif barks a quick laugh at Doubful's sarcasm. Once the rain begins to fall, he quickly makes for the back entrance of the mansion. He pauses to wait under the awning for the others to join him before entering.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by ravenn4544 »

Ben, spear clutched tight in hand, looks up at the dark house and scans the windows for any signs of movement. If nothing evident, follows Keilif to the house and readies to enter....

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by wolfpack »

When at the house Jervis will draw his sword and lead the way in.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#133 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ben peers intently at the windows again but sees no movement inside the dark house. As the group nears the back door leading into the kitchen again, they notice something that they haven't seen before. Not about the house so much but about their shiny new friend, Keilif. It is as if the boy has gone through some kind of transformation in the past couple of hours. Where once there was a timid young man, not exactly sure of his path in life, now stands a confident full grown man portraying vim and demanding excellence from all those around him.

Is it possible that the sarcastic druid was right all along about the shining armor being cursed?

Despite this fact, Jervis the beautiful barges his way past the acolyte and enters the house with his sword leading the way. It appears that the home has been entered since last you were here as the door has been left ajar, but there are no immediate signs of anyone being inside at the moment. No noise and no light emanate from the depths of the home.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#134 Post by Mant72 »

Keilif places his gauntleted hand lightly on Jervis' shoulder and holds his finger to his lips, indicating they should remain silent. He pauses, gripping his mace firmly, straining to hear anything that might betray the recent visitors and quickly scans the floor for any traces of passage.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by ravenn4544 »

Ben nods at Keilif and also begins to examine the floor for clues of recent activity. He will move as quietly as he can and not stray too far from the group.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#136 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ben makes out two sets of faint footprints that lead into the doorway.

One human size and one gnome size set of prints lead through the back door of the house and head directly down the steps into the cellar.

They look vaguely familiar to the thief, nay, very familiar, in fact.

Keilif stops the brave Jervis from entering any further so the group can listen inside first. Again, no noise can be made out other than the usual wind and rain hitting the old mansion.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#137 Post by Scott308 »

Umrick Histix, Gnome Fighter

I'm pretty sure these footprints were from when Ben and I came back here. And to be honest, I can't remember if I closed the door or not. Having said that, I guess there are no guarantees someone else hasn't come in here, but I think we're in pretty good shape. I'm willing to go first, unless somebody else wants to instead.

If nobody else wishes to lead the way, Umrick will go down the stairs, crossbow ready just in case. If someone else feels strongly about leading the way, he will fall into place somewhere among the group.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#138 Post by Mant72 »

Keilif nods at Umrick and falls in behind the gnome as he descends into the cellar.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#139 Post by ravenn4544 »

Ben chuckles,"Good eye, Umrick. Let's go down to double check all is clear then we should check the upstairs for a signaling location and set up a watch.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by wolfpack »

I will lead the way, you never know if more brigands have showed up.

Jervis will lead the way down the stairs.

Return to “U1 The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (1e)”