Action Thread 4

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 4

#41 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 3:50am

Sounds like a signal to me!

While the party talks, Ogre’s wounds close up magically and he looks like a new man. A couple of fleas actually jump off his head screaming tiny little screams. He walks up to the door as Freda and Eljay get their torches ready. Elwita pops off the oil tops with her thumbs and, sweat moistening her beard, nods grimly to Ogre.

Ogre rips open what’s left of the door and your shorings from previously, and steps aside as Elwita runs, thumpingly, into the room. The meeping grew louder as Ogre quickly rips down the door, but then stops when Elwita rushes in. Elwita is in and apparently free and clear when eight humanoid bodies jump from above. Because of the hesitation they do not jump on Elwita, nor are they looking at the door or behind them in any way. Your plan somehow worked… well, as long as you count the whole Elwita separated from the party by eight nasties bit as “worked”.

Eljayess must worship the “God o’ the Dice” and made the right supplications. ;) Dave I need to know where Elwita has run to in the room. She was quick enough, and they were surprised enough, that she could be anywhere. Then we get into Round 1, and yes the rest of the party gets the advantage of rear attacks. Please actions and corresponding rolls for what you'd like to do. Yes, roll a d20 for the oil :D

HPs: Elwita - 33/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 16/20 ; Freda - 39/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 16/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (3 hours, 41 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch (lit, 60 minutes), Torch (lit, 60 minutes), Torch (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#42 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:...and, sweat moistening her beard, nods grimly to Ogre.

ew.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#43 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Your plan somehow worked… well, as long as you count the whole Elwita separated from the party by eight nasties bit as “worked”.
That was exactly my plan. :D

Elwita is pleased when she reaches the far side of the room, near the door in the northern wall. She turns and notices the beasts fall from above and separate her from her companions... as expected. So far, so good she thinks to herself. "Come'n get me!" she growls at the creatures before her. Without waiting for them to comply, and with the flasks already opened, Elwita attempts to douse the collection of opponents in oil.

To hit with oil [1d20] = 15 <-- unmodified roll. I'm not sure what, if any adjustments would apply
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#44 Post by Alethan »

Lit torch in hand, Freda motions for Eljay to follow her and trails the ghouls chasing after Elwita.

When the time is appropriate (ummm... after they are doused in oil?), Freda will launch her lit torch into the mass of hopefully oil-soaked ghouls.

To Hit, Missile (THAC014) [1d20+3] = 12+3 = 15

(That might be further adjusted, depending on what the gloves do... not sure yet.)

"Surround them!" she hollers to the others as she readies her sword and shield in anticipation of having to fight the rest.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by tkrexx »

As soon as he can enter the room, and the party begins to surround the Ghouls, Phanstern will throw his oil flask into their midst. Hopefully there will already be fire there. He will then back off and ready the vials of Holy Water.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#47 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett sheathes his sword and readies his sling.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#48 Post by acererak »

Ogre emits a series of huffs and snarls as he charges towards the ghouls. Im taking these beasts to hell with me He swings his sword with all his might, his restored health and new shield giving him confidence.

To hit roll 17+4= 21 ( 23 with rear attack bonus) . Damage roll if attack successful 2+ 6=8, second attack for weapon spec 9+4=13 (15 rear) damage roll: 8+6=14
Last edited by acererak on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#49 Post by dmw71 »

acererak wrote:Ogre emits a series of huffs and snarls as he charges towards the ghouls. Im taking these beasts to hell with me He swings his sword with all his might, his restored health and new shield giving him confidence.

To hit roll 17+4= 21 . Damage roll if attack successful 2+ 6=8
ooc: Just a reminder that Ogre is specialized with his long sword. With this being round one (odd), you should get two attacks this round and may want to roll the second one in advance. Ron, the DM, can then just apply it at the end of the round.

"I don't have to worry about the specialization extra attacks, as they come on the odd rounds"
-- Project --
-- DM --

acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#50 Post by acererak »

dm, thanks for the heads up, I added second attack for weapon spec and I also forgot about the rear attack bonus if its going to be applicable

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 3:51am
Surprise Round (for the undead), and Beginning of Round 1

Okay, I think I’ve got it at this point.

Elwita hits with her oil (Dave roll 2d4 for me), Blodgett can get off one sling bullet before there are friendlies in the way (but that will delay him being able to enter the room) and Ogre gets off his first attack. I’ll need someone to roll initiative so that we can determine the rest of the round. Kayen will enter last, with long sword drawn. Delgath waits in the doorway, with Blodgett and Eljayess, his thumb over the nuke button on his wand just in case. Everyone else I’m assuming has entered the room.

Elwita turns and taunts her enemies as she douses them with oil. Thanking the gods that she was able to act quicker than is normal for a dwarf in the first part of this enterprise. And thankful again as she sees both oil flasks emptying on the bad guys.

Her thankfulness abated somewhat, as the bad guys do not seem to fear Eljayess’s conviction to turn them with her holy symbol. But as luck would have it, she is overjoyed to see Ogre slice one to the ground with his sword.

Ogre allows but a second for a celebratory smile. He has vanquished one enemy, but he knows that the next one is likely to be aflame when he attacks it!

Freda is adding fire to the party; Phanstern needs to roll a d20 for his oil (don’t worry about rolling 1d4, you’re just adding fuel to the fire).

I do not need another attack from Ogre, I’ve got his attack for the round. I do need rolls for Blodgett’s sling and Phanstern’s oil. This is very interesting, nicely executed plan, and some good rolls.

HPs: Elwita - 33/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 16/20 ; Freda - 39/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 16/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (3 hours, 41 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (lit, 59 minutes), Torch - Freda (lit, 59 minutes), Torch (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#52 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:(Dave roll 2d4 for me)
Targets hit with oil? [2d4] = 6

So far, so good. Elwita thinks to herself. Now things get serious. Elwita tosses the now empty flasks of oil aside and readies her hammer, awaiting her chance to attack.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#53 Post by Alethan »

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by tkrexx »

[1d20] = 8 +3 for dex = 11

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 3:52am
Round 1

Bad guys initiative[1d6] = 1

Adding fire and more oil causes the bad guys to flame up good. At first it doesn't seem to stop them, and you worry that there will be flamed up baddies attacking you, but soon after that thought, 6 of them crumble to the ground.

The last bad guy standing makes a quite ineffective swipe at the dwarf, who is surprised to see a long sword slice it from it's shoulder almost all the way through it's torso. As it falls, she sees Ogre standing there, pulling his sword from the last, somewhat crispy, bad guy.

A quick look around and you realize that you did this whole thing quickly, and with a minimum of noise. But there is a billowing of acrid smoke, starting to disapate into the second level of ruins above you. It quickly dies down to the normal level of somewhat acrid air, with a smoke smell to it anyway. You remember seeing watch fires on the roof, and orcs aren't known for cleanliness or worrying about fire indoors.

Sheesh, that was a much different result than last time.

Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (3 hours, 41 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (lit, 58 minutes), Torch - Freda (burnt with undead), Torch (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#56 Post by Alethan »

OOC: Because we actually had a plan.

Freda breathes a sigh of relief.

"Let's move quickly and quietly in case anyone comes to investigate the smoke."

acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#57 Post by acererak »

Ogre wipes his blade clean ( he keeps the sword cleaner than himself) and gets ready to move with the others. He hands Eljayess back her shield and readies his own.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#58 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett sighs with relief. He puts his sling away and brings out his short sword, ready to proceed.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#59 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Freda breathes a sigh of relief.
ooc: Don't breathe in too deeply. ;)

"Alright, everyone, through this door. Quickly!" Elwita orders as she opens the door in the northern wall. As she passes through it, she turns and directs the last one through to close the door behind them.

The group will go the northern door, down the western corridor and assemble at the foot of the stairway leading up.

"Blodgett, you're welcome to come along, but I want to check to see what's at the top of these stairs before blindly sending the whole party up." Elwita will give Blodgett a moment to consider. "The rest of you, make sure that you're all prepared. Keep watch down both sides of the corridor."

With that, Elwita begins to slowly, and as quietly as she can in her metal armor, make her way up the stairs. ooc: If Blodgett is coming, Elwita will allow him to take the lead himself or follow her, his choice.
-- Project --
-- DM --

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by tkrexx »

Bringing up the rear, Phanstern whispers, We will need to locate more oil soon.

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”