Chapter 11 - Back to No-Go (Knob Forest)

AleBelly
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 11 - Back to No-Go (Knob Forest)

#41 Post by AleBelly »

Just a reminder that the raven was sent to look for no-go. Unless Hellebore would have acted differently...

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Zhym »

Oh, right. I retract Angus's question. Let's just move on to No Go.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by tkrexx »

Wha... Hah?? Hyde stands, bewildered. Where'd them come from, hah? Chet! Get outta the tree, Chet. This be serious. Them be the same minted coin like them first Orcs we nabbed? They be gettin' mighty cocky if they be makin' their own money, yeahh.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion looks around and worries where these orcs were from.
Have we drifted into danger? We best move on, I think.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by AleBelly »

The dead orcs keep the party company as they await Rrkox's return. The eagle leaves to hunt, returning with a dead gopher. Yum.

An hour after the orc "battle," the raven returns, squawking to indicate it found a town. Indeed, the party was over two miles off. They head west (with a slight southerly bent), and about 20 minutes before sundown reach town no-go. This time they emerge from the forest on the east side, not far from the manse in which they found the hanging bodies. (near the scale marker in map below)
Town no go layout.jpg
Town no go layout.jpg (33.29 KiB) Viewed 298 times
A couple of minutes of observation reveals no movement, save the solitary bird flying about in the distance. The party has a little less than an hour of daylight.

Actions?

Date: 4 Culling, Year 42
Time: 17:04
Conditions: 36F, clear, 10 mph wind from north, 2 inches of slushy snow on ground
Known Spells in Effect: None
Light bearers: Sun, 50 more minutes of light
Intended Direction of Travel: Town No-Go (Knob Forest), 260 degree bearing, 1.2 mph through forest, 11.0 mph traveled today
Injury Status: None
Last edited by AleBelly on Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Zorroroaster »

"We should find a safe place to hole up for the night. I'd rather face No Go with a spring in my step."
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Zhym »

AleBelly wrote:This time they emerge from the forest on the west side, not far from the manse in which they found the hanging bodies.
Isn't that east?
"No argument here," answers Angus. "Where do you reckon is a safe place to sleep?"

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by AleBelly »

Zhym wrote:
AleBelly wrote:This time they emerge from the forest on the west side, not far from the manse in which they found the hanging bodies.
Isn't that east?
Yep. Changed it.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Marullus »

Hellebore smirks at Chet's predicament with the pine tree, then unweaves the magic to let both and the corpses drop to the ground. She is quiet, keeping to herself and her animals until they reach town No-Go.

"Perhaps those peasant houses off to the left. I don't trust either the church or the manse at night," she offers.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion asks,

Or, would it be best to back into the woods where we have some protection from the spirits around this place?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Zorroroaster »

"With all our muscle, I imagine we would be able to secure one of the huts that Hellebore points out. I'm ok with that. Let's just keep a low profile and hopefully not wake anything up."
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Zhym »

Angus nods his agreement and sets out for one of the peasant houses Hellebore pointed to.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Storm11 »

Tempus is ok with either spot and follows along with the rest. The town seems eerily quiet and still.

Is the sky still clear tonight? The halfling looks up, his dreadlocks trailing behind him.
Greys Campaign.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#54 Post by enn.in.me »

"Keeping warm, dry, and out of site of casual passers-by seems good to me. Let's find a hut." Yenny accompanies Angus in the search for housing.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion nods. She is worried based on how the previous encounter in this town made her feel. But, she knows she is safer with the group than without.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by tkrexx »

I'm gonna build a fire, Hyde announces. I don't like this cold, no, and I don't like this place, neitha. I ain't gonna be here without a fire. Them dead things, they burn, yeahh.

CAI4
Ranger
Ranger

#57 Post by CAI4 »

When they reach the peasant house, Chet searches for a shovel or something else to dig a cathole with. "This is where we should go to the bathroom. Then we don't leave any essence behind. We're gonna cover it back up with dirt. Then no sign we were here."

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by AleBelly »

Carefully, the party creeps towards the ruined peasant houses. The charred corpses of the hanging bodies are still piled just outside the mansion. But nothing moves.

The peasant homes have all been ravaged by the decades since they were inhabited. Everyday items, bleached by the sun and rain, conjure sad thoughts of the thousands of common lives ruined by the fall of Masmuria. However, the rotting timbers provide a good source of firewood, and the industrious Hyde quickly builds a fire. The group looks around for secure lodging. All homes are half-standing at best, but amongst the debris the group manages to find comfortable places to settle in. The mounts even seem content.
old house1.jpg
old house1.jpg (73.42 KiB) Viewed 265 times
old house2.jpg
old house2.jpg (89.38 KiB) Viewed 265 times
As the party settles down to sleep, Chet, Yenny and Dandelion take first watch. Watches posted in the usual place. Let me know if this needs to change. The fat gibbous moon hangs high in the clear night sky. The faces of the half-orc, human and gnome are bathed in the glow of firelight.

Let me know if there are any actions before going to sleep.

Date: 4 Culling, Year 42
Time: 18:00
Conditions: 33F, clear, 11 mph wind from north, 2 inches of ice-crusted snow on ground
Known Spells in Effect: None
Light bearers: Campfire
Intended Direction of Travel:
Injury Status: None

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Storm11 »

Tempus approaches Yenny cautiously. Is there any way you can speak with the corpses of the fallen here to find out what they know? I heard tell that powerful priests and priestesses have that gift!"
Greys Campaign.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion is somewhat glad she has the first shift. She wouldn't be able to sleep much at the moment anyway, so it helps pass the time.

She asks, quietly...
So, I dont know much about these dead things. I prefer livelier entertainment of course. What should I do or not do if I see one of those dead people from last time, again? Besides screaming?

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”