Action Thread 2

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Action Thread 2

#321 Post by ToniXX »

rredmond wrote:Wounds? The cleric says, not having fallen asleep yet, why the glory of the Horizon and the blessings of Fharlanghn can help there!

Should I roll me a d8 DM?
Yes if your intention is to cast CLW.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#322 Post by Nuke66 »

Cis retreats down the trail a ways and scouts the area, still wondering where the support from the horn will come from.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#323 Post by rredmond »

You have fought well in your protection of the Road, and Fharlanghn has special blessings for wandering Rangers, Nunyet bows his head, places his hand on Francisco and says, reverently, The Horizon.

Cure Light Wounds: [1d8] = 6

Darn tootin'!

How is everyone else? Before I sleep and pray I can proffer the blessing of The Horizon upon one other.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#324 Post by Xaxyx »

"I too suffered wounds during the fight, priest of Fharlanghn," Veneficus says. "They are not grievous. Still, your ministrations would be appreciated."

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#325 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl looks around is disbelief
What are ya all waitin' for, another patrol to come wipe us out as we sit here?
Ya heard the horn, he wasn't playin' us a thanks for killin' us tune.
Lets get the f**k outta here already.

He points at Brok
Yer the one with the sneaky moves, lead us away from this spot to somewhere they aren't expecting us.
He points next at Francisco
Yer the woodsman, try to hide our tracks

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#326 Post by Alethan »

Francisco offers a nod of thanks to Nunyet, "Thank you, once again, my friend."

He glances at Yarl skeptically.

"Right... "

...but offers no more. Instead, he cuts a large branch off a nearby bush and says, "If you'll all move in a single file line, it will be easier to hide our passage."

(Assuming this is all done after everyone quickly picks up their camp gear.)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#327 Post by Nuke66 »

Cis returns to the group and offers up some thoughts.

"Are we to run or fight? We are at our destination on the 'morrow. I'd sugesst we offer an ambush. We can use these cloaks and some planning to counter most any threat.

Francisco, your voice sounded most like the leaders, and you resemble him in stature as well. Would you be willing to lead us in some subterfuge?"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#328 Post by Alethan »

Francisco shrugs, "Sure. Up for trying that."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#329 Post by Argennian »

Computer +1 wrote:Yarl looks around is disbelief
What are ya all waitin' for, another patrol to come wipe us out as we sit here?
Ya heard the horn, he wasn't playin' us a thanks for killin' us tune.
Lets get the f**k outta here already.

He points at Brok
Yer the one with the sneaky moves, lead us away from this spot to somewhere they aren't expecting us.
He points next at Francisco
Yer the woodsman, try to hide our tracks
Alethan wrote: He glances at Yarl skeptically.

"Right... "

...but offers no more. Instead, he cuts a large branch off a nearby bush and says, "If you'll all move in a single file line, it will be easier to hide our passage."

(Assuming this is all done after everyone quickly picks up their camp gear.)
Brok looks up and nods his head, and then looks to the others. "Very well, then. Just making sure our newest friend and ally won't expire on us now! If it's not another ambush here, then I vote we circle around either east or west, single file of course, and look for another trail that will perhaps lead to the tree line or some other place we can hide out unseen and hopefully unmolested till dawn. We need to regroup and let our casters restock their spells. We can figure out an exacting plan, then."

Nuke66 wrote:Cis returns to the group and offers up some thoughts.

"Are we to run or fight? We are at our destination on the 'morrow. I'd sugesst we offer an ambush. We can use these cloaks and some planning to counter most any threat.

Francisco, your voice sounded most like the leaders, and you resemble him in stature as well. Would you be willing to lead us in some subterfuge?"
Brok looks over to his druid and ranger companions. "Our ultimate and primary mission goal is to eliminate the Red Blade that have taken over the temple. Cis, if you can use your charms on our new friend here, as well as using these cloaks, we can most surely come up with a wicked rouse!"

After stowing his gear, the young agent will prepare to lift their now-conscious prisoner. "I'll manage our new friend until we find our next destination..."

Edit: clarifications!
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#330 Post by rredmond »

Nunyet shrugs his dissatisfaction at lost sleep.

DM sir, how does this bode for prayers for spells? I'm guessing I'm out.

Speaking of which, someone else needed healing, no?
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#331 Post by ToniXX »

rredmond wrote:Nunyet shrugs his dissatisfaction at lost sleep.

DM sir, how does this bode for prayers for spells? I'm guessing I'm out.
Yes, until you get a full night's rest, you won't have new spells.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#332 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl nods his head as Brok speaks.
Alright ladies ya heard the man! Single file, grab yer gear and move out!"
Yarl walks over and slings the captive onto his shoulder saying to Brok.
You pick the path I'll carry the baggage"

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#333 Post by ToniXX »

The captive, while not happy being carried, especially by a half-orc, is otherwise resigned to his fate and does not cause any trouble.

Let me know what direction you are traveling in, or at least give me a final destination based on this map:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=477#p15479
Remember, the X shows where you camped and approximately where the battle took place.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#334 Post by Nuke66 »

Cis reconsiders his ambush thoughts after Brok mentions a 'Charm'. He was out of that option.

"Brok, the gnoll was charmed that way, I cannot do another today. But, now that you mention it, without it would reduce our chance of success. Perhaps heading north to the treeline may be in our best interest."

Cis helps cover the groups tracks and uses his own 'pass without a trace'

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#335 Post by Alethan »

Francisco nods in tired acquiescence and falls in behind the rest, ready to cover their tracks as they head north.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#336 Post by Argennian »

Computer +1 wrote:Yarl nods his head as Brok speaks.
Alright ladies ya heard the man! Single file, grab yer gear and move out!"
Yarl walks over and slings the captive onto his shoulder saying to Brok.
You pick the path I'll carry the baggage"
"Just don't drop him too hard, Yarl. At least not until we've had a chance to talk with him," Brok offers as he grabs up one of the dead members of the patrol, and begins dragging him back off the trail and towards where the party was camped. "Let's pull these dead bodies off the trail and over yonder behind those bushes where we camped. If reinforcements do come this way, perhaps they'll pass by unknowingly. Francisco, any help you can offer in smoothing out the trail where we cut them down..."

Nuke66 wrote:Cis reconsiders his ambush thoughts after Brok mentions a 'Charm'. He was out of that option.

"Brok, the gnoll was charmed that way, I cannot do another today. But, now that you mention it, without it would reduce our chance of success. Perhaps heading north to the treeline may be in our best interest."

Cis helps cover the groups tracks and uses his own 'pass without a trace'

"I know that you need time to rest and regain that spell, Cis. As does Nunyet and Veneficus, which is why we need to get to another camp quickly. And I also agree that we make for the tree line yonder and camp out there until dawn. Once in the trees, we can climb one for a better view and then use the cover to head northwest and get up behind the temple!"

rredmond wrote:... How is everyone else? Before I sleep and pray I can proffer the blessing of The Horizon upon one other.
Xaxyx wrote:"I too suffered wounds during the fight, priest of Fharlanghn," Veneficus says. "They are not grievous. Still, your ministrations would be appreciated."
Brok turns to Veneficus. "Will you take point with me, master elf? We could surely benefit from your elven nightsight and your bow work if we bump into anything."

When the bodies are hidden and the party is ready to move out, Brok will take point and lead the way as best he can by the light of the moon! He'll have his bow and an arrow to hand and will be on the lookout for any game trails heading that way.

OOC: ToniXX: Proposed direction discussed above would be north by northeast towards the tree line from where the X is on the map, so if true north was 12 o'clock, we'd be heading at @ the 1 o'clock position.
Last edited by Argennian on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#337 Post by ravenn4544 »

Kurn agrees. "Let's get away from this spot and into those trees as you suggest.. we can then get a look at what that Temple may be holding in store..."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#338 Post by rredmond »

Nunyet chuckles at the "don't drop him too hard" comment.
Argennian wrote:
rredmond wrote:... How is everyone else? Before I sleep and pray I can proffer the blessing of The Horizon upon one other.
Xaxyx wrote:"I too suffered wounds during the fight, priest of Fharlanghn," Veneficus says. "They are not grievous. Still, your ministrations would be appreciated."
Ah yes t'was what I thought.

"The Blessings of the Horizon be upon you Veneficus" he says weerily.

Cure Light Wounds: [1d8] = 1 :(

He feels the blessings are weaker than last time. "It seems my tiredness is affecting my prayers," he says as he gets ready to move on.

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#339 Post by Xaxyx »

"My thanks nevertheless," Veneficus says, nodding in appreciation. He tests the healed area, finding the pain to have somewhat dulled.

Bow in hand, he falls in alongside Brok, keeping an eye out for trouble in the moonlit night.

Return to “Incursion into Newiron - OSRIC”