Re: OOG: Game

#301 Post by Tiglath »

Welcome aboard Monolith - looking forward to gaming with you! :D
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#302 Post by Eris »

I'm going to try to get a game post off tonight. If not tonight I'll shoot for tomorrow
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#303 Post by joertexas »

I redid Zaki's avatar:
Zaki Casual.jpg
Zaki Casual.jpg (101.79 KiB) Viewed 482 times
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#304 Post by Tiglath »

Fantastic!

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#305 Post by Eris »

Folks, my Mom died yesterday.

I'm going to put the game on pause until the first of August so I can deal with the things I need to deal with. Hopefully, I'll have the time and the mind to pick things up then. Take care and don't despair!
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#306 Post by Tiglath »

My deepest sympathy at this difficult time.

Take all the time you need.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#307 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:47 pm Folks, my Mom died yesterday.

I'm going to put the game on pause until the first of August so I can deal with the things I need to deal with. Hopefully, I'll have the time and the mind to pick things up then. Take care and don't despair!
I'm sorry, Eris. Take care and we will see you when you return.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#308 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:47 pm Folks, my Mom died yesterday.

So sorry. Hugs.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#309 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Sorry Eris! Our sympathies...Take all the time you need.
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#310 Post by Eris »

Thanks to everyone for the sympathies and condolences.

I was going to try to "come out strong" on the 1st, but I'm afraid it's going to be a slower restart than I wished for. There will be a game post this week for the dinner with the Baron and Baroness, but it won't be today.

Please, bear with me.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#311 Post by Tiglath »

Just take whatever time you need.

And sending all the very best your way. :)

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#312 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Take all the time you need, Eris;
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#313 Post by ffilz »

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Take care.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#314 Post by dmw71 »

Admin Note: I just want to check in on the status of this game as there hasn't been a post in over a month.

Are there plans to continue this one, or should it be archived? (Knowing it can be restored again in the future.)
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#315 Post by joertexas »

dmw71 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:28 am Admin Note: I just want to check in on the status of this game as there hasn't been a post in over a month.

Are there plans to continue this one, or should it be archived? (Knowing it can be restored again in the future.)
We're still kicking over here...
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#316 Post by Tiglath »

Yeah, it does that... but we're still wrigglin'... :)

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#317 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:04 am Yeah, it does that... but we're still wrigglin'... :)
Yeah, I can't seem to help but go on occasional "walk arounds" these days, but the game is still going.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#318 Post by terrymixon »

I've started getting some rewards and add-ons from supporting the Mongoose Traveller Journal of the Traveller's Aid Society 7-12 kickstarter. One of the add-ons I bought was the Deepnight Revelation adventure and it has me all intrigued. It would be a fun one to run, but so massive. It would litterally take lifetimes in PBeM. ;)

---

A grand 20 year campaign into deep space, commanding the exploration cruiser Deepnight Revelation.

The Deepnight Entity

It was alive when the stars were young. It saw the birth of galaxies, and it will see the death of the universe. It is growth and destruction; menace and saviour. It retreated into a prison of its own making, and there it waits. An exploration ship found the clues, and was destroyed. A researcher touched its mind, and was driven insane. What is it? We must know.

Deepnight Revelation

Deepnight Revelation, a former navy cruiser. Outfitted for the most stupendous mission in human history; a one-ship expedition along the Great Rift to the edge of the Spiral Arm. Deepnight Revelation will explore the uncharted systems along its path; contact unknown species and weather unpredictable dangers. At last we will stand before the gates to the Entity’s prison and demand entry. We will confront the Deepnight Entity and seek answers.

One Ship, Many Stories

There is a place for any Traveller aboard Deepnight Revelation; scientists and explorers, pilots and engineers, diplomats and rogues. There are mysteries to be unravelled, enemies to battle, and situations that require… unconventional… talents. The Travellers can take on any role they please, from humble research assistants to the mission’s commanders. The decisions they make will shape the course of the expedition – and perhaps the history of entire species.

Deepnight Revelation. A voyage beyond everything we know.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#319 Post by Tiglath »

I am aware of the adverts but I haven't bought it. Daunting indeed and for me so beyond the scope and scale of original Traveller as to better fit into a Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader game (you command a city sized spaceship exploring the stars). Of course no ideas are original and maybe this better fits the careers of those Term 5 or 6 Admirals that, perhaps unconvincingly, end up as passengers/deckhands on a Trader! :)

However, I have "Enemy of my Enemy" which likewise puts the PCs at the helm of a multi thousand ton warship touring District 268. Given that position the scenario offers absolutely no opposition to the PCs save folk who would immediately jump (which they could and should given the scenario and being outgunned more than ten to one! :roll: ) As written I was also immediately confounded by the rather opaque mission goals (which I felt the PCs might not even be aware of until after the fact) and rather left wondering what there was for them to actually do or achieve...

Both scenarios are clearly reaching for "epic" in scope but I wonder if that, in this "re-imagining" of Traveller scenarios, the writers have perhaps entirely misunderstood and overlooked the truly majestic compass of seven warriors defending a small village against bandits...

For a much more hands on and manageable abuse of power check the PbP campaigns on this site for my merc campaign in District 268! ;) :)

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#320 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:29 am I am aware of the adverts but I haven't bought it. Daunting indeed and for me so beyond the scope and scale of original Traveller as to better fit into a Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader game (you command a city sized spaceship exploring the stars). Of course no ideas are original and maybe this better fits the careers of those Term 5 or 6 Admirals that, perhaps unconvincingly, end up as passengers/deckhands on a Trader! :)

However, I have "Enemy of my Enemy" which likewise puts the PCs at the helm of a multi thousand ton warship touring District 268. Given that position the scenario offers absolutely no opposition to the PCs save folk who would immediately jump (which they could and should given the scenario and being outgunned more than ten to one! :roll: ) I was also immediately confounded by the rather opaque mission goals (which I felt the PCs might not even be aware of until after the fact) and rather left wondering what there was for them to actually do or achieve...

Both scenarios are clearly reaching for "epic" in scope but I wonder if that, in this "re-imagining" of Traveller scenarios, the writers have perhaps entirely misunderstood and overlooked the truly majestic compass of seven warriors defending a small village against bandits...

For a much more hands on and manageable abuse of power check the PbP campaigns on this site for my merc campaign in District 268! ;) :)
I think it being so different was what attracted me. Grand exploration where the players really do have no idea what they'll find as the cross sector after sector. A lot of freedom in something like that.

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”