Action Thread 4

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 4

#101 Post by hedgeknight »

Dredd pulls a torch from his pack, gets out flint and steel, and lights it. He moves to the bend in the corridor and waits to take up his position with the rest of the group...
Winter is coming...

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#102 Post by dmw71 »

"A'right," Elwita grumbles. "I'ma check ahead a bit, but ready yerself to press on."

Elwita will round the corner and make her way down the corridor heading east. She is careful to watch for any unnatural cracks, grooves or patterns in the floor as she makes her way. Her plan is to inspect the alcove in the southern wall and, afterwards peek around the turn as the passage continues to the north.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 5:04am

Elwita heads down the quiet hallway. Now that the torches and lantern is up, you can all see is deserted. You watch her take a quick peek in the alcove and then move to the where the hall turns and slowly peek around the corner.

PM sent.

HPs: Elwita - 33/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 16/20 ; Freda - 39/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 16/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (2 hours, 45 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (lit, 60 minutes), Torch - Freda (burnt with undead), Torch (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#104 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Elwita heads down the quiet hallway. Now that the torches and lantern is up, you can all see is deserted. You watch her take a quick peek in the alcove and then move to the where the hall turns and slowly peek around the corner.
Elwita returns a few moments later.

"Dar's an alcove 'round da bend wit' some barrels, but I didn't bother wit'em. Da passage turns north an dar's a flight of stairs leadin' inta a small room. Dar's a pile of rubbish -- clothes maybe? -- dat's givin' off some heat."

She pauses, giving the group a moment to absorb the information.

"Not sure what's there, but no good is found hidin' in garbage where I come from... could be a hidin' slave, though, I suppose. I didn't want to ruin surprise so I didn't call out."
-- Project --
-- DM --

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by tkrexx »

Perhaps the barrels contain oil? Phanstern wonders aloud.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#106 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett squeaks I think we should steer clear of the warm pile of rubbish. I don't want to encounter more undead!
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#107 Post by Alethan »

Freda smiles and reminds Blodgett that undead aren't warm.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#108 Post by dmw71 »

ToniXX wrote:Blodgett squeaks "I think we should steer clear of the warm pile of rubbish. I don't want to encounter more undead!"
"Dat was my first thought, too." Elwita admits. "I figure we could gain surprise, though, and, if necessary, get a volley of ranged attacks in before whatever it is could engage us."
-- Project --
-- DM --

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#109 Post by Nuke66 »

"So, move forward, or turn around again. How 'bout we just go forward.. I'll lead iffin you like." Eljayess starts towards the front of the group.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#110 Post by saalaria »

Dredd continues to hold the torch aloft whilst the group decides a way forward.

"our alternative is the courtyard is it not? I think we should exhaust the possibilities inside before potentially revealing ourselves to those guards outside"

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#111 Post by Vargr1105 »

Kayen agrees.

"That would be wise. The longer we can make use of stealth and keep the enemy unaware of our presence here, the better."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#112 Post by dmw71 »

Nuke66 wrote:"So, move forward, or turn around again. How 'bout we just go forward.. I'll lead iffin you like." Eljayess starts towards the front of the group.
"Bah." Elwita shrugs. "Who said anythin' 'bout turnin' round? " She surveys the group, studying their visible possessions. "Ah just sayin', those of you wit ranged weapons, have 'em ready. I'ma check it out."

She looks to Eljayess. "If you wanna come wit me, let's go." she directs. "Da rest of you, follow behind."

MO: Elwita, Eljayess, Freda, Ogre, Blodgett, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen

Elwita will stow her hammer in favor of her crossbow, making sure to have a bolt readied. She leads Eljayess and group down the hallway to the flight of stairs in question. Step by step she slowly begins making her way down the stairway, she pauses about two-thirds of the way down and points to the pile of rubbish she detected that is giving off some heat, allowing Eljayess an opportunity to get a read on it. Her crossbow raised, aimed at the pile, she continues her descent, pausing once she's a step from the bottom allowing her group mates a chance to ready themselves. Without taking her eyes off the pile, she listens for the activity behind her settle, signaling to her that the group behind her is ready.

Two more steps and she's in the room and, with her back against the wall, she slides to the left waiving Eljayess to follow her and for Freda and Ogre to split off to the right. The rest of the group, led by Blodgett will remain readied on the stairs.

Once everyone is in place, Elwita will carefully approach the pile in the center of the room. In her normal speaking voice: "Identify yourself." she demands of whatever is hiding within the pile.
-- Project --
-- DM --

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern stays in the stairwell with the rest, but tries to peer around in search of these barrels.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#114 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljayess follows closely, trying to use she heat seeker senses, entering the room. Spear poised and ready, she looks to back Elwita.

"Ready when you are."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by rredmond »

And we'll start a new thread here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=654
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”