prologue

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

Re: prologue

#21 Post by Diamond_Spear »

Computer +1 wrote:
“I agree.” Eric orders a stew and an ale for his new tablemate. “May I ask what your profession is?”
To be honest I don't know fer sure. Me Da' is a farmer. His Da' was a farmer. His Da' was a farmer too. I guess I'm a farmer in me blood.
“So what brings a farmer to take up the wandering life? And how do you plan to make your way in the world?”

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by Computer +1 »

“So what brings a farmer to take up the wandering life? And how do you plan to make your way in the world?”
Connal speaks between shoveling the stew into his mouth
I dunno. I left home ta' get away an' to see the world. So far I've seen the world isn't what I thought, ya know? I been ok though, doin' odd jobs and such to get me through.
He stops eating and looks around
I always thought life would be like in the stories, adventure, glory an' all that. Seems more like everything is just a pile a shite.

Suddenly Connal drops his spoon and grabs his mug of ale.
Ahhhh what am I pissin' on about this fer anyway? Cheers to ya mate fer the grub and the drink!

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#23 Post by Diamond_Spear »

Computer +1 wrote:
Connal speaks between shoveling the stew into his mouth
I dunno. I left home ta' get away an' to see the world. So far I've seen the world isn't what I thought, ya know? I been ok though, doin' odd jobs and such to get me through.
He stops eating and looks around
I always thought life would be like in the stories, adventure, glory an' all that. Seems more like everything is just a pile a shite.

Suddenly Connal drops his spoon and grabs his mug of ale.
Ahhhh what am I pissin' on about this fer anyway? Cheers to ya mate fer the grub and the drink!
“You’re quite welcome,” Eric replies. “It occurs to me that two people traveling together is not only much safer but much less lonely. Perhaps when I move on from here you would like to accompany me?”

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by Computer +1 »

“You’re quite welcome,” Eric replies. “It occurs to me that two people traveling together is not only much safer but much less lonely. Perhaps when I move on from here you would like to accompany me?”
If I am heading in the same direction that would be good. Am I heading that way?
Connal drains the mug of ale with a smile.
Who knows?

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#25 Post by Diamond_Spear »

Eric nods to his companion and turns his attention to his meal. While eating he will keep an ear out for any interesting bits of conversation he might hear.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by max_vale »

Vax stepped into the tavern and shook out his cloak from the rain; though unlike most, he left his hood up. He knew all too well that many did not take kindly to half-orcs in thier midst.

Keeping a wary eye out; he walked to the bar, absentmindedly fingering the iron holy symbol around his neck as he did so. The symbol was of a bullseye; the symbol of RUDD; the demi-goddess of good luck, chance and skill. Finding an unoccupied space at the bar; Vax ordered an ale and inquired about any open rooms...

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#27 Post by Distorted Humor »

everyone hears a drunk say "Lost three horses full of supplies last week to those damn bandits in that old Moat holdfast that needs to be cleared out, perhaps I will head up north or something, but i heard there been issues up there as well. "

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by Computer +1 »

Connal says to Eric loudly, as to be overheard
Bandits needing to be cleared out? Har, that sounds like a job we could handle!

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#29 Post by Diamond_Spear »

Computer +1 wrote:Connal says to Eric loudly, as to be overheard
Bandits needing to be cleared out? Har, that sounds like a job we could handle!
“While I agree that bandits are a problem that need taking care of, well….I’m sure that I can handle myself in such situations but I wonder what part of farming has prepared you for them. Meaning no disrespect of course. It’s just that I’d hate for you to come to a bad end by taking on a task you aren’t suited for. Unless you’ve had training that I’m unaware of?”

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#30 Post by Xaxyx »

With a polite smile, Cerun gingerly holds the mug given to him by the bartender with two hands, as if to treasure its contents. Raising the container to his lips, the elf marvels at the peculiar aroma, so strong that it partially drowns out the stench of human sweat curdling through the establishment. Closing his eyes, he allows himself a few sips of the beverage -- discovering it to be, as he suspected, alcoholic -- then returns its vessel to the surface of the bar.

Glancing around the room, Cerun finds himself amused by the social interactions exhibited. It were almost as if a complex dance were occurring, with patrons intermingling, servants darting in and out. There was almost a rhythm to it, a heartbeat. Fascinated, he begins overtly eavesdropping, as best he can, on the various conversations occurring around the inn.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by Computer +1 »

“While I agree that bandits are a problem that need taking care of, well….I’m sure that I can handle myself in such situations but I wonder what part of farming has prepared you for them. Meaning no disrespect of course. It’s just that I’d hate for you to come to a bad end by taking on a task you aren’t suited for. Unless you’ve had training that I’m unaware of?”

Connal gives Eric a look, unsure if Eric is dumb or playing dumb, before continuing on.
Aye if there is coin, we can clear out the holdfast fer ya!

bloodymage
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#32 Post by bloodymage »

Nalin quietly sips his ale, listening and observing the newcomers.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by max_vale »

Vax sips his ale and upon hearing the drunk make his statement about bandits from a ruined holdfast; his hand briefly wraps around his holy symbol and the thought hits him that perhaps this is an opportunity provided by Rudd to test his skills and faith....

Moving towards the drunk man and the human who had just inquired about earning gold to deal with the bandits; Vax ensures that his hood is still down as he adds; "Indeed; I'm willing to aid in dealing with these bandits if someone could provide information on this 'holdfast' of thiers and where it might be located."

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#34 Post by Distorted Humor »

The Innkeep looks around, and smiles.

"you see, a few years back there was some trouble in the area, and they built a Holdfast, well, Nothing more then a stone house with a Moat about it. They being some not nice folks. Not enough to be a major problem, but too much of pain for us to tear down after we kicked them out. I am sure that a group of you in the morning could go and scout it out. The way is easy enough to get to, but I would recommend you get a group together." The Innkeep looks at all the hungry new arrivals "and I think you might be able to find them in the Inn tonight. But Wait till morning and I will get the stableboy to show you the way to the Moat-house."

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#35 Post by Distorted Humor »

OOC: It appears that we have the following players active.

Nalin (bloodymage), Vicroar(NPC), Conall(Computer + 1), Cerun (Xaxyx), Eric (Diamond_Spear) , and Vax (max Vale)

Return to “ToEE and Friends (1st Edition)”