Re: OOC Thread

#21 Post by Distorted Humor »

Thanks for cleaning that up.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Equipment

#22 Post by dmw71 »

Would you allow the purchase of supplies listed from the OSRIC rulebook as it offers a greater variety?

For instance, I plan on having my character use a bow and would like for him to wear archery bracers. Leather bracers are listed in the OSRIC rulebook, but not in the 1E (or even 2E) Players Handbook.

It'd obviously be helpful to know your opinion on this before I go on a shopping spree. :D

Thanks,
- Dave
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#23 Post by Distorted Humor »

I have no problems with folks buying non-magical gear from the OSRIC book. In fact, I built the hirelings out of the OSRIC book as it great for references.

And on good news, we are up to five players, so hopefully the other two characters will be rolled up and we can start on Sunday. Of course, if you know anyone who wants to play we will take in a few more players.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#24 Post by dmw71 »

Distorted Humor wrote:I have no problems with folks buying non-magical gear from the OSRIC book. In fact, I built the hirelings out of the OSRIC book as it great for references.
Awesome, thanks!
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#25 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:
Alethan wrote:
Xaxyx wrote:May I politely suggest folks not post commentary in the player character thread? It's generally reserved for character sheets only. Ooga booga!
<modhaton>

Moved them out of the Character thread for you guys.

<modhatoff>
You wield an wicked <modhat>, good sir! ;)
Thank goodness for not very long, though. :)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#26 Post by Distorted Humor »

Just as a note, I posted some new house-rules. Going over XP and I am playing with the -10 rule.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#27 Post by Distorted Humor »

Up to seven players :)

For those who have not created a character, please do so by Sunday.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#28 Post by Distorted Humor »

I had a question on Spell Components.

Each caster has the components to cast the spell five times, after that they have the scrounge up stuff.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by Computer +1 »

Will roll up my character tomorrow I think!

Fighter sounds good to me!

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#30 Post by Distorted Humor »

Just as a note, I have started up the game, Also this is a sandbox, so if the party decides they want to go elsewhere, I am ready.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by max_vale »

Hello everybody;

I just wanted to say that DH was kind enough to invite me to join this game and I'm in the midst of creating a Cleric/Thief character to brave ToEE with you all.....just hashing out a few minor details for the character via PM with DH.

Anyway; I wanted to see if my concept of a Thief with some Clerical magic to help out with stealth/loot finding (I'm thinking Find Traps & Detect Magic being used a lot; and if I'm lucky enough to make it to 3rd Level; then kicking in with Darkness and/or Silence on an object on the characters' person would work nicely); works for the other members of the party....or if the the standard 'combat medic' (i.e. nothing but CLW spells) model is a better idea. Thoughts?

Oh yeah...and as a huge fan of Greyhawk and ToEE; it's awesome to be here! :)

-Max

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#32 Post by Xaxyx »

My standard disclaimer is: play what you'll enjoy playing. If you're having fun, then you made the right choice!

I find the cleric/thief combo to be quite interesting. We have someone playing a cleric/thief in our face-to-face weekly ToEE game. It's a fascinating combination of abilities and poses many intriguing role-playing scenarios. Plus, every party can always use another cleric. ;)

I'd suggest checking with your local DM to see whether he'll permit you to wear studded leather armor in your circumstance.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by max_vale »

Yeah, Cleric and Thief are two of my 3 favorite classes in 1st Edition (the other being Ranger); I like the versatility of both classes and I think they blend together quite well. My only real concern is how 'by the book' our DM is....if he is 'by the letter of the book'; then my half-orc will be limited to a very low level in Cleric (only 4th)....but I can live with that if that's the ruling.

My other concern is the weapons allowed.....the rules would seem to sugges that a Cleric/Thief could use the Thief Weapons list.....but I figured I should check just in case.

Something I never noticed before....even with UA; Clerics in 1st Edition are not allowed to use Slings....I wonder if this is an oversight? They can in Basic (both B/X and BECMI) and in 2nd Edition.....odd....

I was thinking about Studded Leather....but the impact on some of the Thief Skills makes me a bit skittish; still...at Low Level and playing in ToEE; every point of AC helps! :) I'll give it some thought....

Anyway, thanks for the welcome Xaxyx!

-Max

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#34 Post by Xaxyx »

Recent discussions on Dragonsfoot imply that cleric/thieves could not use pointy thief weapons; only cleric/fighters could do that. But of course, I am not the DM. :)

Clerics don't get slings, but thieves do. So you might have a case for that, as it's (a) permitted by one of your classes and (b) not pointy.

Level 1 thieves have terrible skill chances no matter what armor they're wearing. So I'd wear armor until at least level 2, then see how brazen you feel. Cleric/thieves level the fastest of all multi-class characters, about on-pace with paladins.

bloodymage
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#35 Post by bloodymage »

I'll be at NTRPGCon over the weekend.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#36 Post by Distorted Humor »

First off, hi all.

Second all, I was in a car wreck, but just a few parts needing replaced, and I am still in the game. 80 year old guy said he didn't see me and pulled out into a intersection and I hit him. But I am fine.

As for cleric/theifs - (Holy voice of the DM making a call) Studded leather, slings, but not pointed weapons is the quick call from the DM.

As for my schedule, Tomorrow I am going to be VERY busy, work late, then midnight showing of Prometheus.

As for the starting out, glad to see the party starting to get the bearings and starting to form a nucleus. max_vale and acererak still need to walk in the place. And at some point we need morning so that folks can explore town, and while this is the ToEE, there are a few crumbs to other adventures in case the party wanders about or needs a break from ToEE.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by max_vale »

DH: Glad to hear you're okay! I have finished up statting out Vax; please take a look and let me know if everything is cool.

I went with regular leather armor as I find the penalties with Studded Leather just too high....and yes, I know I have practically no chance of doing anything anyway at 1st level (except Climbing Walls)...but still! :)

acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#38 Post by acererak »

DH,
Sorry to hear about the accident, hope you enjoy the movie. I will have my character ready tonight.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by max_vale »

Diamond Spear: I know DH has said this is "Greyhawk Lite"; but I just wanted to let you know (if you didn't allready know) that there is a God of Good Warrios and Paladins in "Cannon" TSR Greyhawk; Heironeous.

He would seem to be quite similiar to your Eskelon God; the only major difference being his symbolic weapon is the Battle Axe and his Symbol a Lightning Bolt.

Just thought I'd throw this out there; feel free to use it or not as you like! :)

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#40 Post by Distorted Humor »

max_vale wrote:Diamond Spear: I know DH has said this is "Greyhawk Lite"; but I just wanted to let you know (if you didn't allready know) that there is a God of Good Warrios and Paladins in "Cannon" TSR Greyhawk; Heironeous.

He would seem to be quite similiar to your Eskelon God; the only major difference being his symbolic weapon is the Battle Axe and his Symbol a Lightning Bolt.

Just thought I'd throw this out there; feel free to use it or not as you like! :)
This is true, however, its very light on greyhawk, as i love the modules for greyhawk, but not the world ;)

Return to “ToEE and Friends (1st Edition)”