prologue

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

prologue

#1 Post by Distorted Humor »

The night is not bad, not stormy, but raining and some of the worse roads are just mud pits. In the little village of Hommlet, which started off just as a crossroads, lies a most lovely inn, call the Welcome Wrench Inn, its rough cut furniture and friendly staff helping the 20+ guests. The town is by all accounts prosperous, in fact, there talk of the new keep being built, and new arrivals, however if you sit by the fire enough, you might hear whispers of something not quite right in the woods, talk that that there bandits on the roads, not common, but enough of a issue to cause concern. Word has spread out reminding everyone that a good bandit is a dead bandit, and whatever the bandit has is fair game. Of course, there is other, more crazy tales, based on what was here in times past.

But the food is good here at the Welcome Wrench, the fire is warm. Come inside and stay awhile....

(We are not truly going to get rolling till Sunday, but This will allow players to establish there characters....

bloodymage
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: prologue

#2 Post by bloodymage »

Nalin enters the tavern stopping just beyond the door. He looks around carefully for possible troublemakers, noting as well if there are other gnomes in the place. He will then find an empty table a order an ale.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by dmw71 »

While he initially intended to simply pass through Homlett, Vicroar realizes he is in no rush to reach is ultimate destination and may decide to stay awhile. "Let's see how elves are greeted in this town," he says quietly. "There's no time like the present" he mutters as he approaches the front doors of the inn.

After surveying the situation within, Vicroar seeks a vacancy at the bar. "Perhaps the barkeep will have a loose tongue" he thinks to himself. "I could use a nice, profitable adventure" his thoughts continue.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by Computer +1 »

Conall walks up to the Inn door in a tired weary manner, soaked to the bone. Hearing the noise inside he stops to look in his backpack for his coin pouch. He takes it out and feels its lack of weight. Sighing he puts it back in his pack as his stomach growls loudly. He enters the tavern and looks around for a seat near the fire. He tries not to drip on anyone as he plunks down into a chair.

He looks around for a serving wench or innkeeper.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by Distorted Humor »

dmw71 wrote:While he initially intended to simply pass through Homlett, Vicroar realizes he is in no rush to reach is ultimate destination and may decide to stay awhile. "Let's see how elves are greeted in this town," he says quietly. "There's no time like the present" he mutters as he approaches the front doors of the inn.

After surveying the situation within, Vicroar seeks a vacancy at the bar. "Perhaps the barkeep will have a loose tongue" he thinks to himself. "I could use a nice, profitable adventure" his thoughts continue.
The Barkeep looks Vicoar over, "Adventuring type? Yes, we seen a few of them coming about this ways. Some are heading to the north in the mountains, and i think the local militia would love to run off some bandits. But you stopped a good place, there is plenty of shops here to get what you need in our little village, and here is the best Ale of all the land." Grinning he plunks down a pint and goes to the next guy a man who already well soaked with ale...

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by Distorted Humor »

bloodymage wrote:Nalin enters the tavern stopping just beyond the door. He looks around carefully for possible troublemakers, noting as well if there are other gnomes in the place. He will then find an empty table a order an ale.
Conall walks up to the Inn door in a tired weary manner, soaked to the bone. Hearing the noise inside he stops to look in his backpack for his coin pouch. He takes it out and feels its lack of weight. Sighing he puts it back in his pack as his stomach growls loudly. He enters the tavern and looks around for a seat near the fire. He tries not to drip on anyone as he plunks down into a chair.

He looks around for a serving wench or innkeeper.
Beer Wenches quickly get you ale, it is good.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by Computer +1 »

As Conall sips his ale and dries out in front of the fire he looks around the Inn to see who is here and what is going on.

As the ale works his magic he starts to sit back more relaxed and a slight smile hits his lips.

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by Xaxyx »

Standing at the village edge, Cerun cannot help but marvel at the jagged distinction. The forest is so vibrant, so filled with lucid color, the music of the wind as it passes through the trees, the strong, fresh scent of the season. Yet the village seems so lifeless, so gray and drab. How these humans can stand to live so separated from the world around them never ceases to amaze him.

Calmly, the elf makes his way through the main thoroughfare, the rain a gentle friend as it cascades down his cloak and onto the ground. The muddy road seemingly poses him no concern as he heads toward the loudest source of noise, the inn. Pausing before the structure for a moment, Cerun takes a deep breath, steeling himself, then makes his way to the front door.

Stepping inside, Cerun inwardly winces at the clamor, the flickering lights, and most of all, the smell. Wiping his feet carefully -- humans can be so bothersome about such matters -- he then makes his way over to the bar, where the bartender is speaking with an elf, surprisingly. Seating himself, he waits politely for the two to finish their conversation before addressing the bartender himself.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by Distorted Humor »

Xaxyx wrote:Standing at the village edge, Cerun cannot help but marvel at the jagged distinction. The forest is so vibrant, so filled with lucid color, the music of the wind as it passes through the trees, the strong, fresh scent of the season. Yet the village seems so lifeless, so gray and drab. How these humans can stand to live so separated from the world around them never ceases to amaze him.

Calmly, the elf makes his way through the main thoroughfare, the rain a gentle friend as it cascades down his cloak and onto the ground. The muddy road seemingly poses him no concern as he heads toward the loudest source of noise, the inn. Pausing before the structure for a moment, Cerun takes a deep breath, steeling himself, then makes his way to the front door.

Stepping inside, Cerun inwardly winces at the clamor, the flickering lights, and most of all, the smell. Wiping his feet carefully -- humans can be so bothersome about such matters -- he then makes his way over to the bar, where the bartender is speaking with an elf, surprisingly. Seating himself, he waits politely for the two to finish their conversation before addressing the bartender himself.
The Bartender Smiles as you sit down. "Ahhh, I am honored to have you here, Some of the townfolk here are followers of St. Cuthbert, however this house follows the old gods", He places a mug of ale in front of you. "On the house, and make sure to tell Jaroo over at the grove that I said hello."

He sees if you have any questions before he goes on...

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#10 Post by Diamond_Spear »

Eric pushes open the door to the Inn and takes a step to the side as he allows his eyes to adjust to the lighting and the rain to finish dripping from his cloak. Rubbing absently at the scar on his face he takes a quick look around before deciding on a small table next to what looks like another recent arrival. Taking a seat he waits for a serving girl and orders ale and stew. While waiting for it to arrive he hangs his cloak near the fire to dry, reveling beneath his clerical tunic of blue-trimmed white with a sliver hammer superimposed on a rayed sun stitched in the center both front and back.

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by Xaxyx »

Cerun smiles. "Nature's blessings be upon you and yours, proprietor. I wonder, at what time does the metal smith of the village rise to attend to his shop? It is my hope to make use of a grindstone. While the forest sustains most of my needs, the upkeep of the weapon I bear necessitates an occasional visit with a worker of iron."

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by Computer +1 »

Diamond_Spear wrote:Eric pushes open the door to the Inn and takes a step to the side as he allows his eyes to adjust to the lighting and the rain to finish dripping from his cloak. Rubbing absently at the scar on his face he takes a quick look around before deciding on a small table next to what looks like another recent arrival. Taking a seat he waits for a serving girl and orders ale and stew. While waiting for it to arrive he hangs his cloak near the fire to dry, reveling beneath his clerical tunic of blue-trimmed white with a sliver hammer superimposed on a rayed sun stitched in the center both front and back.
Conall sees Eric enter and sit down. He looks over and says
Silver hammer on a sun huh. Which god do you worship?

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#13 Post by Diamond_Spear »

Computer +1 wrote:
Diamond_Spear wrote:Eric pushes open the door to the Inn and takes a step to the side as he allows his eyes to adjust to the lighting and the rain to finish dripping from his cloak. Rubbing absently at the scar on his face he takes a quick look around before deciding on a small table next to what looks like another recent arrival. Taking a seat he waits for a serving girl and orders ale and stew. While waiting for it to arrive he hangs his cloak near the fire to dry, reveling beneath his clerical tunic of blue-trimmed white with a sliver hammer superimposed on a rayed sun stitched in the center both front and back.
Conall sees Eric enter and sit down. He looks over and says
Silver hammer on a sun huh. Which god do you worship?
“That is the sign of Eskelon who is worshipped in my homeland as the god of both righteous battle and the god of good works and charity. He is not much known in these southern lands I know but I hope I may have some small role in changing that. Do you wish to know more or were you asking mostly out of curiosity?” Eric smiles to make sure the stranger knows his question is an honest one and meant in good humor.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by Computer +1 »

“That is the sign of Eskelon who is worshipped in my homeland as the god of both righteous battle and the god of good works and charity. He is not much known in these southern lands I know but I hope I may have some small role in changing that. Do you wish to know more or were you asking mostly out of curiosity?” Eric smiles to make sure the stranger knows his question is an honest one and meant in good humor.
Errrm more curiosity then anything else. Nothin' worse then having a ale without having some conversation to go with it. Ye from the north then? Passing through? I'm kinda passing through meself.

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#15 Post by Diamond_Spear »

Computer +1 wrote:
Errrm more curiosity then anything else. Nothin' worse then having a ale without having some conversation to go with it. Ye from the north then? Passing through? I'm kinda passing through meself.
“I don’t have a specific destination in mind. I’ve decided to leave the north for a while and wander. If I can help some people and spread some faith while doing so then I’ll be the happier for it. Would you care to sit with me? Perhaps I could buy you some of this stew or at least another ale? The road’s been lonely and it’s nice to have someone to speak to.”

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by Computer +1 »

“I don’t have a specific destination in mind. I’ve decided to leave the north for a while and wander. If I can help some people and spread some faith while doing so then I’ll be the happier for it. Would you care to sit with me? Perhaps I could buy you some of this stew or at least another ale? The road’s been lonely and it’s nice to have someone to speak to.”
Conall takes the offered seat.
I'd be happy to have a talk with yea and I must admit I'd be even happier with a bowl a' stew! I should prolly refuse yer offer fer the food but to be honest I'm skint and no man should sleep on'a empty stomach

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#17 Post by Diamond_Spear »

Computer +1 wrote:
I'd be happy to have a talk with yea and I must admit I'd be even happier with a bowl a' stew! I should prolly refuse yer offer fer the food but to be honest I'm skint and no man should sleep on'a empty stomach
“I agree.” Eric orders a stew and an ale for his new tablemate. “May I ask what your profession is?”

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#18 Post by Distorted Humor »

Xaxyx wrote:Cerun smiles. "Nature's blessings be upon you and yours, proprietor. I wonder, at what time does the metal smith of the village rise to attend to his shop? It is my hope to make use of a grindstone. While the forest sustains most of my needs, the upkeep of the weapon I bear necessitates an occasional visit with a worker of iron."

"That would be 'Brother Smyth', he is across the street, his is the building that does not smell of Tanning leather and has smoke coming out, He arises in the morning, and if he not at his forge he is at the grove. Good man he is."

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by Distorted Humor »

Diamond_Spear wrote:
Computer +1 wrote:
“I agree.” Eric orders a stew and an ale for his new tablemate. “May I ask what your profession is?”

The Wrench gets some food and previsions for the tired traveler, and laughs as a drunken but friendly man gets on his knees and kisses her hand. then goes to the bar to drink. Appears to be a local.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by Computer +1 »

To be honest I don't know fer sure. Me Da' is a farmer. His Da' was a farmer. His Da' was a farmer too. I guess I'm a farmer in me blood.

Return to “ToEE and Friends (1st Edition)”