Action Thread 2

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 2

#41 Post by Alethan »

Thinking for a moment, Ilhalevar adds, "We might want to light up a few torches here. Plants, natural or unnatural, will most likely fear fire. We may be able to keep them at bay, should they prove to be hostile, without venturing into any real conflict."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#42 Post by dmw71 »

tkrexx wrote:The Ranger rolls his rope up tightly and re-stashes it in his satchel, then pulls out another torch. Malak, that one appears almost used. So you can be ready.
Malak accepts the torch from the Thunder man, using his currently sputtering torch to light the new one. "Ahh, much better" he muses to himself as the new torch burns brightly.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

KesselZero
Runner
Runner

#43 Post by KesselZero »

Korgul is heading a bit in that direction, but really letting the druidess go first. He won't get close enough to see the things just yet.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger will accompany Zafalia close to the things, but not so close the "Filiments" can reach out and touch somebody. Checking the floor for signs of traffic.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Argennian »

"I will try to get a look at them from somewhat of a distance, if possible. I am not sure what I can do in regards to communicating with them, or if that's even possible. If they sound an alarm, we will have to dispatch them. I recommend missile weapons, so as to stay out of their reach."

With Korgul and Son of Thunder close behind her, Zafalia will move up to get a look at the two plant creatures. She holds her torch in one hand and her loaded sling in the other. She is careful not to approach too close and when able to view them, will try and identify anything about them that she can.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by saalaria »

Varkos will approach SoT as he walks past :

"I am without a purpose in a foreign land - perhaps I can accompany you and your companions further into these caves?"

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by tkrexx »

Ready your bow, then. Chances be these thing will lash out at us, or try to poison us with dust. I intend to keep a safe distance.

The Ranger pauses. I am Son of Thunder of the Unending Path. We could use your muscle.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#49 Post by dmw71 »

saalaria wrote:"I am without a purpose in a foreign land - perhaps I can accompany you and your companions further into these caves?"
Malak, already standing next to Son of Thunder, overhears Varkos and musters up his best confident voice: "Sure, Thunder man and I can help keep you safe."
-- Project --
-- DM --

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#50 Post by saalaria »

"well met fellows, I am Varkos the Glorious. I will lend my sword and bow to the cause. For what is it we seek? I must confess my previous companions were less than forth-coming about this place and what it contained"

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 9:45a

The party gathers itself and moves cautiously closer. (In the Marching Order noted below) they too start to hear the next waterfall in the distance.

They stop about 15’ away, where the elvish magic user had stopped and with the torchlight can see these plants clearly.

southern exit.gif
southern exit.gif (4.72 KiB) Viewed 880 times
And as the Druidess looks closer her torch starts to sputter as well, it’s life ending.

Noted torch life(s) below.

[/b]HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Korgul - 24/24
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Korgul: battle axe, shield
MO (10’): 1- Malak; 2- Korgul and SoT; 3- Varkos; 4- Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- Zafalia and Wulfgard
Consumables: Lantern - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 5 minutes (Zafalia), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by tkrexx »

Disappearing townsfolk, the Ranger replies to Varkos, tho his eyes still hold to the odd growths decorating the cave ceiling. Find and eliminate the source, bring the folk home, if possible. Zafalia, your opinion on these?

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:... And as the Druidess looks closer her torch starts to sputter as well, it’s life ending.
Zafalia sets the sputtering torch down, gets out her hooded lantern and lights it.

tkrexx wrote:Disappearing townsfolk, the Ranger replies to Varkos, tho his eyes still hold to the odd growths decorating the cave ceiling. Find and eliminate the source, bring the folk home, if possible. Zafalia, your opinion on these?
The druidess steps forward with one eyebrow raised in awe and the other furrowed in confusion upon seeing the alien-looking flora. "I have... no idea at all what they are, master ranger. I would like to hope they are not a threat but my instincts tell me otherwise. Let us prepare our missile weapons, friends. If we must dispatch them, mayhap the sound of the waterfall will cover the noise."

Zafalia will find a small rock, and with the others ready, will toss it over on the cavern floor below those things to see if they react.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

KesselZero
Runner
Runner

#54 Post by KesselZero »

Missile weapons, hm? I shall have to purchase one when we return to the town loaded with booty. Until then, I'll just have to back ye up with this. The dwarf hefts his axe menacingly. He moves so he is just behind Zafalia, readying himself to strike if anything gets within attacking distance of her.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#55 Post by saalaria »

Varkos readies his bow, waiting for Zafalia to indicate when he should fire. He will stay 10feet behind Zafalia for now.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger readies his bow. Should the things begin squealing, moving or blowing smoke he will loose his arrow.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by rredmond »

Hope to update by tomorrow morning. We lost Comp+1 to the game, but I'll NPC the cleric while we recruit someone else to join. Hopefully I can get someone to take over the character, but we'll see. Sorry guys!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:Hope to update by tomorrow morning. We lost Comp+1 to the game, but I'll NPC the cleric while we recruit someone else to join. Hopefully I can get someone to take over the character, but we'll see. Sorry guys!
OOC: No worries, Ron.

I'm sure we'll get the slot filled quickly! 8-)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#60 Post by dmw71 »

Argennian wrote:"I have... no idea at all what they are, master ranger. I would like to hope they are not a threat but my instincts tell me otherwise. Let us prepare our missile weapons, friends. If we must dispatch them, mayhap the sound of the waterfall will cover the noise."
"So no one objects if we hack these things up or set them afire?" Malak asks, a hint of a grin can be seen at the corners of his mouth.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”