Action Thread 12

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Action Thread 12

#1 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – 3:10p

The party discusses checking out the Northern building before getting rest. After Bruard makes his call and puts on his helm, Van volunteers to go with you. Gotta pay for opening my mouth, he says, though with a smile so obviously he is looking forward to some action.

HPs: Jeloon - 22/29; Till - 33/36; Yosef - 9/10; Bruard - 15/19; Derek - 32/40
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Derek: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon & Derek; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5- Yosef & Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-0/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-3/5, 2-4/4
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 12

#2 Post by Alethan »

Of course Till volunteers to join Bruard. "Please do bring that very nice spear of yours, Van. It seems to be extra-effective against those undead..."

Till has Ancor light up the lamp and come along, as well. "Time again to earn your pay, Ancor."

Till draws short sword with his right hand and dagger with his left and asks, "Anyone else joining us?" before he follows Bruard to the northern building.

OOC: Eyman is laid out still (and again), right? That boy spends more time recovering from wounds than he does fighting! If he makes it home from this trip, he's going to have some nasty scars (arrow in the hip, face torn open by ghouls...) to brag about.

Also, just wanted to confirm the earlier action of giving Van the chain armour we pulled off the corpse in the top of the tower. That all good? If so, then I can update the NPC thread if you want. If not, then we'll pass it around the hirelings to see if it fits any of them.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard leads the group towards the stables. They approach the main doors, and when he gets within 120 feet, he will activate the true seeing component of the helmet by muttering a few words. He then scans the area, covering as much of the outside that he can.

The spell should last for 40 minutes. Unless he sees something on the outside of the stable building, he'll suggest they enter and continue the scan.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Argennian »

Yosef will, of course, accompany Bruard, Till, Van, Ancor and whomever else is going along to search the stables.

He keeps to the side to ensure a clear lane of fire and moves forward with arrow nocked.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – 3:40p

We shall assume that Derek and Jeloon come along for the ride :) Eyman is doing much better, but still a little out of it, and the chain mail fits Van.

The party heads to the northern building. It's still quiet and apparently empty, and still looks on the verge of collapse.
Bruard speaks the words, and scans the building from the outside.
After about 10 minute of that, Bruard heads inside.

PM sent.

WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Derek: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon & Derek; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5- Yosef & Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by ToniXX »

After 10 minutes you see nothing on the outside.

Then after another 10 minutes you see nothing out of the ordinary on the inside. No hidden things, alignment auras, nothing that you can see except for the putrid smell, and pile of straw in the corner.

Bruard reports Well, I see nothing out of place on the outside of the building. Once he goes inside and and scans around, he says Nothing on the inside either that I can see. There is that terrible smell and a pile of straw in one corner, but otherwise everything looks pretty normal.

He flips the visor back up and looks at Van and asks what exactly gave you the creeps about this place? Did you see something we didn't? If you did, anything that may be living is not in here now. He pauses, then muses aloud: I wonder if the magicks in this helm will detect undead?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#7 Post by Alethan »

"Bruard, do you want to make a quick scan of the other buildings or the tower while the spell is still in effect? Never know if we missed something along the way. Then we can come back here and make sure this building is secured."

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by ToniXX »

Good idea. He slides the visor back down and they move towards the other buildings that haven't been entered.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#9 Post by Alethan »

Till follows, letting Bruard worry about searching while he maintains a vigilant watch to make sure they aren't surprised by any lingering spiders or returning undead.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – 4:00p

The whole place seems thankfully quiet and spider free! No hidden objects or anything with kooky alignment auras. The duration on the True Seeing expires.

Vokarius
Tracker
Tracker

#11 Post by Vokarius »

Hate spiders

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#12 Post by Alethan »

OOC: Hey, there he is! All we have to do is try and look for more spiders, then, eh?

"Alright, then, let's see what has Van all worked up about this building to the north, then. Think we should light up some torches, just in case? Fire is a good cleanser... But I seem to recall ghouls occasionally hoarding things, so we don't want to burn it prematurely and possibly destroy anything of value."

Till directs Ancor to light a torch, in addition to the lantern, to give the party a source of flame, should it become necessary.

Till readies short sword and dagger and heads to the north building. Once there, he takes a long look inside to confirm it is empty, then he slowly makes his way towards the pile of straw, directing Ancor to stand to the side to provide better light.

Once closer to the straw, he'll visually examine it. If nothing appears to be immediately threatening (like... it's actually a nest for a black pudding or something weird), then Till will prod at it with the tip of his short sword, moving the straw aside. If that produces no results, then he'll make a bigger deal of moving the straw aside to search it for valuables.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Argennian »

"Be care..." Yosef starts to say to Till but stops himself and just nods his acknowledgements, realizing that no one among their group is as experienced in these tasks as the brave halfling and that he does not need to be told to be cautious!

The elf fighter/mage will stay outside on guard duty, with bow and arrow ready whilst Till commits to his search. Bruard's use of the mighty Helm puts most of his concerns to rest. At least for the moment. He trusts that Bruard, Derek and Jeloon will back up their halfling companion, if needed.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#14 Post by Alethan »

Till turns his head slightly to his left and responds, "Aren't I always, Yos?" He smiles and turns back to the task at hand.

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#15 Post by migellito »

Jeloon agrees about casting light on a coin or some such. If it was a coin with a hole in it, we could tie a leather thong through it, and also put it inside a scroll case. We could then pull it out and wear it if need be.

Jeloon helps Till poke through the debris, using her glowing(?) sword.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – 4:20p

Being very careful in their searches the crew finds an almost unbearable stench, and bits of disgusting bloody flesh scattered about the rotting nest of hay. But by poking and searching they also find the following:

Ruined suit of leather armor
Burnt out torch bits
Shield
Scroll not in a case and pushed all the way to the side
Scroll in a case
2 smaller looking gems
2 bigger gems
Various bits of ruined clothes
Two purses with cuts in them

Sorry, didn’t purposefully leave you hanging at the lootz portion of our show.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#17 Post by Alethan »

Till is sure to examine the bits of clothes more carefully, to make sure nothing is of good quality and just hidden or covered up with gore, thus making it indistinguishable from the rest.

Then he makes sure the party gathers up:
the shield
the two scrolls
the four gems
and the two purses

... and brings them back to camp.

"Looks like we're going to need another Detect Magic spell, maybe... Bruard and Yosef, you guys want to look through those scrolls and see what we have?"

Till attempts to evaluate the four gems to see how much they're worth. And he examines the purses more carefully.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by rredmond »

Unfortunately most of it is covered in rotting gore. You are able to keep your breakfast in your stomach while checking but find nothing else. The purses are interesting because their previous owner(s) was obviously a victim of a cut-purse, but why anyone would hold on to them with the hole, or not repair them or throw them away, is unknown.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#19 Post by Alethan »

Till still brings the two purses along. Keeping coin purses with holes in them is odd enough that it wouldn't hurt to check them for magical properties, as well...

"This is obviously the ghouls' nest. Let's get the stuff worth getting and clear on out of here, shall we?"

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#20 Post by ToniXX »

Alethan wrote:"This is obviously the ghouls' nest. Let's get the stuff worth getting and clear on out of here, shall we?"
Good idea, says Bruard. Yosef and I can check out the scrolls back at our base camp.

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”