Action Thread 4

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 4

#62 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 4:00am

I think most of you have posted. I'm prepared for my 9:30a meeting so I can update this :) .

Moving quickly but cautiously the party makes their way, in their marching order, and unhindered, to the stairway. Elwita goes up the stairs to take a peek at what might be there.

PM sent.

HPs: Elwita - 33/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 16/20 ; Freda - 39/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 16/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (3 hours, 33 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (lit, 50 minutes), Torch - Freda (burnt with undead), Torch (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#63 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Moving quickly but cautiously the party makes their way, in their marching order, and unhindered, to the stairway. Elwita goes up the stairs to take a peek at what might be there.
A short while later, Elwita can be heard making her way back down the stairs. She stops while still on the second step.

"Alright," she starts. "At the top of the stairs is what used to be a door. Beyond the door is what used to be a room. The floor of the room is almost completely missing and, as far as I can tell, there are three ways to cross. A crumbling section of floor clings to the left wall, which appears to be the least safe. What looks like a long, plank stretches across the center of the floorless room, almost like a narrow bridge, which might work. On the right wall, a more sturdy section of floor remains."

"Let's make our way up there and we can decide how to proceed. Everyone, follow me." she says as she turns and begins making her way back up the staircase.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by rredmond »

I'm just going to update the map in the map thread: viewtopic.php?p=10643#p10643 and add a picture here for all to see. I want to allow for discussion when everyone gets up to the top of the stairs... of course there are a lot of you, so who gets to get to the top will determine who sees this :) .
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (123.53 KiB) Viewed 1927 times
This is Room #4 on the map.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by tkrexx »

What is that black goo down there? Brethren, I smell a trap.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#66 Post by dmw71 »

tkrexx wrote:What is that black goo down there? Brethren, I smell a trap.
ooc: I think it's actually just darkness. The way it was described to me, it's a 30' drop to the cellar floor.

Which is not to say that this area can't still be trapped.
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by rredmond »

Darkness and debris are down on the cellar floor. But considering you can't see much of the actual floor...

acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#68 Post by acererak »

Ogre is willing to walk down the center plank if a few people will tie a rope around him and hold him in case he plummets. If the thing will hold me it should hold anyone.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#69 Post by dmw71 »

acererak wrote:Ogre is willing to walk down the center plank if a few people will tie a rope around him and hold him in case he plummets. If the thing will hold me it should hold anyone.
"Freda should have some rope for you." Elwita states as she turns to look to Freda to confirm.

"I'm liking this wider passage over here," she says, indicating the wider passage off to the right. "It would allow us all to move more quickly, and will also be safer for the last person to cross." she pauses, "But I won't stop you from trying your balancing act across the center beam." she finishes with a rough smile.

Elwita moves over and begins to closely examine the passage on the right. She makes slow progress, looking side-to-side for uneven grades or cracks in the floor which might indicate some sort of trap. As she inspects, she steps into the area she covered assuming it's safe.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#70 Post by Alethan »

Freda nods and pulls her rope out of her pack, handing it to Ogre to tie around his waist.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by hedgeknight »

Hanging back only for a few seconds, Dredd climbs the stairs and after taking a look at the room, slips around the doorway to the sturdier looking right side. He only goes a couple of feet, just enough to get out of everyone's way.
"I have a spell in case you should fall, Ogre. If you want, I can cast it on you."
Winter is coming...

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#72 Post by dmw71 »

hedgeknight wrote:Hanging back only for a few seconds, Dredd climbs the stairs and after taking a look at the room, slips around the doorway to the sturdier looking right side. He only goes a couple of feet, just enough to get out of everyone's way.
Elwita interrupts her inspection at the arrival of Dredd. "What do you think, Dredd? You think this'll hold up if we try to pass, or might there be something unexpected to consider?" she asks.
-- Project --
-- DM --

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by hedgeknight »

Dredd sighs and looks nervous. "I wouldn't trust the beam or anything else in this room. Are there any tracks in here where others have crossed? If so, that would give me some more confidence. Also what is in the pit...I wonder?
Winter is coming...

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#74 Post by dmw71 »

hedgeknight wrote:Also what is in the pit...I wonder?[/color]
"A floor." Elwita offers slyly.
-- Project --
-- DM --

acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#75 Post by acererak »

hedgeknight wrote:Hanging back only for a few seconds, Dredd climbs the stairs and after taking a look at the room, slips around the doorway to the sturdier looking right side. He only goes a couple of feet, just enough to get out of everyone's way.
"I have a spell in case you should fall, Ogre. If you want, I can cast it on you."
Ogre's not the smartest or the wisest, but he's not one to be afraid of magic offered by a friend. Sure thing double D. I just figured the piece of wood will make less noise crashing down then the rest of the ceiling. I don't trust any of it. All this thinking is hurting Ogre's brain as he scratches his armpit.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by hedgeknight »

Dredd rolls his eyes at Elwita's remark and then pulls a tiny golden wire fashioned into the shape of a cup from his spell pouch. He stands behind Ogre and touches the fighter on the shoulder with it while chanting softly:

A tiny cup of golden wire
Bear me up or down...as I desire.

The golden wire cup shimmers and dissolves into nothing over Ogre's shoulder and back. Dredd pats him and says, "Now, if you slip or the beam breaks, you have the power to levitate up or down. If worst comes to worst, you could levitate up and pull yourself along the ceiling. It's a very useful spell!" Dredd says with a smile.
Winter is coming...

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#77 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljayess looks around for the most commonly used path, based on any tracks, or lack thereof.

acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#78 Post by acererak »

Ogre will hand his pack and shield to whomever is willing to hold it. Then he will carefully proceed along the beam, slowly walking and looking forward.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#79 Post by Vargr1105 »

acererak wrote:Ogre will hand his pack and shield to whomever is willing to hold it. Then he will carefully proceed along the beam, slowly walking and looking forward.
Kayen

"Here, I will hold them for you." says the elfin spellsword as he extends his hands and takes Ogre's equipment, "Good luck, my friend."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 4:20am

Elwita moves forward to check the passage to the right as Ogre get’s a rope tied around his waist and gets a spell cast on him. Eljayess casts about looking for tracks or anything that may help them, but the place is dusty and unused, and other than a bunch of foot prints in dust right at this edge, none seem to go across any which way.

Kayen takes Ogre’s things as he steps on to the board across the center. Elwita is finding her path pretty secure and is already moving across, being about 12’ across.

Ogre steps on to the board and feels secure, it’s about 1.5 to 2 feet wide, but the darn thing wobbles slightly as he steps. Both he and Elwita move slowly. Another couple of steps and Ogre’s wood pathway creaks and groans and some plaster and ash fall from where the ends are stabilized.

Ogre is about a third of the way on the board, it doesn’t seem to be collapsing, though the dusting of ashy plaster is distracting. Elwita is about halfway across paying attention to her way as well as a bit to Ogres. Then…

Elwita needs to roll a d6 and Ogre needs to roll a d20. Time updated above and consumables updated below.

HPs: Elwita - 33/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 16/20 ; Freda - 39/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 16/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (3 hours, 13 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (lit, 30 minutes), Torch - Freda (burnt with undead), Torch (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 Levitate – 40 minutes: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”