Action Thread 4

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Action Thread 4

#1 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 3:32am

Elwita hears nothing at the door.

Just checking that you are all going in as per the MO.

HPs: Elwita - 33/50; Ogre - 17/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 16/20 ; Freda - 39/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 16/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (3 hours, 54 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 4

#2 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Elwita hears nothing at the door.
Elwita motions for Freda to join her at the end of the north-south hallway. "I don't hear anything beyond the door --" she says in a low voice while motioning to the door just around the turn. "Me and you, let's go check it out."

She turns to the rest of the group: "Ogre, Freda and I are going to make sure that room is still secure. You stand in front, keeping the group behind this turn... but be prepared in case we run into anything."

Elwita and Freda round the turn and approach the door leading into the previously cleared out room (#3). "You want the honors?" Elwita asks when it comes time to open the door.

rredmond wrote:Just checking that you are all going in as per the MO.
I think, for now, we will go with the revised marching order proposed here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=443&p=12070#p12066
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by Alethan »

Freda listens at the door, first, to see if she can hear anything that Elwita couldn't...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#4 Post by Alethan »

err... sorry. Forgot my roll.

Stop! Hey! What's that Sound? [1d6] = 1

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#5 Post by Alethan »

Freda holds her hand up for silence. She places her ear against an opening in the door and listens quietly for a minute.

She backs away from the door, shaking her head.

"I hear meeping and rustling coming from above. I think it's our ghoulish friends, and they're playing the same card they played before. So before we open the door, let's plan what we're going to do. We need Eljay up front, to see if she can do some clerical magic with them..."

(...thus bringing all THREE women up to the front of the group... muahahahahahaha)

"... and then we need to figure out the best way to fight the ones she can't turn - either create a choking point or start with throwing oil just past the doorway to light up later, or..." she shrugs, "Something different than running in there like lambs for the slaughter."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#6 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:So before we open the door, let's plan what we're going to do. We need Eljay up front, to see if she can do some clerical magic with them... and then we need to figure out the best way to fight the ones she can't turn
Elwita nods in silent affirmation before motioning for Freda to join her as she makes her way back towards the turn in order to join up with the rest of the party.

"Those blasted abominations are still there." Elwita sighs as she relays the information to the rest of the party. "Plan of action." she states. "Let's have one."

"Eljayess, do you think you could have the same affect Karraway had on these things? Because we're damn well gonna need it!" Thinking back to their previous encounter, Elwita attempts to recall the events that transpired. "Karraway managed to get rid of a lot of those things, didn't he? We may actually be outnumbered, or darn close to it." Elwita shakes her head as if in disbelief.

"How many of you have torches? Oil? We're going to have to pull out all stops here so if anyone else has any suggestions..." she trails off.
-- Project --
-- DM --

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern shakes his head sadly. I have one pint of oil left, and I have doubts of any of my mystics affecting those horrid creatures.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljayess moves up front, and answers the question. "I can give it a try, though Karraway was a bit more of a cleric than I. Using the door as a choke point is a good idea, but it works both ways, we will also be limited. If we are outnumbered, I'd say use it, if not, we should just rush them. I hate undead, it would do the world good to dispatch them."

With that, she hoists her new shield and holy symbol and steels her nerves.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#9 Post by dmw71 »

"Ah, ha!" Elwita exclaims, before realizing her exuberance probably wasn't the greatest idea and quiets herself.

"Freda, did the noise you heard sound like it's coming from within the room, or beyond it?" Elwita asks more quietly. "Because I just had an idea... let's just get around them."

She pauses for a moment, letting the idea sink in.

"I can think of a couple ways we could potentially do this. She raises a stubby index finger to indicate her first thought. "We've been in that room before. We know there's another door in the room, on the far wall where we're trying to reach. We could try to think of some way to distract them long enough where we could sneak past them. Or...." she raises a second stubby finger. "My second idea involves this --" she hoists her hammer in front of her "-- and another strategically placed hole in the wall." She continues excitedly. "I would need help getting over the wall again, but once I got back into the courtyard, who's to say I couldn't make my way through the courtyard and create a new hole north of the room we're standing outside of now?"

She stops, then begins reciting the steps verbally, trying to test her theory:
"We block off this southern door into the room now --
Blodgett. Ogre. You two help me get over the wall again --
Once inside the courtyard, Blodgett and Ogre return here --
I make my way north of the room they're in --
I blast my way into the hallway north of their room --
I secure the northern door to that room as well --
They're trapped.
"

Elwita nods, as if she's convinced herself.

"Sure, I'll make a little noise -- again -- but I think it'll work. What do you guys think?"
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#10 Post by Alethan »

"The noise was coming from above. If you remember, they were on the upper, burned out level and they jumped down from above to attack."

She listens to Elwita's plan quietly and considers it.

"Well... the hole we originally made was removing a plaster wall, not a stone one. As far as I remember, all of the courtyard walls were stone. It's going to take more time than we have to make a big enough hole in a stone wall for all of us to get through. Plus, I think that's likely to draw more attention to ourselves than we want. Remember, this is supposed to be a stealth mission."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#11 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:"Well... the hole we originally made was removing a plaster wall, not a stone one. As far as I remember, all of the courtyard walls were stone.
"Aye... that's right." Elwita sighs dejectedly. "Is it worth inspecting the other courtyard walls to see if there are any vulnerable spots?
Alethan wrote:Plus, I think that's likely to draw more attention to ourselves than we want. Remember, this is supposed to be a stealth mission."[/dialog]
"I understand what you're saying, but --" Elwita taps the metal breastplate of her plate mail. "-- stealth is not exactly my forté. Nor Ogre's. Nor Eljayess'. Nor Kayen's. Nor yours, for that matter. Not to mention the attention we'll attract to our group by engaging in combat."

"Inspecting the courtyard for other vulnerabilities, I guess, isn't completely off the table, but does anyone else have any ideas how we get through or around this room?"
-- Project --
-- DM --

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by Nuke66 »

"If, and that's a big if, I can turn them, perhaps we can just go through the other door and secure it behind us. But we may end up fighting our way through."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern figits a bit. Perhaps if they couldn't see us... I wonder how well their eyes serve them in fog?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#14 Post by Alethan »

Freda ponders the fog idea for a bit.

"Would we be able to see through it? Or, if it didn't work, would we be fighting them in fog where we couldn't see, either?"

acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#15 Post by acererak »

Ogre listens to everyone speaking. He grunts intermittenly as the others make their points.
Well if we're trying not to attract attention to ourselves firing the damn things up might be out of the question. Smashing holes in walls is probably out to. Let's open the damn door and have at these things.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#16 Post by dmw71 »

acererak wrote:Ogre listens to everyone speaking. He grunts intermittenly as the others make their points.
Well if we're trying not to attract attention to ourselves firing the damn things up might be out of the question. Smashing holes in walls is probably out to. Let's open the damn door and have at these things.
"Ogre, my friend, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but don't you remember what those things did to you the last time we tried what you're suggesting?"

ooc: For your benefit acererak, here is how the original player controlling Ogre approached this room:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=445&start=40#p7400

Reading from there, you can see that there were some pretty serious consequences... which, I'm sure, is why we're still trying to figure out the best way to approach this room.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#17 Post by dmw71 »

tkrexx wrote:Perhaps if they couldn't see us... I wonder how well their eyes serve them in fog?
"Good thinkin' indeed, but I fear I share Freda's concerns with that approach as well. I suspect we'd all be blind."

Elwita is growing increasingly frustrated with the situation. "Blast it all to Hades!" she curses, louder than she intended.

"A'right, let's think 'bout this for a second. Beyond this room are stairs which lead up." she calmly says aloud, but almost as if talking to herself. "Maybe sending me back to the courtyard wouldn't be such a bad idea. Maybe I could find a way to get us onto the second level without using that stairwell?"
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 3:42am

Still quiet. No monsters appear to be wandering around at this point...

;)

HPs: Elwita - 33/50; Ogre - 17/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 16/20 ; Freda - 39/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 16/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (3 hours, 44 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#19 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Still quiet.
ooc: Except for Elwita, you mean. ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by rredmond »

dmw71 wrote:
rredmond wrote:Still quiet.
ooc: Except for Elwita, you mean. ;)
Heh, wasn't sure how to denote the clatter of the DMs dice, without freaking folks out that there be bones playing undead beyond this point.

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”