Action Thread 2

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Action Thread 2

#301 Post by Computer +1 »

If you want to punch, I'll rule it as thus:
  • You can have one or two punches per round, but for each punch, you've got to drop a weapon (Yarl is holding two, right?)
  • If a punch hits against the targets normal AC, 0-2 points of damage will be inflicted, and there's a percent chance that the target will be knocked out (I'll roll that percent).
  • I'm going by the 2ed rules for this, PHB p.97, mostly because its more similar to OSRIC, OSRIC is kind of vague on the subject, and the 1ed stuff is, IMO, more complicated than it needs to be.
Yarl was only using a short sword so dropping it is no problem.
So if I understand he gets two attacks this round, I think he is a big enough jerk to try PUNCHING POWER!!
Since I am not sure I will include strength bonuses but if you dont want them used let me know!

As Brok grapples the leader Yarl throws punches:

Punch #1:
[1d20] = 2
To hit 2 + 1 = 3 (POOP!)

Punch #2
[1d20] = 19
To hit 19 + 1 = 20 (Wheeee!)

Damage:
[1d2] = 1
Damage 1 + 2 = 3
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#302 Post by ToniXX »

So I'm still waiting for Nunyet and Veneficus to post actions... any one I forgot?
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."
Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#303 Post by Xaxyx »

Veneficus stands ready as he calmly observes the brawl. If it seems as if the leader of the Red Blade band is going to manage to break free and then try to escape, he'll slash out at his legs to attempt to slow or trip the man.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#304 Post by rredmond »

Nunyet moves close to help in the overbearing if necessary, but stays out of the way.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#305 Post by ToniXX »

Day 4 (8 Delian) - An hour or so past midnight
Round 5

The enemy wins initiative.
  • The leader of the patrol swings his sword at Brok and misses. (just like last round)
Now the party actions:
  • Brok attempts to grapple the man, but is unsuccessful.
  • Yarl's first punch misses its target, but his second one hits, resulting in a haymaker, doing FOUR points of damage and knocking the man unconscious. He is bleeding out from his previous wounds. Note: damage is not based on a roll, but a table on p97 of the 2ed PHB PLUS your strength modifier!
End of round 5 and of combat.

HPs - Francisco:15/21, Cis:24/24, Nunyet:25/25, Kurn:9/9, Brok:15/16, Yarl:24/30, Veneficus:9/12

Sorry again for the delay, gents. Between me not feeling well, work being very busy today and friday, and a sick pet, real life has taken over the last few days.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#306 Post by Alethan »

No change to Francisco's action from above.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#307 Post by Argennian »

Brok sheaths his weapons and immediately moves to stabilize, bind, gag and secure their unconscious opponent. “You got 'em! Well done, Yarl! Grab his sword and check the others over quickly. They’ll have likely heard that horn up at the temple and will be sending out reinforcements, so we need to make a plan, friends. Either we lay down another ambush or fall back...”

Edit: clarifications!
Last edited by Argennian on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#308 Post by ravenn4544 »

Kurn quickly goes through the pockets and clothes of the bound figure. He then returns to a position of watching the perimeter.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#309 Post by rredmond »

Nunyet scans the horizon to see if they will be having visitors.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#310 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl lets out a laugh as the man falls to the ground.
Hahahah how ya like that ya scum? Run wit' Orcs and this is what ya get
Yarl boots the prone man in the stomach before walking away to retrieve his short sword.
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#311 Post by ToniXX »

Argennian wrote:Brok sheaths his weapons and immediately moves to stabilize, bind, gag and secure their unconscious opponent
The man is successfully bound and gagged, but he's still bleeding.
ravenn4544 wrote:Kurn quickly goes through the pockets and clothes of the bound figure. He then returns to a position of watching the perimeter.
Kurn finds nothing of interest. The only things this guy has are: His sword, the horn, and his maroon, hooded cloak
rredmond wrote:Nunyet scans the horizon to see if they will be having visitors.
By the light of the moon, Nunyet sees nothing coming from the direction of the temple (or any other direction, for that matter)
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#312 Post by Alethan »

Once he is properly dressed in his armour, Francisco will return to the group.

"Someone should at least stop his bleeding, if we want him to live... After that, let's quickly put out the fire so we don't attract any more attention right to us."
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#313 Post by Computer +1 »

You can bandage him if ya want him. Me I just knock em down.
Yarl gets his gear together quickly and then moves to loot any bodies left unchecked.

One way of the other we better get a move on things.

Yarl looks around to see where Pharmac and the rest of the hired helpers are.
Yall get yer stuff ready to move
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#314 Post by Argennian »

ToniXX wrote:
Argennian wrote:Brok sheaths his weapons and immediately moves to stabilize, bind, gag and secure their unconscious opponent
The man is successfully bound and gagged, but he's still bleeding...
Brok makes absolutely sure that he has properly stabilized the unconscious prisoner, lest he bleed out and their newly-gained advantageous opportunity be wasted!

Once confirmed that the prisoner is indeed stabilized, Brok turns to the druid. "Friend Cis, I believe we will have need of your earthly-magical charms upon this man. Something tells me he will not be amendable to our future queries..."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#315 Post by ToniXX »

Day 4 (8 Delian) - 2am
Post-combat.

The prisoner wakes from his unconscious state. He quickly realizes the situation he's in, and rolls his eyes. His bleeding seems to have stopped.
The fire that burned the dry grass around the combat area is out.
Yarl loots the remaining bodies. He finds nothing but their weapons (short swords) and armor (leather), and dark red capes. There were five such soldiers. And on the two orcs he finds a combined total of 7gp and 12sp, most likely their pay for the past few days.
Francisco has put his armor back on and is with the party.
Continued vigilance reveals nobody approaching the area.

What do you do now?

HPs - Francisco:15/21, Cis:24/24, Nunyet:25/25, Kurn:9/9, Brok:15/16, Yarl:24/30, Veneficus:9/12
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#316 Post by Argennian »

Brok smiles fiendishly down at their new prisoner. "So glad you decided not to forfeit your life for nothing, friend."

He then removes the prisoner's red cape and turns to the others. "Let's pull their bodies off of the trail and hide them as quickly as we can. I suggest everyone grab up a red cape, as we might have use of them in the near future."

He then adds, "We must also decide on our plan. Shall we lay another ambush or fall back to regroup? We must assume that those at the temple yonder have heard the horn and will be sending someone or something out to investigate..."
Last edited by Argennian on Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#317 Post by rredmond »

If we aren't moving or breaking fast, Nunyet lies down, wake me when it's my turn on watch... preferable with the smell of sizzling bacon... ah.
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#318 Post by ToniXX »

Argennian wrote: He then removes the prisoner's red cape and turns to the others. "Let's pull their bodies off of the trail and hide them as quickly as we can. I suggest everyone grab up a red cape, as we might have use of them in the near future."
I should clarify: The prisoner is wearing a hooded cloak, with sleeves, as are the others. (I know I said cape earlier, but that's wrong). Thus, taking the cloak off of the prisoner will be hard while he's bound. They can easily be removed from the dead soldiers, though. The orcs do not wear the same cloaks.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#319 Post by Alethan »

Francisco removes the hooded robes of one of the other men - one that would appear to be sized appropriately - and puts it on.

"I'm going to have to do something about this wound, as well," he adds, staunching the bleeding on his arm.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#320 Post by rredmond »

Wounds? The cleric says, not having fallen asleep yet, why the glory of the Horizon and the blessings of Fharlanghn can help there!

Should I roll me a d8 DM?

Return to “Incursion into Newiron - OSRIC”