Action Thread 2

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Action Thread 2

#1 Post by ToniXX »

Day 3 (7 Delian) - Early morning

The party arises with the sun. The morning air is crisp and it feels that it may be a bit cooler than the previous day. A mild wind blows from the west.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 2

#2 Post by rredmond »

"Bacon." Nunyet says as he wakes. He stretches and says "Prayers first." He faces the way they are heading, blessing the road ahead and calling to mind the prayers he needs for the spells he'll use today.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Argennian »

Brok makes his way around the perimeter of their camp in an accentuated circle, bow to hand and arrow nocked, looking for any signs of the brigands they encountered on the day previous, as well as any other dangers present. He’ll take a moment to regard the main road and notate any traffic he sees upon it.

The young agent returns to camp and takes up a guard position with his bow. Between his constant visual reconnoiters, he watches Nunyet and the others whilst they go about preparing an epic bacon breakfast!
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#4 Post by Alethan »

"Let's smoke some of that boar before we get on our way... Oh, Veneficus, 'our way' is west for most of the day, towards an abandoned temple north of the main road on a large hill. We've been tasked to clear it of some Red Blade lads and their orc friends. There was the usual hiring cost and bonuses and such... I'm sure we can get you in for a share, if you're interested in joining us." He shrugs. "If we can't talk them into it, then I'll be happy to share some of mine with you, as long as you earn it! But we're hoping most of our reward will come from spoils, in any case... and you'd get a full share of that, regardless."

"So... you in?"
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by Xaxyx »

"Your offer is most fair," Veneficus says thoughtfully, as he absently tends to the morning maintenance of his equipment. "I had recently sought employment, providing simple guard duty, but the caravan I was to protect never arrived. So it seems I am indeed available to join your ranks."

"Tell me more of this Red Blade, if you would," he says. "How strong are their numbers? How is it that they have managed to befriend orcs?"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#6 Post by Alethan »

Xaxyx wrote:"Tell me more of this Red Blade, if you would," he says. "How strong are their numbers? How is it that they have managed to befriend orcs?"
"Well, yes..." Francisco stammers. "The... uh, the Red Blade is... That is to say, they're this group that is... ummm... and they've managed to..."

He stops.

"Bloody hell... I've no idea! But the gold is real enough and the request came from the governor of Newiron. And the requester... boy, was she something to look at..." he trails off, listlessly.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by ToniXX »

Day 3 (7 Delian) - Mid morning

The tasty bacon breakfast is gobbled up by everyone in the party. Will you take some of the boar meat with you? If so, how much?

The party, with its new member, moves south towards the road, then continues west. You walk for two hours or so, encountering no other travelers. You come to a point in the road where it begins to drop into a valley. The road going into the valley is steeper than before, but still looks pretty easy to navigate. You can see from your vantage point that the road levels off at the bottom of the valley, and continues east.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by Nuke66 »

Cis continues to monitor for wild beasts, hoping to convince them to look elsewhere for a meal.

"At least it is a nice day for a hike."

OOC: 20 pounds or so of charred flesh should keep until we eat it, so, that would be a nice round flank or two.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#9 Post by Alethan »

"By my reckoning,"Francisco says, looking at the rough map, "we're right about here." He points to a spot just above a crook in the road. "Should be about five miles to the Turwick Gorge, where the road splits. That puts just a few miles from the temple."
He rolls the map back up.

"Let's stop for lunch in a few hours, then continue on and see what time of day it is by the time we meet up with the split in the road. Unfortunately, I think we're going to get within range of the temple right around dusk, which is no good for a frontal attack... but it might make for good scouting weather."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:... "Let's stop for lunch in a few hours, then continue on and see what time of day it is by the time we meet up with the split in the road. Unfortunately, I think we're going to get within range of the temple right around dusk, which is no good for a frontal attack... but it might make for good scouting weather."

"Agreed," replies Brok as he continues his constant visual search. "It would be nice to get a proper reconnoiter of the area surrounding the temple, before our approach. I am... curious about the current disposition of the forces that are reported to be inhabiting the place."

The agent then looks to the party's new member with undivided attention. "I say, Master Veneficus, have you seen any orcs or other groups of humans in your travels about this area? We were accosted by human brigands hailing from Zevorond yesterday, or at least wearing her heraldry. Unfortunately, a few of them escaped our reprisal and got away into the underbrush. I wonder if you might have noticed any traveling not on the road?"
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by Xaxyx »

"I have not," Veneficus says. "Yours is the first group I have come upon traveling in this area. Indeed, it is quite unusual to learn of humans of any sort cavorting with orcishkind." He then glances at Yarl, raising an eyebrow. "Though admittedly, not entirely unheard of."

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl looks at Veneficus and snorts.

If that puke is comin' with us he aint getting a part of my share. Nice of you ladies to just decide to cut into our profits by inviting some turd to jump in. Not to mention he already brought trouble our way.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#13 Post by Alethan »

"We welcome anyone who is open to the prospect of clearing this land of such evils, even if they are a tad difficult to get along with..."

Francisco turns to Yarl.

"I seem to recall you inviting yourself to the party, as well, Yarl. Don't worry, though, you can keep every piece of gold, silver, and copper due you from the governor. But if Veneficus proves his worth at our side, he will most definitely receive an equal share of spoils. That's the way it is in any society, civilized or not. If you don't like it, nobody is stopping you from going your own way." He sweeps his arm out to the road.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by Computer +1 »

I'm here cuz you all needed a guide. He is here because he got his ass in trouble and pawned it off on us.

And now you decide he gets a share based on what? You in charge now? You gonna decide who gets what? I was hired for my part, we all paying everyone with us a full share? You givin' the linkboy, packhandler and Pharmac a full share too?

You sure are real generous with money that aint yours. I says who is he and what good is he?

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#15 Post by ToniXX »

Day 3 (7 Delian) - Mid morning

Just as Yarl finishes his sentence, the party hears a female voice coming from somewhere along the road that leads down into the valley below. What the voice said and how far away it was is hard to discern, as it was quick yet piercing. Looking in the direction of the voice reveals nothing but stony outcroppings and scrubby bushes on either side of the now quiet road.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#16 Post by Alethan »

"We don't need a guide to follow a damned road. We took you on because you needed the coin, just like us. Stay or go, Yarl, I don't care at this point. Now, if you'll excuse me..."

Francisco then turns, grabs his loaded crossbow, and heads towards the sound of the scream, keeping as low to the ground as he can while still maintaining a proper pace.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by Computer +1 »

This ain't settled, I'll settle it if you wont

Yarl adjusts his pack and heads towards the noise.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Argennian »

ToniXX wrote:Day 3 (7 Delian) - Mid morning

Just as Yarl finishes his sentence, the party hears a female voice coming from somewhere along the road that leads down into the valley below. What the voice said and how far away it was is hard to discern, as it was quick yet piercing. Looking in the direction of the voice reveals nothing but stony outcroppings and scrubby bushes on either side of the now quiet road.
Brok immediately springs into action, a grim and businesslike look screwed upon his visage. He begins to move forward, bow to hand and arrow ready, and looking in the direction of the voice for movement. "We might have been seen from those stony outcroppings. It could be a trap, be ready. Mind your flank," he communicates to the others just loud enough to be heard.

The young agent will make for the side of the road in order to use whatever cover he can moving forward. He will keep pace with the others but hopes to be able to strike from the brush if possible or needed.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by Nuke66 »

Cis also leaves the road, feeling far safer and more at home in the brush. Flanking the group on the left, he moves forward.

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#20 Post by Xaxyx »

Veneficus calmly unslings his bow and notches an arrow. Fanning out with the group, he advances in the direction of the voice, covering the right flank.

Return to “Incursion into Newiron - OSRIC”