OOC Thread

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Thread

#81 Post by max_vale »

I'm definitely good with the marching order.

Also; sorry for the late reply, but I'm cool with carring the torch if you don't want Kytan to do it.

Sorry about the late reply....I was one of the East Coast millions without power after that storm on Friday night....it's been a fun few days! Things are okay now though; so sorry about that!

Thanks for the reply Acererak; I just wrote in Durin as if he had been with the group for a bit. :)

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#82 Post by saalaria »

No worries Max - maybe once we move on you could take it to free my mace-arm up plus putting the light more centrally within the party, as I will be potentially be at the back depending on corridor width.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#83 Post by Alethan »

max_vale wrote: Sorry about the late reply....I was one of the East Coast millions without power after that storm on Friday night....it's been a fun few days! Things are okay now though; so sorry about that!
Gawd, like THAT excuse hasn't been used a few million times in the last two days! Can't come up with anything better?

;)

Glad to hear you have power back on, Max. I went through several bad outages in my condo a few years ago (most memorable was an outage when it was down to 15 degrees out and we slept on the floor in front of the fireplace with all three cats snuggled up on top of us (and I had to get up every few hours to renew the fire) and an outage when it was 98 degrees at midnight and we slept on the tile floor in the dining room (again, with all three cats on the floor next to us).

When we decided to sell the condo and buy a house, we found one in an older subdivision with underground lines. In five years, we've had one or two blinks (outages of less than 6 seconds, by definition (I work in the utility industry)) and one outage where our transformer blew (it was past its life expectancy).

Last night, two of our neighbors in our cul-de-sac lost power for reasons unknown, as did all of the houses behind us, but we remained on. Weird. But one more reason why I love our house. :)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by max_vale »

This is the second or third time we've been without power for more than a day in the 7 years we've been living here. Thankfully; at least this time it wasn't with snow and ice clogged streets like it was last time in the winter of 2010-2011....my daughter was all of 4 or 5 months old; and that was scary....we had to all huddle up in a bed and luckily our gas stove still worked, so we could heat up water for her milk.

But yeah....no AC in 100 degree heat really blows chunks! :)

acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#85 Post by acererak »

Hey everybody. Hope all is well. If anyone is going to have to go for some time without posting just let me know so I don't slow the game down waiting for you. Also, if you want or need to drop out, just let me know, I won't be offended. I'm just trying to keep the game interesting and keep it going.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#86 Post by dmw71 »

acererak wrote:Hey everybody. Hope all is well. If anyone is going to have to go for some time without posting just let me know so I don't slow the game down waiting for you. Also, if you want or need to drop out, just let me know, I won't be offended. I'm just trying to keep the game interesting and keep it going.
Eugene is present, and wishes to remain so.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by max_vale »

Count me in!

acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#88 Post by acererak »

Thanks guys 8-)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#89 Post by Alethan »

Definitely in; currently on the road, but with good wifi access. Unfortunately, no external keyboard on the iPad makes for tedious responses.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#90 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Caby looks around...

"So... No need to check the rooms coming off of this one, then?"

thought we were in the first level of the "dungeon" now! You guys seem awfully eager to get to level 2, where the stakes are higher and the steaks are generally tougher. ;)
:oops:

I kept looking back only to the initial description of the room we are in, with the writings on the wall, the high ceilings and the statue with a cauldron, but no doors. I must have missed or completely forgotten their mention a few posts later, which is especially embarrassing considering the following post specifically mentions my character: From Eugene's position on the landing he can also note that there are doors in the center of the west and east walls. D'oh!

Now, having that exposed hole in the floor may be a bit of a problem. :lol:
-- Project --
-- DM --

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by max_vale »

I remembered the doors, but after we found the hole....Durin just wants to go to whatever the newest thing we find because, well....for a smart guy, he's an over-eager idiot! :)

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#92 Post by saalaria »

Oh no and I was hoping my diligence in door watching and listening was not going unnoticed!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#93 Post by dmw71 »

saalaria wrote:Oh no and I was hoping my diligence in door watching and listening was not going unnoticed!
I did notice Kytan's actions, though I admit to obsessively paying attention to the group that was toying with the statue.

No matter, we'll regroup and proceed accordingly.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#94 Post by Distorted Humor »

Indeed, I think its best we explore, but after we check out the statue.

But if we need to pick a door...I saw lets go west, as i always wanted to visit the west...

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#95 Post by saalaria »

thought we were in the first level of the "dungeon" now! You guys seem awfully eager to get to level 2, where the stakes are higher and the steaks are generally tougher. ;)[/quote]

Lol - the "steaks" comment cracked me up!

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#96 Post by Xaxyx »

Sorry about that; I missed the bit where Boldus was asked to open the door. Also, I (the player) assumed we'd be checking for traps first or something.

acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#97 Post by acererak »

We can definitely set a protocol where we assume a door is checked for traps first by Eugene if everyone is so inclined. This would be for doors only, for rooms I would need detail as to what you were searching etc.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#98 Post by dmw71 »

acererak wrote:We can definitely set a protocol where we assume a door is checked for traps first by Eugene if everyone is so inclined. This would be for doors only, for rooms I would need detail as to what you were searching etc.
Eugene is more than happy to make searching all doors for traps part of the standard operating procedures for the group.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#99 Post by Distorted Humor »

As a side note, does anyone else brought along Iron Spikes? I will be burning though them quickly.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#100 Post by Alethan »

Not me. For some reason, I've always had an aversion to carrying around a large sack of iron spikes... so I never get them.

*shrugs*

Return to “Tomb of the Iron God”