Expedition Planning Discussions

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Expedition Planning Discussions

#601 Post by Faanku »

I can roll up someone, I only have the one character atm.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#602 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Faanku wrote:I can roll up someone, I only have the one character atm.
That's all I have as well as i retired character #2 I'm finding for me in this game it is a bit more difficult for me to keep track of multiple PC's in the same game on different expeditions. Not to mention that I am in a few other games on this site/community. But maybe If needed I can roll another character but it might be a week before i do that. Possibly just a human character.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#603 Post by Marullus »

Zhym wrote:I'd still like to get someone in on the "Aid to the Dwarf King" goblin party. I'm just trying to figure out whether it would make more sense to roll up yet another new PC, or send in Clint or Olaf knowing that they're probably too high of a level for the mission.

Or I could try to gather a new group with either of them and go somewhere else, I guess.

Anyone have thoughts or advice?
Honestly, I would prefer to see Olaf or Clint lead a separate group. (I would like to see an all new party as Enoch starts out.) Olaf has the job of clearing out goblins in the hills? Or he could hunt the white dragons down that were previously spotted in the mountains, before the snows come and they descend on the villages.

I will think what Clint would do - there are a few options in the Yoldessi Plains.

I encourage people to have as many characters as they think they can handle for as many expeditions as the sub-DMs want to run. If Olaf is running a second quest under Enoch and Stirling is okay to run a third quest for Clint, then both can recruit PCs or NPCs.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#604 Post by Zhym »

If Enoch is okay running two expeditions at once, that seems like a good opportunity for either Olaf or Clint.

I'll roll up a new PC for the goblin party. It looks pretty balanced at the moment: a dwarf, a cleric, and an MU. Maybe it needs an elf or a thief?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#605 Post by Marullus »

There's also potentially an elf. It could always use more dwarves or clerics. :)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#606 Post by Zhym »

I already have a dwarf and a cleric. I don't want to get my own PCs confused. :)

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#607 Post by rossik »

Marullus wrote:There's also potentially an elf. It could always use more dwarves or clerics. :)

one can always use more dwarves :D

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#608 Post by Zhym »

I dunno, it seems like there’s been an influx of dwarves lately. I’m not sure I’m all that interested in adding yet another one, especially when I have another dwarf already that would be on the bench.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#609 Post by Zhym »

I'm now waffling between elf, halfling, and maybe thief. There may already be an elf, but you can't have too many spell casters at early levels, especially against goblins. Thieves are always useful. And every group of adventuring dwarves needs a hobbit along. ;)

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#610 Post by Karaunios »

I rolled a magic user but I'm not sure if I want to go with it. He got a really bad roll and I don't really have the time or energy to go now through the heirloom thing. Would rather roll up a new one of just to avoid that (I don't care about bad stats, to be honest).

This is a question to ask of you, also to Marullus, what should/can I do?

Maybe rolling a cleric to join the goblin expedition would be an option? Seems like it'd be of help.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#611 Post by Zhym »

How bad is the MU? Bad rolls aren't that bad in old-school Basic. They have a little more of an effect in this game, what with all the house rules, but weak characters can still be lots of fun to play.

But Marullus is pretty easy about character rolling:
Marullus wrote:Players are encouraged to use the initial roll, and rewarded if they accept a low result (see below). Players are permitted to re-roll by clicking "Nay" if there is a specific concept desired. Remember, no roll is perfect and flaws are fun to play, too. Pick a set and move forward.
Basically, going with whatever you roll is more in the old-school Basic spirit, but if you hate the rolls you get, you can just roll again.

Alternately, here's an easy way to spend 4,001 item XP, assuming the MU's stats are that low: pick two more first-level spells for the MU's spellbook (or one second-level spell).

That said, clerics are always helpful.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#612 Post by Karaunios »

Zhym wrote:How bad is the MU?
It's this bad (see below). But, again, I don't really mind 'bad' stats. It's the having to figure out what to do with those 4,001XP for the heirloom what drives me crazy. I really like the house rule and all, it's just that I don't have that much time. I wanted to just roll up a character and go with it directly to the adventuring, since I can keep a good posting pace.
Zhym wrote:Alternately, here's an easy way to spend 4,001 item XP, assuming the MU's stats are that low: pick two more first-level spells for the MU's spellbook (or one second-level spell).
That pretty much solves all my problems. Gonna do it right away. Thanks a lot!
Attachments
Captura.PNG
Captura.PNG (6.57 KiB) Viewed 761 times

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#613 Post by Karaunios »

Ok, my magic user is ready to join the 'Aid to the Dwarf King' expedition. Haven't seen any IC thread for it though.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#614 Post by Zhym »

Orodhaer Echelebion is also ready for the "Aid to the Dwarf King" expedition. I'm refraining from posting in the the Dwarrodelf Tavern thread until Foxy's expedition is settled.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#615 Post by Karaunios »

Yeah. Read Enoch's post this morning. Standing by.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#616 Post by Zhym »

Is there anyone who doesn't already have a PC on Foxy's expedition that would be interested in rolling up a cleric to come along? My attempts to recruit NPCs were not spectacularly successful. A PC cleric would be a level higher than one of the NPCs.

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#617 Post by Faanku »

Sure, I can do that. I'll have a browse tomorrow when I have some time.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#618 Post by Zhym »

Yay! Thanks!

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#619 Post by Faanku »

Sorry this is taking so long, I am about 80% done.
Looking at the deity section, can one begin the game as a Templar/Paladin/Valkyrie?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#620 Post by Marullus »

Yes, that's fine to do.

Return to “Lab Lord: The North Marches”