Action Thread 2

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 2

#61 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar shakes her head,"I have no problems with destroying them. They are aberrations. They are unnatural."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#62 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Ilhalevar shakes her head,"I have no problems with destroying them. They are aberrations. They are unnatural."
"Not to mention creepy, eh?" Malak offers.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 9:47a

Not totally unexpectedly, when the druidess tosses the rock between the plants, they don't really move. Watching those tendril like filaments though, moving lightly in the breeze, makes the party realize... there's no breeze.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Korgul - 24/24
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Korgul: battle axe, shield
MO (10’): 1- Malak; 2- Korgul and SoT; 3- Varkos; 4- Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- Zafalia and Wulfgard
Consumables: Lantern - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (Zafalia), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#64 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Not totally unexpectedly, when the druidess tosses the rock between the plants, they don't really move. Watching those tendril like filaments though, moving lightly in the breeze, makes the party realize... there's no breeze.
"Let's see if they react to heat." Malak offers. Torch held in front of him, the plodding rogue approaches the hanging plants with cautious steps, intending to slowly reach the torch out in the direction of the plants without actually touching them... for now.
-- Project --
-- DM --

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#65 Post by saalaria »

"Wait friend Malak. How about we try arrows first so we can continue to remain a good distance away."
Vargos grabs Malak's arm before he can get the torch up....

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#66 Post by dmw71 »

saalaria wrote:"Wait friend Malak. How about we try arrows first so we can continue to remain a good distance away."
Vargos grabs Malak's arm before he can get the torch up....
Malak jerks to a stop, almost dropping the torch from the surprise. "Next time, all you have to do is ask." he says with a wink.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#67 Post by Solinor »

Wulfgard watches as others attempt to discern the nature of the strange pods.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote: ... Not totally unexpectedly, when the druidess tosses the rock between the plants, they don't really move. Watching those tendril like filaments though, moving lightly in the breeze, makes the party realize... there's no breeze.
"Hmm..." Zafalia frowns and appears disapponted. She hears Vargos' warning to Malak and nods her head in agreement.

Looking at the ranger with his bow prepared, she offers a suggestion. "Son of Thunder. The one on the left. Let us see if an arrow will gets it's attention..."

The druidess will set down her lantern, nod to the others and have her sling prepared and ready in case something happens.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by tkrexx »

At that, the Ranger looses the arrow.
To hit: [1d20+2] = 3+2 = 5
...Aaaaand quicklyloosesanother!
[1d20] = 19 +2 dex=21
Thaaaat's better.
[1d6] = 4

Edit: 2 arrows marked off.
Last edited by tkrexx on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 9:57a

The first arrow clatters down the hallway in between the plants. Causing them to twitch a bit.

The second strikes true and hits the one on the left. It twitches more, sappy ichor leaks down, and both plants swing out, from the ropy part attached to the ceiling, to about 10' from where they are attached. But they can't reach the party. So both then squish themselves up into the ceiling... presenting a smaller target. Now they look like large bumps on the ceiling as opposed to hanging plant things.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Korgul - 24/24
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Korgul: battle axe, shield
MO (10’): 1- Malak; 2- Korgul and SoT; 3- Varkos; 4- Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- Zafalia and Wulfgard
Consumables: Lantern - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 53 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 55 minutes (Zafalia), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#71 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar nods at the response, as if it was something she expected.

"We should remove these threats."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#72 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:"We should remove these threats."
As if driven by instinct, Malak withdraws his daggers from their sheathes and begins carefully twirling them in his hands. He contemplates tossing them at the withdrawn plants on the ceiling before reconsidering. "No sense risking losing one of these." he says quietly. "Better to let those with actual ranged weapons handle this." he thinks to himself. Frustrated as the feeling of uselessness, he gives his daggers one last twirl before returning them to their respective sheathes.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#73 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo looks to his friend talking in Thieves Cant "No light I think Rake, They are making a huge racket, lets see how they deal with these plants, then introduce ourselves. Or we could call out and thank them for their help when they arrive, what to do you say?"

KesselZero
Runner
Runner

#74 Post by KesselZero »

Ha! Durn things can't even reach us. Ye missile-weaponers deal with this. I shall eat an apple. Korgul plops down on the ground with his axe in his lap.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#75 Post by Vargr1105 »

The tall bearded man answers his diminutive companion in the same dialect "I think...discretion would be the better part of valor. Let us wait and see what they do. We can call them if they desist from attempting to cross."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Argennian »

"Agreed. Let us eliminate the threat." When the Son of Thunder, Vargos and any others with ranged melee weapons confirm ready, Zafalia will join in, firing off a sling bullet at the hanging flora sentry to the right:

To Hit with sling (+3 Dex bonus):
[1d20+3] = 10+3 = 13 (hits AC7)

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=5024

Damage: sling bullet vs sm/med creatures:
[1d4+1] = 1+1 = 2

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=5025
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#77 Post by saalaria »

Varkos shakes out his arms, rolls his head from side-to-side, focuses....
Slowly pulls his bow up to firing position, plants his feet firmly, sights down the arrow. Draws in a deep breath, exhales, re-adjusts his grip, then slightly turns his head.
He mutters to himself , takes two more breaths then is still for what seems like an age...

...wait for it..

he lets fly...

code: To Hit [1d20] = 4

Doh! he shakes his head:

OOC - what are the OSRIC rules for strength bonus and bows? I am assuming I would need a bow specially made etc - so am assuming no bonus to hit

He tries again, following a similar routine:

code: To Hit [1d20] = 7

"If old Grunter could see me now, he'd tan my hide in no mistake....."

Varkos hangs his head, momentarily defeated....

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 9:58a

Varkos' arrows go the way of the rangers first arrow. The first arrow clatters down the hallway, the second hits the wall splintering.

The druidess has only slightly better luck, but still cannot hit the plants now that they are smooshed up against the ceiling.

Consumables: Lantern - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 52 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 54 minutes (Zafalia), 40’ radius.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#79 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar smirks.

"We could run through the door now... but we'll have to contend with them again upon our return. And we won't have the advantage we do now, coming from the other side. Slings and stones seem the prudent choice, if we're to conserve our arrows..."

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#80 Post by Distorted Humor »

Vargr1105 wrote:The tall bearded man answers his diminutive companion in the same dialect "I think...discretion would be the better part of valor. Let us wait and see what they do. We can call them if they desist from attempting to cross."
"Indeed, well we can see they can't hit the side of a barn..."

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”