Town Business IV - Vaul

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Town Business IV - Vaul

#61 Post by Zhym »

Ulf Stronghammer, his armor still shining despite battle, most dents hammered out but one near the heart remaining like a trophy, seeks out Bromric on his return to town.

"Bromric Gorak-Okri-Elgraz-Endrinkuli, I have heard that you have plans to build a temple to Falles," he says. "I have spoken with others about a similar project: a dwarvenheim, a home for dwarves in the city, where we can preserve and celebrate our dwarven heritage. With so few of us left, it is all the more important that we preserve what we have, would you not agree? Would you be willing to discuss whether your project and mine might be combined? Their ends would seem compatible. "
Last edited by Zhym on Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Starbeard »

Seadu Erana

Seadu turns to Bromric. 'A dwarvenheim does sound in keeping with our tentative plans for the monument.'

To Olaf, he says, 'Forgive me, I believe we have only met passingly, and in any case you would not recognize my recent baldness. You see, Falles has apparently taken it upon himself to christen me into dwarfdom the hard way, stone-birth and all. Hopefully this means I will eventually grow my hair back. At any rate, Vaul now has a new cleric of Falles, and one who is eager to rebuild his name and his flock.

'A monument is fine; a temple for his followers is better; but a dwarvenheim, where dwarves and dwarf-friends might live and provide services for the town, in the spirit of the tenets laid out by Falles—that would be best. Could I buy you both a drink at the tavern, and we can talk this over? It looks changed, and I'd like to see the inside of it.'

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Marullus »

Bromric stands taller and broader than previously, his posture and confidence both improved since you first met him. Beneath his cloak he wears gilded plate armor, both longsword hilt and battle axe visible poking above his shoulders.

He bows respectfully to Ulf. "Greetings to you, Ulf Stronghammer, and honor to your clan and ancestors. I respect your efforts, Ulf, and welcome any effort to aid our kin. I suggest speaking with Seadu, as he and Martin are the new priests of Felles and the construction of a temple will be guided by their insights. I am willing to aid and fund the effort, wherever it may be. I am not convinced, though, that we yet belong preserved in a museum. I intend to earn and hold land, summoning my kin to join us. It is better to live our heritage than to celebrate its memory. You shall be welcome to visit my halls as well."
Last edited by Marullus on Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Starbeard »

Odium Contemptus pays his backlog to stay in the inn, from May 1st to May 20th.

(-2 gp)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Zhym »

Ulf (forgot my own character's name!) raises an eyebrow at "summoning" and "my halls" and gives Bromric a long look. Dwarven etiquette, however, forbids him from saying more at this time.

"Yes, let us all retire to the tavern," he answers Seadu. "Plans such as these are improved by good drink."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Zhym »

On the morning of the 20th (that's after the Demon expedition returned, right?) Melvin visits the gnomes.

"I have a job for you while you await sufficient contributions for your industrial project, if you are interested," he says. "I wish to build an expansion to the Tower of Wendall: a residential wing, with individual sleeping accommodations for guild members. And, of course, the words 'MELVIN BRADENHURST RESIDENTIAL WING' somewhere prominent on the structure. But tasteful. Can you do such a thing?"

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Keehnelf »

The spokesgnome nods. "Yes indeed! We've been commissioned to complete construction of Rhodri's Way first, but we should be able to finish both by June 15. We'll speak with Wendall to be sure he is in accord, as the deed-holder of that property."

A couple of days later, it's confirmed that construction will proceed as planned. (Please deduct the 200gp).

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Zhym »

"Excellent," answers Melvin. "I eagerly await seeing the results of your labors."

-200 gp, +200 xp

Melvin departs town along the road to the Tower of Wendall.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Keehnelf »

Melvin sees a fresh sign at the end of the road marking it as "Rhodri's Way." Currently this end is waystones and packed earth--as he passes along, it gives way to untouched moorland with a rough track cutting along it where adventurers and laborers have passed back and forth, and then he arrives at the tower.

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#70 Post by Spartakos »

Galen pays the stables to keep his horse while he is about other business, and throws in a bit extra. "Make sure she gets good fodder, and an apple now and then."
(At 1 sp/night, Galen will pay 3 gp to cover a month's stabling, plus 2 gp for extra.)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Zhym »

Lug buys 8 days of trail rations for 5 gp.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#72 Post by KingOfCowards »

Bertram purchases 5 days worth of preserved rations and 3 days of fresh rations.

37.2 sp deducted with 20% markup

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by hedgeknight »

Krysta purchases 8 days of trail rations for 5 gp.

Do we need a mule or pony for transporting supplies?
Winter is coming...

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Zhym »

Lug also needs to replenish his arrows, purchasing three more to fill his quiver.

What's the cost of individual arrows, again? They're 5 gp book price for 20 arrows and a quiver.
hedgeknight wrote:Krysta purchases 8 days of trail rations for 5 gp.

Do we need a mule or pony for transporting supplies?
Galen just stabled his horse, figuring where we're going is too dangerous. But a mule might not be a bad idea.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Keehnelf »

1s per arrow.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Zhym »

Does that 1s include markup?

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Keehnelf »

It's a small enough sum that markup doesn't really matter.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Zhym »

That's what I figured. End the copper piece! :D

-3s, +3 arrows for Lug.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Zorroroaster »

Orrin buys 5 days of trail rations.

3 gp deducted.
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Marullus »

Bromric buys 7 days unpreserved rations (17sp), lantern (10.8gp), oil (1.2gp), a crowbar (2.2gp), block and tackle (6gp) and shovel (2.2gp), which he adds to the pick, axe, hammer, ropes, and spikes already on his pony for dwarf-style excavation projects.

Return to “Settlement - Vaul”