Expedition Planning Discussions

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Expedition Planning Discussions

#581 Post by Enoch »

Is this something a brand-new 2nd level would be able to survive? I have a dwarven Axebearer that would be thrilled by a trip to a dwarven hold.
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#582 Post by Stirling »

Enoch, your axe-bearer Gundri is already in the dwarf hold. :)

For Foxy, the idea was to get her out of Gaul and exploring again. She has an IC focus on a ruin which is supposed to be the lair of some renegade mages which is west of the dwarf hold and was in the region under the sub-DM of Rusty who is presently away from keyboard. I don't think Marullus has the time to open up a new expedition though the titled Bastion of Eruanna thread was likely to be a westward trip with some input from Ablesworth or Idriss as 'Eruanna worshipping Templars and clerics.

The dwarf hold of Verdun and mountains are in Zhym's region and I am not sure if Zhym has much time to run an expedition thread. So Foxy's trip to the hold is in support of a Gaul envoy and for Foxy personally to straighten out her relationship with the Blackhlem clan. this could just be IC roleplay in the forum. She has 'bad blood' with the Blackhelms following them trying to kill her upon the ridge after she traded insults with the group's leader, Thundred. Subsequently the dwarves swore fealty to the adventuring party but were all slain in the fight by the palisade gate. Not sure how much of Foxy's bad relations with the dwarves has made it back to the general dwarf public but she has slagged them off several times in banter with the bard and in tribute stories, and would expect an indifferent but not openly hostile reception.

Still she does though have the utmost respect for the sacrifice of the dwarves who stood their ground whilst the ogres she hired retreated and that gave her and the others chance to enter the secret passage to fight the goblin king. Of course that released Scatha the dragon which became another problem. Foxy refused to join the expedition to fight Scatha, and clear the dwarf hold of goblins, using the excuse she had stood as tribute and conquered and her debt to Gaul was paid but in reality she was just scared of going. She had stood before him twice and was twice defeated, once feebleminded and once almost melted on the jousting field. (saved only by the lion roar of Amistad and the dwarves of Gaul rushing out of the city to face the dragons wrath), though she did hit the dragon with a near fatal wound.

Subject to a DM in place, she would love to continue her westwards exploration, the 'Blighted Abyss' as she calls it, where the 'Wolfwere' came from is close by (and again the release of that terror upon Gaul was largely down to her self preservation). Another thing she would like to put right indirectly.

Without opening up new regions, there are some possible 'expeditions hooks' in the dwarf region. One was rumours of a white dragon on the mountain peaks and another is a close by cave which has troglodytes in. They ate Bluebelle, Foxy's riding horse, (and two hirelings but I forgot their names ...). To gain good relations she could help overcome either of these if an expedition was forming.

Hope that helps.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#583 Post by Enoch »

Gotcha, I was working off an old map that still lists the hold as a goblin tower or something. I thought maybe there was yet another dwarven hold...this world is a big place!

I do know that Zhym has indicated that an expedition is probably not in the cards due to his involvement in other games, unfortunately, but we'd love to have you drop in for some RP!
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#584 Post by Zhym »

Just as a pointer, I posted as Pendleton inquiring about Foxy's expedition to the Monoc Mages. He might be interested in joining the expedition if the risk/reward balance seems favorable.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#585 Post by Dram »

Neegan is free to join Foxy's expidition if possible.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#586 Post by Stirling »

Foxy is currently at the dwarf-hold in Verdun. So characters joining her or forming an expedition under the auspicious of King Drunil which explores the same territory should post in the dwarf tavern forum. Neegan and Grundi most welcome and others.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#587 Post by Marullus »

Likely the last two Expeditions before winter happens are forming up at the Dwarf Halls.
  • An expedition far west with Foxy O'Hare to face and perhaps defeat the Red Robed Mages of the Order of Monoc
  • Solving a mystery for King Drunil of the dwarves (new quest run by Enoch).
Making new PCs for either or both if your existing PCs are out on Expeditions is encouraged. :)

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#588 Post by rossik »

i think i will!

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#590 Post by Stirling »

So for the expedition Foxy has two mounted archers with her.

I have heard from:
Arlen, human fighter ..... Leitz
Red Erik, dwarf .... Spearmint
Neegan, dwarf ... Dram
Gundri, dwarf ... Enoch
another, ? ..... Bluehorse.

Hopefully we won't be all brawn and no brains!

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#591 Post by Marullus »

I think that's conflated. I have two different quests organizing in the Dwarf Halls and want to clearly differentiate. This is what I am tracking...

Foxy Going West
Foxy, human fighter ... Stirling
Arlen, human fighter ..... Leitz
Gundri, dwarf ... Enoch
Two NPC Human Riders
Bianca, Elf ... Bluehorse (?)

Aid to the Dwarf King
Red Erik, dwarf .... Spearmint
New Cleric, ..... Bluehorse
New MU ... Golem

Uncertain
Neegan, dwarf ... Dram
(?) ... Rossik

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#592 Post by Stirling »

Bianca would be interesting, especially given the history of the 'wolfwere' attacking the Witchwood. But isn't Bianca committed to five weeks study and a winter in the woods?

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#593 Post by rossik »

guys, i cant find the time right now. i will have to pass that expedition, sorry

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#594 Post by Zhym »

Clint is interested in a mission to vanquish evil, wherever that might be. I'm not sure whether either of those two expeditions is suitable, however. Foxy probably doesn't need more fighters, and both characters may be too high-level for Red Erik's expedition.

And Pendleton could certainly be drawn out into more field work if it seemed like there might be a learning opportunity that's too good to pass up.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#595 Post by Bluehorse »

Stirling wrote:Bianca would be interesting, especially given the history of the 'wolfwere' attacking the Witchwood. But isn't Bianca committed to five weeks study and a winter in the woods?
That's correct. Bianca is pretty much settled in for the winter unless something happens directly at the wood or the new tower because of being tied up with research and tailoring work.

New character will hopefully be sorted tonight or tomorrow. I am finishing up details now and currently organizing inventory on the sheet for funsies until Mr. M gets back to me. ;)

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#596 Post by Karaunios »

Hello there! I'd be up for any expedition that still has some room for a new character. That said, I still have to roll one. Which one would be willing to accept me and, more importantly, which character class would be convenient? I'd like to roll a MU or, alternatively, a cleric. I already have a fighter type.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#597 Post by Karaunios »

And, just in case, please, don't start a quest without me :oops: :lol:

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#599 Post by Marullus »

Bluehorse wrote:
Stirling wrote:Bianca would be interesting, especially given the history of the 'wolfwere' attacking the Witchwood. But isn't Bianca committed to five weeks study and a winter in the woods?
That's correct. Bianca is pretty much settled in for the winter unless something happens directly at the wood or the new tower because of being tied up with research and tailoring work.

New character will hopefully be sorted tonight or tomorrow. I am finishing up details now and currently organizing inventory on the sheet for funsies until Mr. M gets back to me. ;)
The point of the Game Clock is that it moves forward so nobody ever gets stuck in town. :) I'm willing to bend it to allow Bianca to go with Foxy (I told Bluehorse that in private forum).

It is, however, a potential moral issue for Bianca. If Foxy is planning on massacring a bunch of wizards, that can go against Bianca's "self-defense only" stricture.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#600 Post by Zhym »

I'd still like to get someone in on the "Aid to the Dwarf King" goblin party. I'm just trying to figure out whether it would make more sense to roll up yet another new PC, or send in Clint or Olaf knowing that they're probably too high of a level for the mission.

Or I could try to gather a new group with either of them and go somewhere else, I guess.

Anyone have thoughts or advice?

Return to “Lab Lord: The North Marches”