3) The Return to the Not Exactly Haunted House

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: 3) The Return to the Not Exactly Haunted House

#421 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ben the sailing thief finally takes a good look at the lockbox. It is heavy, hopefully filled with gold and magical treasure. The tip of Umricks dagger has broken the needle trap off but the tiny piece of metal is still jammed into the lock. Even if there was a key to be found for it, which you already have, the locking mechanism is now broken beyond repair from the initial rough treatment. This box will now need to be cut or forcefully pried open to get at its contents.

After what seemed like a lifetime, the group finally departs the so called haunted house, heading back to the relative safety of the seaside town of Saltmarsh. Doubtful smartly scuffs the floor inside the door on his way out, hoping that it will show him if others have entered if they return. The wisdom of the priest shows itself as well as Keilif looks back on the mansion just before they leave the sight of it behind. He sees no action at all form the now empty house. There is no light or movement whatsoever that he notices from this distance. Jonas actually passes out on the way home and needs to be carried most of the way back.

The moon is now half full, casting just enough light for the last few miles of the dark journey to get the novice adventurers back to town safely. Around the last bend in the road, The walls and gate of Saltmarsh appear up ahead in the distance. It is late in the evening when the party finally approaches the gates.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#422 Post by Mant72 »

Keilif:

"Hurry! We must make haste. I fear poor Jonas may soon heed the Sea Mother's call." Although the hour is late, Keilif makes directly for the Temple of Shileil.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#423 Post by ravenn4544 »

Ben heads off to see if he can find Tortuga and relate the party's findings.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#424 Post by wolfpack »

jervis curses his blindness and leaving the armor and weapons behind and vows to return for them.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#425 Post by Scott308 »

Umrick Histix, Gnome Fighter

Umrick will help carry Jonas to the Temple of Shileil.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#426 Post by coil23 »

Doubtful will help in getting all the injured safely to the temple of Shileil.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#427 Post by hedgeknight »

Burleson Blue Finger

Trudging along with the rest, leading Jervis so he won't fall in a ditch or stumble over a cliff, Burly's hopes a lifted a bit when the town of Saltmarsh comes into view.
"Where are you staying?" he asks Jervis, guiding the man through the gates and toward the Uptown Inn. "I have a place with hot baths and nice food. If you want to bunk with me until your eyesight returns, you're welcome to do so. I just want to get out of these stinking clothes. You should see my finger > it's as blue as a robin's egg!"

Carrying the locked box and helping Jervis is about all Burly can manage. He doesn't even grunt a "goodbye" to his companions. He just heads for the inn and a place to rest and eat.
Last edited by hedgeknight on Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#428 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Next installment starts up right here.

viewtopic.php?f=318&t=5983

Return to “U1 The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (1e)”