Expedition Planning Discussions

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition Planning Discussions

#561 Post by Marullus »

I mean... Fingers CAN bring along Alyse to Knock doors and use the crystal ball. :) Just don't get her killed.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#562 Post by Zhym »

I didn't know that. I thought maybe she had signed up to keep the shop but not to go adventuring.

But if she did go along, who would mind the store? Or would Fingers just close up the shop and leave a sign on the door saying, "GONE FISHIN' FOR TREASURE?"

Since she'd basically be along as a door-opener and scryer with no real offensive skills, another option would be to have her scribe some knock scrolls at a cost of 100 gp each. Fingers could hold on to them and let whatever MU comes along use one of the scrolls when needed (he'd probably not want to let an MU copy the spell, to avoid competition with his services).

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#563 Post by Marullus »

She's a retainer - you can bring her along or have her mind he shop at your discretion. (The shop would close for the Autumn.) Occasionally adventuring with your retainers is how they gain XP for levels, improving their ability to serve. ;) Scribing the scroll and letting Idriss cast it (and use the crystal ball) is also entirely viable.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#564 Post by Zhym »

I think we're more or less set for a return trip to Markd's new kingdom—close enough for an expedition thread to be set up, anyway. We've got Fingers, Alyse (NPC), Markd, and Idriss, right? Is Bandy coming along again?

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#565 Post by onlyme »

Heigst? And any other fighter type available? while Markd is amazing, he could always use some help...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#566 Post by Zhym »

D'oh! I forgot Hengist! Yes, I hope he's with us, too.

And I'm definitely open to bringing more people along. Fighters, clerics, magic-users, whoever (except that Fingers doesn't get along with priests of Gwanwyn. He has a problem with the animal sacrifice thing). Losing Winnie means we also lost our source of invisibility spells, but I don't know if there's a good way to fix that.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#567 Post by Spearmint »

Halfpint expedition to the forest thread is opened. Any characters willing to join please post in the thread. Thank you.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#568 Post by Zhym »

I'm in. I'm just not sure which PC, yet. Pendleton? Clint? Olaf? Does anyone have an opinion? It doesn't sound like the group need more fighters, though. What it really needs is a cleric, maybe.

Hm. I could roll up a brand new druid of Beith, I suppose...

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#569 Post by onlyme »

A cleric is always useful. But if not, I would say whichever one you need to get XP for...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#570 Post by Zhym »

They're all fairly mid to high level at this point. Pendleton needs money and spells. For Olaf and Clint, it's less about money or XP than Doing Good Deeds. Olaf in the forest is always fun, what with his thing about trees.

But a druid...hm.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#571 Post by Zhym »

I rolled up a druid for Halfpint's expedition.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#572 Post by onlyme »

awesome.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#573 Post by Spearmint »

Approved. Post in the Halfpint expedition forum.

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#574 Post by rossik »

guys, sorry, im lost again. so many subforuns!

I would like to join Halfpint expedition. What should i do first? create a character and post here? talk to the DM (who?). just post my intended character here?
(also, for creating a new one, i would have to have a new campaign ID? or i can use the same i had?)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#575 Post by Zhym »

Traditionally, the process has been to just say you're joining and boom you're in—no approval needed. Well, technically the expedition leader needs to let you in, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone say no.

That seems to be changing with the sub-DM setup, maybe. Spearmint has talked about an expedition getting "full" and just said that my addition to Halfpint's expedition was "approved," so I'm not sure if we're still able to join expeditions at will or if some DMs will restrict who can join. But historically, it's just been a matter of signing up and going.

That's assuming you have the character ready, of course. If you want to go on the expedition with a new character, you should roll up the character (the instructions for that are here) and introduce it in the Rogues Gallery. You should probably also post in the Census of Faith. You can also do some RP in whatever game location you want beforehand, but that's not mandatory. And, really, if you're in a rush, people have gotten away with just rolling the PC and joining an expedition (but posting in the Rogues Gallery and Census of Faith is still encouraged and appreciated).

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#576 Post by rossik »

can i use the same ID for the game?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#577 Post by Zhym »

Yup. You pretty much have to for it to work. :)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#578 Post by Zhym »

hedgeknight wrote:Casper tries to keep his mouth closed while Wilhelm speaks of the evil tome. Once done, the priest of Gwanwen says,"I wish it destroyed. Perhaps I can ask the head of my church to do so, but since the means is close..." he nods toward the volcanic peak. Casper turns to the faces who accompanied him to see the sage.
"Which of you will help me destroy this evil tome?"
When Casper gets around to asking in the tavern (or somewhere else in public), Clint would be all about destroying an evil book.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#579 Post by hedgeknight »

Foxy had a good point > Baxtaw has one of the evil tomes (which Casper doesn't know about), and another evil item that needs to be destroyed. If Casper can convince him to join the quest > assuming we survive the wolfwere expedition > then that's three of us in the group already! ;)
Winter is coming...

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#580 Post by Stirling »

Foxy still has an interest in westward exploration beyond the city of Zhint and the blighted Abyss. More needs to be discovered and it lies on the fringe of the dwarven Kingdom. I was thinking of Foxy trying to explore further west via a trip to the dwarf hold of Verdun.

Any takers (and a DM in the absence of Rusty?)..

Return to “Lab Lord: The North Marches”