Eris
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOG: Game

#161 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote:
joertexas wrote:
Nuke66 wrote:Well, let's start with fuel and cargo opportunities out of the 700k group funds. Next, find a hired steward. Then we can buy upgrades and such.

Edwardo still has some 118k left for gear.
If he wants a skinsuit, he can go with Carlos and Zaki to the shop.
May as well expand the target list enlarge the party :-) Pedro has already mentioned he wants to get one as well. He'd like to go back and thank Sawhuffa for getting the whole ball rolling with forwarding the picture to Lord Featherstuff.
It appears everyone is going to Sawhuffa's! :)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#162 Post by Eris »

Keven wrote:
Eris wrote:House Rule on Stewards: I was a bit surprised about the 1 level per 2 passengers thing, so I went looking and found that has varied from edition to edition.

I'm going to say that it's 4 passengers per level starting at Steward-0. JOAT counts as Steward-0. Anyone can be hired/assigned Steward duties. Those without any Steward skill at all can attempt to "fake it", using their SOC/3 as a DM as a modifier on an 8+ or 10+ roll.
OK, so Carlos as-is can handle 4 of them, and our crack pilot with Steward-1 can get the rest. :D

I'm thinking Carlos will try to train up to Steward-1 over the flight.
Yes, you two can cover it.

I need to set up a Training Thread where we can track who is training in what and how. Remember, you have to train for a number of weeks equal to your current number of skill levels you have plus one, but using one of the 10,000 cr training programs means each week counts as 2.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#163 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote:Hmm, in the character sheets, you dropped my dagger-1 and made electronics-1 instead of electronics-0.

I'll want one of those skinsuits, how much? I guess I never purchased any gear... I should get a dagger and a shotgun (I think I was training in shotgun). Dunno what else I should gear up with? Combo mask? IR/LI combo goggles? Mechanical tools? Communicators?
I'll fix the skills.

A skinsuit costs 15,000 cr, requires a fitting and takes a week to make. Gloves, tank, regulator, and a bubble helmet are thrown in for free. Protects like Cloth Armor in all atmospheres, but only temporarily effective in Insidious (C)...2d6 hours.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#164 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote:
ffilz wrote:Hmm, in the character sheets, you dropped my dagger-1 and made electronics-1 instead of electronics-0.

I'll want one of those skinsuits, how much? I guess I never purchased any gear... I should get a dagger and a shotgun (I think I was training in shotgun). Dunno what else I should gear up with? Combo mask? IR/LI combo goggles? Mechanical tools? Communicators?
I'll fix the skills.

A skinsuit costs 15,000 cr, requires a fitting and takes a week to make. Gloves, tank, regulator, and a bubble helmet are thrown in for free. Protects like Cloth Armor in all atmospheres, but only temporarily effective in Insidious (C)...2d6 hours.
And how much do I need to reserve for buy in to the ship?
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by Tiglath »

Its a 100K "buy in" with our (late starters') 50KCr from the last job and a 50KCr loan from Edwardo to fund us. Then buy any gear from the ship funds. The skinsuit provides armour and protects against gas etc as well as being a vacc suit. You have guns on way via Sigrun (shotgun and snub pistol) so maybe IR/LI gear either as goggles or fitted into a "hard" tactical/vacc suit helmet - or anything else that catches your eye! :)
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#166 Post by ffilz »

Tiglath wrote:Its a 100K "buy in" with our (late starters') 50KCr from the last job and a 50KCr loan from Edwardo to fund us. Then buy any gear from the ship funds. The skinsuit provides armour and protects against gas etc as well as being a vacc suit. You have guns on way via Sigrun (shotgun and snub pistol) so maybe IR/LI gear either as goggles or fitted into a "hard" tactical/vacc suit helmet - or anything else that catches your eye! :)
Ok, so if we don't have to spend personal cash on gear, I can actually do a 60 kcr buy in (I mustered out with 10 kcr).
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#167 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote:Its a 100K "buy in" with our (late starters') 50KCr from the last job and a 50KCr loan from Edwardo to fund us. Then buy any gear from the ship funds. The skinsuit provides armour and protects against gas etc as well as being a vacc suit. You have guns on way via Sigrun (shotgun and snub pistol) so maybe IR/LI gear either as goggles or fitted into a "hard" tactical/vacc suit helmet - or anything else that catches your eye! :)
OOC: Tiglath has it in one!
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#168 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote:Ok, so if we don't have to spend personal cash on gear, I can actually do a 60 kcr buy in (I mustered out with 10 kcr).
The amount of loan is up to you and "Edwardo". :) Don't go crazy on gear. A lot will be in the ship's locker, bought with ship funds, but you might want to buy some personal gear, like a computer, tablet (hand computer in Trav terms) and/or cell phone (comm). Stuff like that.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by Tiglath »

Another option for Chandra is to use his "spare" 10KCr to buy a training package and train himself up in a new skill while on this trip.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#170 Post by Nuke66 »

IMHO, ship funds would be for ship stuff, or any 'common' items like uniforms, comms units, etc where we need 7 of one thing. I would go so far as to say training programs might even fall into that if 4 or more could use it.

Personal gear should be personal funds.

But, we need to fill the hold before we start spending the funds on ship upgrades.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#171 Post by Tiglath »

I agree entirely. However, I suggest we might need to allow a little wiggle room for the second wave of PCs who, having started "broke ready to adventure," will now still be broke as their paycheck goes entirely into the buy in for the new ship.

John Lee is still with us and also Whistler(?) so there may be more funds for the buy in.

The skinsuits could be a collective purchase - maybe Edwardo can Broker for group discount by offering Sawhuffa interstellar trade! ;) :)

Sigrun already has a skinsuit and would ask that the money saved on her suit is spent on a training pack (Recon). Carlos' training pack for Steward might be a similar (if not stronger) argument.

However, just funding "multi buys" might be a good simple "rule of thumb".

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by Tiglath »

The various weapons I'm proposing IC are drawn from a very sympathetic extrapolation and update of the weapons from CT Books 1 and 4* (and later appeared in Supplement 04 Central Supply Catalogue).

For me all are logical extensions of what already exists and "fill gaps" rather than coming out of "left field" but are, of course, subject both to DM approval and in game availability.

*The original article being "Ironmongery Expanded" by Omer Golan Joel - link PM'd to the GM.

If approved I'm more than happy to retype all the stats required for use here and also share the links etc via PM.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#173 Post by Keven »

Tiglath wrote:John Lee is still with us and also Whistler(?) so there may be more funds for the buy in.

The skinsuits could be a collective purchase - maybe Edwardo can Broker for group discount by offering Sawhuffa interstellar trade! ;) :)
Anybody hear from John Lee & Whistler's players lately?
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#174 Post by Eris »

Keven wrote:
Tiglath wrote:John Lee is still with us and also Whistler(?) so there may be more funds for the buy in.

Anybody hear from John Lee & Whistler's players lately?
Eclipse (John Lee) has been absent since November...everywhere that I was once able to contact him. He hasn't replied to an email I sent him either. I'm worried about him.

Joe (Whistler) dropped out I NPC'ed him back to Regina, but he's not going to continue with the group.

At the moment we have:
Zaki (JR)
Carlos (Keven)
Pedro (Bruce)
Sigrun (Tiglith)
Edwardo (Nuke)
Chandra (Ffliz)
John Lee (NPC / Eclipse, if he comes back)

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#175 Post by Eris »

I've added the first of a few Equipment posts to the House Rules thread. The first was Armor & Personal Weapons. I

f you have proposed armor/weapons you'd like to add to the list tell me about them and I'll decide whether to add to the list or not.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by Tiglath »

Looks good! Thank you :)

Zaki’s Gauss SMG was on that “Ironmongery” sheet I forwarded - if it was approved.

I also found “Boarding Axe” in Central Supply Catalogue!

Axe, Boarding (TL 9): A modern version of the halberd with a short haft, the boarding axe is a combination of axe and spear for close assault work. Most have an optional spade head, which can be swapped for the axe in a few seconds. Damage 3d6+2 120Cr 2kg

The "Boarding Pistol" Sigrun was joking about is, of course, a sawn off side by side shotgun with a pistol grip. Should anyone want one!

And just a thought on the Zero G skill mentioned in the armour section. I believe this is the CES catch all for the “old skool” skills Vacc Suit and Zero G Cbt. So a few of us are really quite proficient at “Zero G” skill - presuming that the old skills add together.

Sigrun is Zero G 2 (Vacc Suit 1, Zero G Cbt 1), as is Carlos (Vacc Suit 2) while Pedro is king with Zero G 3 (Vacc-1, ZeroG-2).

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#177 Post by Tiglath »

Queries on House Rules Basic Ranged Combat Procedure

I assume taking "Aimed Fire" is the tariff neutral / default action per round.

Is there any benefit for consecutive actions/rounds spent aiming?

Equally any option and penalty for "snapshots" taking half a round? (These used to be at -2 in Snapshot/AHL).

[FWIW the old AHL Action Point costs used to be as follows: Aimed Fire 6AP, Snap Shot 3AP, Covering Fire 3AP, Throw Grenade 6AP. Snapshot used the same ratio for AP cost to actions].

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#178 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote:Queries on House Rules Basic Ranged Combat Procedure

I assume taking "Aimed Fire" is the tariff neutral / default action per round.

Is there any benefit for consecutive actions/rounds spent aiming?

Equally any option and penalty for "snapshots" taking half a round? (These used to be at -2 in Snapshot/AHL).

[FWIW the old AHL Action Point costs used to be as follows: Aimed Fire 6AP, Snap Shot 3AP, Covering Fire 3AP, Throw Grenade 6AP. Snapshot used the same ratio for AP cost to actions].
I moved Combat & Surprise to it's own post, hopefully to clarify things a bit.

1. No AHL or Snapshot AP's. There's noting wrong with AP systems for tactical combat, but I'm going for something a lot more simple...and loose. We're using a simplified "range" system. Every weapon has an "optimal" range and there are +/-DM's for attacking beyond or at very close ranges.

2. A full round of aiming will get you a +1 DM, longer probably won't get more, but depending upon your description of things you might get a +2. Firing while moving, or drawing/unslinging and firing in the same round will get you a negative DM...depending upon how you describe it I'll decide just how big a -DM...probably -0 to -3.

3. I'm trying not to codify every possible case. I'll assign DM's situationally, and on how players describe what they are trying to do.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by Tiglath »

Eris wrote: 3. I'm trying not to codify every possible case. I'll assign DM's situationally, and on how players describe what they are trying to do.
Cool! That's great and thank you. I agree re: APs they demand maps with grids and add complexity. I'm entirely happy with range bands, "theatre of the mind" and the DM calling (the DMs for) the shots! :)

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#180 Post by Keven »

All this is cool, but what are we doing in game?
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”