Expedition - Markd/On A Mission From Baudh - 08 May 2021

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition - Markd/On A Mission From Baudh - 08 May 2021

#721 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Marullus. Captain Bremen is at -1 HP. Without any stabilization in this round of combat (which he isn't getting, obviously), I can elect to make a Save Vs. Death.

That is 14 +1 (HP modifier) +2 (WIS modifier), correct? So he would need to roll 17 or higher? Or do I somehow use my CON modifier to help? Thanks.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#722 Post by Marullus »

They have three rounds to stabilize you in my game (a difference from Keehnelf's) but even so it is not looking likely. The WIS penalty only applies to save vs. magic, so doesn't come into play. I like having CON modify here, so I will update that rule. You have +1 for the hp and -1 for CON, so it is a straight 14.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#723 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Marullus wrote:They have three rounds to stabilize you in my game ...it is not looking likely.
All they need to do is kill the ogre and the kobolds will route, right? :? Right?

:lol:

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#724 Post by Marullus »

The ogre swings its club, wiffing over the top of Irving's head as he ducks. The kobolds swarm around them on nimble feet, four spears poking each of them from all directions. Irving parries, knocking away each spear and cutting one kobold down as it fatally missteps. The last kobold catches Irving's hand, knocking his uncle's sword from his grasp and casting it to the ground.

Olaf swings wildly with his pick, trying to force back the kobolds but their quick strikes catch him. Two of the spear tips puncture, blood running down his armor as he drops to his knees, falling to the ground with his companions. As he falls, those four kobolds rush over to grab the mounts.

Time: 12 May 2021, 2:46 pm
Light source: Sunlight
Injuries: Bremen (dying) Bandy (unconscious) Markd (unconscious) Olaf (unconscious) Irving (lightly injured)

Rolls:

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#725 Post by Keehnelf »

Disarmed and alone vs seven kobolds and an uninjured ogre? Aaaaaagh

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#726 Post by Zhym »

Irving's got this!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#727 Post by Alethan »

Zhym wrote:Irving's got this!
OOC: We're still in a comedy, right? Irving should just pretend like he was hurt worse than that, fall down and fake being dead. Hopefully they'll all leave. Then us unconscious folks can come to, shake our heads, ask what happened, and try to sort out how to go about getting their stuff back.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#728 Post by Zhym »

That or he yells, "HEY! IS THAT A DRAGON OVER THERE?" and runs the other way when all the monsters turn to look.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#729 Post by Marullus »

This has all been quite painful to watch unfold. :?

On the other hand, I can't WAIT to see how Irving decides to react in this non-heroic situation...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#730 Post by Alethan »

Marullus wrote:This has all been quite painful to watch unfold. :?

On the other hand, I can't WAIT to see how Irving decides to react in this non-heroic situation...
Run Away.JPG
Run Away.JPG (95.02 KiB) Viewed 478 times
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#731 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I thought the kobolds had just R-U-N-N-O-F-T'd with the animals. So it's just the ogre he has to deal with. Unarmed. And alone.
But not really alone. We're all so there. Just not useful. Which is similar to normal, right?

Get 'em Irving! !!

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#732 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Since he isn't going to get tended to:Save vs Death (14) [1d20] = 17
:mrgreen: Woohoo!

So there is always the possibility that Marullus will just have us all wake up in shackles in a kobold den! Or we just wake up naked at the mouth of a tomb.

We did bury 9 GP with Kells. And since grave robbery is already on our pedigree, there is no need to feel ashamed.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#733 Post by Keehnelf »

Sorry busy day yesterday--I'll post my long-awaited action in about an hour.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#734 Post by Zhym »

No rush. We're not going anywhere. :D

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#735 Post by Keehnelf »

Just to confirm, there are only three kobolds remaining in melee range, since the other four ran off to get the mounts?

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#736 Post by onlyme »

Zhym wrote:No rush. We're not going anywhere. :D
Speak for yourself... Once we are turned into ghosts or ghouls and get caught up in that court trial, who knows the adventures we can have... and I hear that encumbrance would not be an issue anymore.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#737 Post by Marullus »

Keehnelf wrote:Just to confirm, there are only three kobolds remaining in melee range, since the other four ran off to get the mounts?
Three kobolds and the ogre, correct.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#738 Post by Keehnelf »

Irving turns fully to face the ogre, puffs up his not-inconsiderable chest as much as possible, and roars in his mightiest drama-voice: "Champion of chaos! I challenge you to a test of arms--single combat, champion to champion, winner take all!" He emphasizes his words with proud and sometimes condescending flourishes, hoping to stoke the ogre's own pride and cajole him into taking the bait (using everything his charisma can give him on this effort, and hoping that the ogre speaks common since it's the only thing Irving can offer...)

He even turns away from the kobolds, as if to suggest that the only one who isn't beneath his notice is the ogre.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#739 Post by Marullus »

Irving Charisma [5d6] = 17
...because sometimes, investing in Charisma is AWESOME. :)

Disarmed, beset on all sides, and with all his companions unconscious, Irving does what any storybook hero would do. Handsome and resplendent in his armor, he speaks boldly, imposingly, at his foes, his well-coifed hair blowing a bit in the breeze, a ray of sunlight breaking through the clouds to illuminate him at the right moment. "Champion of chaos! I challenge you to a test of arms--single combat, champion to champion, winner take all!"

The three kobolds pause, taken aback by the sudden speechifying from someone who they expected to grovel in fear. The ogre looks on dumbly and uncomprehending. A snide kobold with overlarge ears cackles hysterically at Irving's words and translates them to the ogre, giving Irving enough time to grab up his sword from the ground, using it to emphasize his flourishes, glowing light flaring from it dramatically. The other four kobolds also pause to find out what is going on, reins in-hand as they tug the mounts.

Comprehension, and then anger, blossom on the ogre's face as the kobold speaks to him. The ogre roars and charges Irving while the kobolds break into raucous cheers and jeers, pumping their spears in the air at this strange turn of events, seemingly forgetting that their job was to poke the human with them in the first place.

(Initiative and attack roll, please.)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#740 Post by Zhym »

:o :shock: :lol:

Go, Irving, go!

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”