Expedition - Carchannoi/Return to the Ogres - 08 May 2021

sirravd

Re: Expedition - Carchannoi/Return to the Ogres - 08 May 202

#101 Post by sirravd »

Sorry for the delay: I'm getting back to college (sophomore year!) I'll resume posting soon :)

sirravd

#102 Post by sirravd »

How much does the warhammer weigh? LL Basic doesn't mention warhammers.

I use the warhammer to attack the stirge that has latched on to Lickspittle, and order my two comrades to join me in doing so. If we kill it, I ask them to drag Lickspittle's body beyond the threshold of the room, and shut the door.

[1d20+1] = 5+1 = 6

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Marullus »

Warhammer is "Hammer, War" and weighs 5lbs. House rules adjust it to be 1d8 instead of 1d6 to match its two-handed peers.

The stirges swarm over you and your companions - you call out orders to help Lickspittle but they're each too busy fighting for their own lives. Your goblins are overwhelmed. Lickspittle and Guhrt lie unconscious, being drained to death. Tog and Gurzlak flail at stirges that latch onto their flesh but are still upright. You swat one away, none gaining purchase on you just yet.

Rolls:

sirravd

#104 Post by sirravd »

I attack the stirge on Tog!

[1d20+1] = 5+1 = 6

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Marullus »

You need to start rolling higher than a five. ;)

sirravd

#106 Post by sirravd »

I wish. :x I didn't just copy-paste my other roll accidentally, if you're wondering –– that was a new roll.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Marullus »

I checked. ;)

sirravd

#108 Post by sirravd »

I'm on the edge of my seat here! :p

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Marullus »

Your effort to aid Tog is to no avail, but Tog is capable in herself; goblin nature is quite scrappy when it comes to self-preservation. Tog smashes backwards into the bookcase, crushing the storage that is attached to her so that it falls to the ground lifeless. The stirges begin getting in their own way swarming in this small chamber. Normally nimble, both Tog and Gurzlak are able to swat one each, dashing them against the walls so they too no longer fly. Three feed, one each on Guhrt and Lickspittle as they lie unconscious and one on Gurzlak who still stands. Only three remain airborne.

sirravd

#110 Post by sirravd »

I attack the remaining stirge on Gurzlak.

[1d20+1] = 18+1 = 19
[1d8+1] = 4+1 = 5

Finally! :D

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by Marullus »

Carchannoi brings down his hammer, smashing the bat-bird which is siphoning on Gurzlak. Blood - likely Gurzlaks more than the creatures - splatters across the floor. Tog, Gurzlak, and Carchannoi all manage to continue to swat off the dive-attacks of the three remaining airborne creatures. The two bloated beasts attached to the pale, off-color, near-dead bodies of Lickspittle and Guhrt continue to drain the last drops from their victims.

Rolls:

sirravd

#112 Post by sirravd »

"We can't let Lickspittle die!" I shout. "Kill the stirge!" I attack the stirge on Lickspittle.

[1d20+1] = 1+1 = 2

:shock: :cry:

If the others hit the stirge and free Lickspittle, I ask them to drag his body out of the room, then shut the door.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Marullus »

You hammer lands with a sickening thud. If Lickspittle wasn't dead before, the crushing hammer blow did him in. The stirge that drained Lickspittle is heavy and sluggish with its meal, struggling to get airborne and escape rather than feed further. One of the stirges manages to latch onto Gurzlak as he flails ineffectively, trying to stop it. He swoons, joining Guhrt on the floor, as the creature latches on.

You and Tog are standing. Two remain airborne.

Rolls:

sirravd

#114 Post by sirravd »

I'm pushing my luck here, but wtf, I'll do it.

I attack the stirge on Gurzlak, and ask Tog to do likewise.

[1d20+1] = 8+1 = 9

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by Marullus »

You manage to dodge the stirge as it dives at you again. Tog swats her opponent out of the air, splatting him against the wall. The one on Guhrt detaches from his pale, lifeless body and follows Lickspittle's stirges, both trying to escape through the partially adjust northern door. Gurzlak gurgles unconscious.

Rolls:

sirravd

#116 Post by sirravd »

I keep attacking Gurzlak's stirge!!

[1d20+1] = 11+1 = 12

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Marullus »

Tog smashes the last stirge out of the air while you squish the one clinging to Gurzlak. The last two, full stirges escape.

Tog binds and stabilizes Gurzlak, who remains unconscious, though more comfortable. Tog is injured and pale. You take a moment and regroup.

Lickspittle, Guhrt, and Smurk all lie dead in the room.

sirravd

#118 Post by sirravd »

"I'm sure Guhra will love to hear that her slave was killed by stirges, eh. Tog?" I mutter. "We'd best find some other means of escape."

I give the two sacks of coins to Tog, and take Gurzlak's ring of protection for myself. In the meantime, I approach the plain wooden door, inspecting it for traps (should I describe my trap-searching strategy in detail, or do you prefer to just roll?)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Marullus »

You proceed to the wooden door through which the two stirges escaped and check it's surround thoroughly, finding nothing suspicious. Peering discretely through it (as it is a few inches ajar), you see the next room is a ransacked mess and some large, bipedal creatures rummaging through it, not paying attention (at the moment) to you or the door. The stone door on the wall to the left of the wood door (and opposite the door through which you entered) remains closed and sealed, checked for traps by Gurzlak a few minutes before.

Gurzlak moans on the floor, pale and wasted, as he slumbers. Tog has set him up to be comfortable under the table where you were looking over the mounds of books and papers when you were interrupted.

Tog shrugs at your comment, busying herself in looting Lickspittle's body, going directly to his pockets. "If Guhrza liked Lickspittle, she wouldn't have sent him to die with you." She pulls out a tarnished amulet of silver with a polished bloodstone in its center, fondling it appreciatively.
bloodstone amulet.jpg
bloodstone amulet.jpg (30.84 KiB) Viewed 381 times
You pluck the ring from Gurzlak as he slumbers, placing the golden band on your own hand. You feel an immediate rush, a feeling of confidence and invincibility... of protection. It feels awesome.

sirravd

#120 Post by sirravd »

Sorry: somehow I forgot to respond.

"Fair enough", I say. "Hand me that amulet, will you?" Once (if) she does, I put it around my neck. (If she is unwilling, I offer her my old longsword.)

I decide not to proceed into the sealed room, but retreat back, into the room where I started out. There, I carefully pore over the locked door to the north, checking for traps.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”