Action Thread 2

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Action Thread 2

#101 Post by Vargr1105 »

Distorted Humor wrote:Odo watches as a arrow or two lands at his feet.

"At this rate, we could go back in town and buy a round of drinks from all the spare ammo that falling our way."
"Certes." Agrees Rake, "If they fight as well as they shoot we might be hauling one of their carcasses or two back to town. The Guild of Apothecaries pays good money for bodies you know? To study and tutoring the Initiates in anatomy." Rake's smile becomes even more vulpine than Odo's, "We could get a feast's worth out of this little expedition, rather than just a round of drinks."

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#102 Post by Solinor »

Wulfgard moves up with Malak and Zafalia, his shield held defensively.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 10:00a

Reserving the right to retcon, particularly when Son of Thunder checks in as he's been very active. But it seems that this is the course of action and most of you have checked in at this point.

Wulfgard, Malak and Varkos, backed up by Zafalia, step up to the exit. Malak has his torch held high. When you all get about 7 or 8 feet of the plants they thrust from the wall, stretching that kooky stem, an swing forward at you.

I'll need initiative. Also actions. If your actions involve any rolls, please go ahead and make them. If it isn't a roll you are supposed to make, or one I wanted to make behind the screen we'll just take care of it as we go. Also let me know if any of you moved up with Malak, or are taking different actions. You don't hear the giggling going on down the hall ;) .

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Korgul - 24/24
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Korgul: battle axe, shield
MO (10’): 1- Malak; 2- Korgul and SoT; 3- Varkos; 4- Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- Zafalia and Wulfgard
Consumables: Lantern - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 50 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 52 minutes (Zafalia), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#104 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:I'll need initiative.
Initiative [1d6] = 1 ooc: We're playing by 2E rules, right? ;)

rredmond wrote:When you all get about 7 or 8 feet of the plants they thrust from the wall, stretching that kooky stem, an swing forward at you.
Malak, half expecting this very thing to happen, manages to fight back a screech. He directs his torch, already held high, in the direction of one of the falling plants in attempt to burn it, hoping that the heat alone will keep them at bay.

To hit with torch [1d20-1] = 4-1 = 3
Burn with torch [1d3] = 2 <-- ooc: I will obviously re-roll if you rule torch damage should be something other than 1d3.
rredmond wrote:You don't hear the giggling going on down the hall
I, for one, am going to miss the side show!

edit: Added to-hit roll.
Last edited by dmw71 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#105 Post by Alethan »

(Pssst... think you need an attack roll, Dave)

Ilhalevar asks those not currently engaged in the melee, "I wonder if a flask of oil, appropriately thrown, might not work better?"
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#106 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:(Pssst... think you need an attack roll, Dave)
D'oh! You mean Malak doesn't automatically hit? ;)
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by tkrexx »

Wretched weeds! The Ranger un-"sheathes" his spear and prepares to snatch Malak out of harms way if the torch has little or no effect. He mutters an oath at himself for choosing torches instead if oil.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#108 Post by saalaria »

Varkos steps up to the plant Malak is not attacking and swings:

Longsword [1d20+3] = 7+3 = 10 Dam [1d8+5] = 4+5 = 9

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by rredmond »

We'll move to round 1 of the combat here:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=595
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”