Let's build a ship...

Antman9
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Let's build a ship...

#21 Post by Marullus »

Do we keep temp Shuttle 1: Dà Gāisǐ Bānchē (Big Damn Shuttle), and if so do we modify it or keep it as is?
Yes! It is awesome. :)
Primary Ship...
So, the GM has offered us a big Titan-floorplan ship with a Kintsugi style, and a big Shuttle which is equally cool.

Taking into account what Jack mentioned as preferences, how about this for the big ship?

Kintsugi Class Salvage Ship / Titan Transport (d10)
Engines 8 Hull 8 Systems 8

Although quite large, the bulk of these vessels serve mainly to anchor smaller ships in place while the crew dismantles, strips, or repairs them. All sorts of things can be found in a salvage ship’s cargo hold, from the personal effects of stranded travelers to critical and rare parts that can repair almost any ship.
  • Gain 1 Plot Point when you roll a d4 instead of a d8.
  • Parts ‘R Us: Spend 1 PP to create a d8 Asset when looking for a part to fix a ship.
  • Rippin' and fixin' montage: Spend 1 PP at the beginning of a timed action involving repairing a ship or gathering salvage. For each of your rolls during the timed action, your crew may reroll any die that comes up 1 instead of accepting a PP for it. If the reroll is also a 1, it can't be rerolled.
Off the grid 8
  • Where did she go?: spend 1 PP to create a No record found d8 asset when trying to prevent someone from tracking you through the Cortex.
  • Things go smooth…er: take or step up a complication related to your ship's missing identification to reroll a die when dealing with the law.
Experimental 8
Outfitted with cutting edge technology, what better place to test
it than out in the ’Verse?
  • Gain 1 Plot Point when you roll a d4 instead of a d8.
  • Experimental Settings: When using a ship’s Signature
    Asset, you may step up or double that die. Step up any
    Complications that arise from that roll.
  • Advanced Networking: In any pool containing Systems,
    you may replace two dice of the same size for one
    stepped-up die.
Signature assets:

Electromagnetic shielding 8
Your systems have been upgraded with advanced shielding and programs designed to keep hackers out and your digital and heat signature in. When power is shut down to minimal safe amounts, it's nearly impossible to detect your ship from a distance.[/quote]

EMP Weapons (d8)
Your ship is equipped with electromagnetic pulse missiles and bombs capable of disabling another boat’s electronics. These weapons require Alliance registration and give crews the chance to take a ship without destroying it.

Jack
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by Jack »

Ah nuts - I was sure I'd posted a big reply here, but it looks like the post didn't go thru. I'll rewrite that post later today.

Jack
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#23 Post by Jack »

Sorry for delaying this - I'm unlikely to have enough time until the weekend, so I'm happy with the big shuttle and the Titan main ship, and the distinctions and signature assets Antman, Marullus, and the rest decide on.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Marullus »

Thanks, Jack!

Any thoughts on the proposal above from others, then?

Thoughts on the opening triggers? I suggest:
Parts R Us
Ripping and Fixing Montage
Experimental Settings

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I havent read thriugh the ship building section at all, so i dont know of any alternatives avwilable. That said, i like the character of the proposed ship. As the jerry-rigging mechanic, it offers my character a lot of opportunities. Boscoe will be sure to build things for the rest of you, too.

Return to “Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)”