Expedition - Markd/On A Mission From Baudh - 08 May 2021

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Expedition - Markd/On A Mission From Baudh - 08 May 2021

#1 Post by Marullus »

Marked sets out to the Northeast to search for a relic important to the Priesthood of Baudh.
  • Markd -- Male Human -- Onlyme -- 05 May 2021 - (Can depart again on 08 May)
  • 'Captain' Bremen -- Male Human -- Rusty Tincanne -- 06 May 2021
  • Irving Malmstein Rosemont the Third -- Keehnelf -- 06 May 2021
  • Kellstrom of Baudh -- Male Human -- Stirling -- 06 May 2021
  • Olaf Olafssonsson -- Male Dwarf -- Zhym -- 06 May 2021
  • Bandobras 'Bandy' Sandybanks  -- Male Halfling -- Alethan -- 09 May 2021
'Pony' the Mule, belonging to Olaf.
'Mitch' the Pony, belonging to Bandobras.

Click here to jump to the Expedition Beginning.

Reminder: Please keep IC threads IC, with minimal necessary OOC captured in red OOC text. Move general banter to the OOC thread.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition - Markd/In Service to Baudh - 08 May 2021

#2 Post by Keehnelf »

Irving Malmstein Rosemont, III, Esq. will be accompanying Markd on this adventure. He's fine leaving absolutely any time, rain or shine, in order to serve the causes of justice and piety, but will defer to those closer to the heart of Baudh's structure than himself.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by onlyme »

MArkd asks,
My fellow follower, may I ask you to help conjure up more help? I am afraid my mere presence tends to scare more folks than attract them. I believe a couple in the inn I am staying acted as if they may be followers as well.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Keehnelf »

Irving smiles broadly, as if Markd has just suggested something completely brilliant and unexpected. "Yes, I believe Olaf of the House of Olaf and Captain Bremen might also be followers of the great Baudh. They certainly acted and spoke as though they were believers in the holy way. I'll go and invite them at once!"

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Zhym »

Olaf Olafssonsson follows Moradin, not Baudh, but his god is on friendly enough terms with Baudh (who I can't help but think of as the god of connectivity, bandwidth, and high-pitched squealing noises) that he'll join the quest.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Keehnelf »

Just to be clear: anyone who seems nice is probably a follower of Baudh, in Irving's eyes.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Captain Bremen, seeing this a a fine way to make The Right Sort of Connections in this town, is happy to join up.

Captain Bremen
Upon seeing Mark'd, Bremen does not flinch, but he does lean in and take a closer look,letting out a low whistle. No two ways about it, Mark'd. I'm staring. Can't be helped. How did you come upon those scars? Not a boar or a sickness, that I can tell. Must get in the way of the ladies, I fancy. Anyhow, if it's a mission for Baudh, I'm here for it. Where are we off to and what for?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Zhym »

First Irving, then the Captain. This is going to be the group for characters of flexible sanity, isn't it? :D

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Keehnelf »

Irving's not insane at all. He's just not very bright and trying to work from models as he figures out how to actually do what he's trying to do.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Zhym »

Okay, then maybe it's team not-that-bright. :)

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Keehnelf »

What Irving lacks in cleverness, wits, knowledge, understanding, and critical thinking skills, he more than makes up for in energy, enthusiasm, and derring-do. :)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Zhym »

What Olaf lacks in cleverness, wits, knowledge, understanding, and critical thinking skills, he makes up for in deliberation, stubbornness, and, um...yeah, mostly that. :)

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Captain Bremen is actually quite intelligent, but was hard to not get caught up in your enthusiastic banter. :oops: (I had intended to go on in a winnie the pooh-esque diatribe about how everyone is named after someone because there is always someone older. He actually views most everyone as a tool to climb the ladder of success. Even Baudh allows him to feel totally justified in making people pay (gold) for protection.

Seeing your banter made me very sorry I had gone with Captain Bremen instead of Doughty Doughball, the halfling chef-cum-adventurer after his tavern was taken over by an infestation of giant rats. But the character was already created, so I will stick with him. Maybe the next adventure with Olaf and Irving...

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by onlyme »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:Captain Bremen, seeing this a a fine way to make The Right Sort of Connections in this town, is happy to join up.

Captain Bremen
Upon seeing Mark'd, Bremen does not flinch, but he does lean in and take a closer look,letting out a low whistle. No two ways about it, Mark'd. I'm staring. Can't be helped. How did you come upon those scars? Not a boar or a sickness, that I can tell. Must get in the way of the ladies, I fancy. Anyhow, if it's a mission for Baudh, I'm here for it. Where are we off to and what for?

Markd looks him in the eye, and tells with scorned pride.
a !#$%^ !$%^ from that !$%^% of a !$%^% Eruanna. She !$%^%^ and then !$%&%& . But no matter. I know I was right. !$^%$# her, and her !$%^%&^ followers.
after he calms down a bit.
"Best I can tell, we need to head north east, toward a hilltop. We get near a river and find a tower. I trust we'll know where it is, when we're there. Does anyone have a lantern? It gets dark out there.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Zhym »

Olaf gives Markd a confused look. "Why'd ye need a lantern when it's dark?" asks the dwarf.

He rummages in his pack and pulls out a stick of wax. "Got me some candles!" he says proudly. "In case I need to read in the dark! Don't read much anyways, though. So don't need many candles."

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Marullus »

So, that is four PCs:
Markd
Irving
Olaf
Bremen

Do you wait (OOC) for others?

Also, need an answer to this. Do you wait (IC) for better conditions? What's your threshold?
Marullus wrote:The PCs can technically set out as soon as 08 May. It will be still pouring buckets (third day straight) that morning. Do you set out in the rain, or remain at the Inn until the weather clears?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Zhym »

As I understand it, an expedition just returned and some players are working on second characters. So I'd suggest we wait for more people to join up. And for the rain to go away.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Keehnelf »

Irving also looks confused. "Can't we see by the light of the moon as we travel? Makes no sense to me to carry a lantern or candles out of doors. Easy enough to avoid walking off the road or into a tree just from the shapes and shadows of things." He nods sagely.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Markd looks him in the eye, and tells with scorned pride.
a !#$%^ !$%^ from that !$%^% of a !$%^% Eruanna. She !$%^%^ and then !$%&%& . But no matter. I know I was right. !$^%$# her, and her !$%^%&^ followers.
Captain Bremen scowls. There was a growing number of her peons in the city I hail from. Always on about power divestment and truth, they were. My soldiers and I were quick to let them know the truth is that they need to respect the power and pay their godly taxes if they expected to receive services from their lords. Don't know why we let them spread their foolish views.
Zhym wrote:Olaf gives Markd a confused look. "Why'd ye need a lantern when it's dark?" asks the dwarf.

He rummages in his pack and pulls out a stick of wax. "Got me some candles!" he says proudly. "In case I need to read in the dark! Don't read much anyways, though. So don't need many candles."
I always keep a wick-less lantern by my bedside in case I want to read in the dark, giving the dwarf a wink and a nod.

Captain Bremen doesn't seem to have any light source. But I am still in character creation, so I could get a lantern or torches at a relative discount... Which would you prefer? Lantern or torches? (He does have a compass, though! :) )

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by onlyme »

Whatever you're needing/wanting. Markd has a lantern. He just wanted to make sure we had some backup.

Fellows, we have a bit of time before we depart. make sure to say prayers and anything else needed. Hopefully, this rain will let up. It will make the walking much slower.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”