GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Discussion 3

#2 Post by sulldawga »

Sorry I disappeared for a few days. I think I deleted a "there's been a new post" email without clicking over to the site and never got any more updates. I woke up this morning thinking, "Geez, I haven't seen a Dwimmer post in a while" and quickly realized it was my fault.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by drpete »

lol, yeah, I know that feeling. It's cool. Given that the group has a pretty well-defined path they were taking forward, we just moved ahead.

Are people ok with the pacing, and how I'm handling moving things forward? I've generally been kind of aggressive about keeping up the pace during this exploration, so if you want me to slow down, please let me know.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by kalstone »

It's fine with me. If I disagree with the way we we're heading, I'll be sure to speak up.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by sulldawga »

I'm fine with the pacing.

bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by bobloblah »

Nah, it's been perfect.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by Dogma »

I'm good with it too. We had sort of mapped out a path we were taking and you kept us moving along it...

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by barkman »

Things are moving fine for me....

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by drpete »

Uh oh... you guys ok?
Gamorrean_trio_btm.jpg
Gamorrean_trio_btm.jpg (37.22 KiB) Viewed 1278 times

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#10 Post by kalstone »

Yeah. I'm just thinking about whether we should try to close the door to the east before the orcs arrive. My instinct is to try to limit the number of things we're fighting, but it might be better to go ahead and get the confrontation with the orcs over with.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by thirdkingdom »

Aight, we've got two options as I see it:

1)Retreat. Plud is the newest character on the front lines and I volunteer him to hold them back while everyone flees.

2)Rotate Plud out as well, bringing Zim and . . . Quinn, I guess, to the front line, with Solaine attacking from the second rank. It would be great if we could get Ajax in the mix and maybe get Climent to pull his weight and cast a spell (Choking Grip would be ideal now). Pete, can we retcon it that Galen casts CLW on Ranulf during the previous round when he retreated?

Thoughts?

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by kalstone »

It's definitely looking dicey, but I don't think we need to panic yet. If we can kill the orcs with the spears, they will only be able to get two attacks at us a round. Galen can cure Plud or Ranulf and they can get back into the fight. Em and Audi can man the front line too along with Quinn and Solaine or even Torgyr in a pinch.

If we do have to retreat, we don't have to sacrifice anyone. We can withdraw to the secret door and close it. Then we have a safe line of travel to the exit (as long as we get there faster than the orcs).

bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#14 Post by bobloblah »

I think we need to swap Ranulf, Plud, or both off the front line. If Emm and Audi have melee weapons other than spears, they can drop the spears to draw short weapons, then advance into our frontline's place by holding Initiative. Plud and Ranulf can pick up the dropped spears after they move back. Brother Galen can advance to beside the doorway, and cast CLW on one or the other. Climent needs to cast a damn spell, and Torgyr might want to drop a flask of military oil just through the door, beneath the orcs' feet; we can either toast them, or hold them back if we decide to book it.

EDIT: Actually, the other thing I meant to ask was whether or not Ajax can attack without disrupting the front line?

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#15 Post by barkman »

Am I able to shoot a sling at the orcs behind the ones in melee, like the shaman/leader type?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by drpete »

I'm ok with putting in the healing in the last round, if you want, but it sounds like how to deploy that is still in play. Overcasting isn't an option for you "yet" but I'm eventually going to introduce that as a possibility.

The second line of orcs now have battleaxes, so there won't be as many attacks coming in. The axe wielding batch have also suffered damage from oil splash. Behind them are more orcs with spears, but that's a bridge to cross in a round or two.

Ajax, if sent in, won't easily stay on the line, but he doesn't need a "5 foot space" either. He will basically charge in and start killing, but he's not really trained to stay in line with someone not his master. We can figure out the specific commands he knows, but look at the choices in lairs and encounters for a sense of tactical choices with him.

Also, there are lots of spears on the ground, right now. It's a common orc weapon. Anyone can pick one up if they want one.

Climent will come out if you want him to.

And yes, you can target the back ranks with missile weapons.

bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#17 Post by bobloblah »

Sorry about the slow posting. Dealing with an ill family member.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by drpete »

Sorry to hear that, man. Hope everything is alright. Take your time.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by sulldawga »

I'm going on vacation for four days, starting tomorrow. Will be slow in posting so feel free to puppet Zim if I don't respond within a day.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Zorroroaster »

thirdkingdom wrote:Plud the Panivorous

"Bah!", exclaims Plud, "we have killed more than a score of orcs and they have fled in terror before our wrath. Our wounds have been bound -- I feel the very model of vim and vigor! However! We have yet to enrich ourselves to my contentment. The surviving orcs are no doubt fortifying themselves with their treasure as we speak, fondling the shiny gold like some absurd caricature of an elderly mallard in spats and a waistcoat, diving into a swimming pool of coins! I say we move out immediately, and reap our reward!"
Ok, you're awesome. Hah!
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

Return to “Dwimmermount (ACKS)”