The Briarstone Tavern

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Briarstone Tavern

#121 Post by Keehnelf »

For the sake of in-game timing and not making others wait too long on this, it appears that Bromric wants to depart with the dwarves on May 28 in the morning, so if Gilgamesh is interested in joining them, now would be the time to agree--I'll wait a bit on the two of you to hash this out, but if it seems like it will be holding up the reckoning of Kennit and Perthrin's adventure (since the watch tower is Bromric's destination), I'll need to either move the expedition thread forward and delay the dwarf expedition start, or ask you guys to come to a definitive resolution.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by Marullus »

Spartakos wrote:There is silence for a moment, as Gilgamesh contemplates his empty tankard. Then he turns back to Bromric with a slighly apologetic expression.

"You seem a decent fellow, so I'll be frank with you. My family was never really welcome in dwarvish society; I've lived most of my life among humans and other folk, outside the caverns."

"Not that I've any real objection to aiding your cause, but if I do it shan't be out of solidarity with the dwarven people. What kind of rewards are like to come from these quests of yours? Comfort and respite are all very well, but I've found the best security is found in gold."
Bromric nods simply, his face neutral. "There are mercenary hearts a plenty, and your plight is not uncommon. It is normal practice that all who share the risks of these expeditions share equally in its rewards. You'd be entitled to an equal share of any portable treasure that we are able to lay claim to in the effort. The division of portable treasure is the simpler task and I am happy to thus reward you... I'd retain dominion rights over any reclaimed halls for re-establishment of our kin unless there's a question. For this expedition, we hope to not be strangers to such good fortunes - In rescuing those trapped under the mountain and engaging in diplomacy, we are also promised a reward in treasure by their queen. In reclaiming the halls, there are the hoards of the dragons and goblinoids which lay within as well as the treasures of handiworks of our ancestors. Our ancestors wrought in gold, and we all need our shares of that capital to achieve our aims. You shan't go hungrier than any other of us for your efforts."

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#123 Post by Spartakos »

Gilgamesh's lips curl in a faint smile beneath his mustache, a smile that doesn't reach his glittering eyes. "There's a fine line between 'mercenary' and 'healthy self-interest', I've found. But your talk of spoils sound fair to my ears, so I'm willing to join my blade to yours." He slaps his sword hilt with one palm, and offers Bromric his other hand to clasp. "We depart soon?"

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by Marullus »

Bromric clasps Gilgamesh's hand and nods. "My kin deserve one night in a bed, at least. We'll leave with dawn."

Bromric then heads out to the mercenary camp to hire what hands they have available, then gathers his kin together at the Dwarvenheim site at sunset. There by torchlight they sing the funeral dirges of their clan and he weeps.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by Marullus »

Spartakos - the clock advanced on us OOC, so we need to fast-forward our departure from May 28 to June 1. I'll say the dwarf collective spent some time grieving and re-equipping. I'll do the meet-up with Kennit and Perethrin here.

June 1, 1 VC - 10:20am

After several days to properly grieve and then re-equip, the dwarves are again preparing their wagons outside the gates, Bromric among them.

Return to “Settlement - Vaul”